Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

What about when meeting women? A handshake in a formal/business situation.

At a party, when you're introduced to a girl, are you supposed to go in for a kiss on the cheek? A hug? A handshake? Or just nod your head and smile?

I normally go for the kiss on the cheek.

You have to go for it though. It can get really awkward if you half heartedly lean in.

I'd never shake hands with a girl i'm being introduced to in a social situation. That's just weird.

What about when meeting women? A handshake in a formal/business situation.

At a party, when you're introduced to a girl, are you supposed to go in for a kiss on the cheek? A hug? A handshake? Or just nod your head and smile?

I normally go for the kiss on the cheek.

You have to go for it though. It can get really awkward if you half heartedly lean in.

I'd never shake hands with a girl i'm being introduced to in a social situation. That's just weird.

But what about work? Meeting, business suits and all that. Has to be a handshake. But not a bone crushing man shake.

Yeah, same here. I probably see foxes a couple of times a week.

My parents have 4 that visit their garden regularly ... One of them curls up like a cat and sleeps outside the back door waiting for them to come home and feed it.... It's rather keen on breakfast cereal and biscuits

• Like 1

When people get annoyed at you for not knowing something that you're not supposed to know.

Someone just came into the office. I was the only one around, and they asked about something that someone in my office (but not in my team) deals with. I have absolutely nothing to do with his team or what he deals with. I know what he does, but I have no idea how it's done or what it involves.

I politely tell the guy that he's after "Tom" but he's not in today so he'll have to wait until tomorrow or speak to his boss when he's in.

"Can you help me with it?"

I, again politely, explain that it's nothing to do with me, I'd like to help but I really have no knowledge of what he wants so I'd be less than useless.

He lets out an exacerbated sigh

"Isn't there a website or something I can look at that has this info on?" 

I tell him that there might be, but again as it has nothing to do with me I couldn't tell him where to look for it.

"FINE! I'll have to wait until he's back in!"

And he storms off.

Get a grip

• Like 1

Absolutely that.  We get a constant stream of Joe Publics calling up to speak to (or emailing in for) completely random business divisions and they're almost always getting the hump despite explaining that I have no idea what or where ISSS/ITS/Network Solutions/Capital Share Dealing are.

Yeah, even worse is when you actually DO help them by telling them who to speak to or giving them a number to call or whatever, and they're still annoyed because YOU don't know the answer. What do they want?!

Ah, yes - difficult customers on the phone. I've encountered many, many irate customers, and it does piss me off, cos you try to help as best you can, but it can never be good enough for some people. Whiiiiiiich actually yeah, for the line of work I'm in is probably fair enough :P

I do like it though when you have an angry one, but then by the end they tell you how helpful you've been. That's a nice feeling ^_^

...once that happened though, and I was winding up the call, and said to the chap "okey dokey then..." and was going to continue and explain what would happen next, and end the conversation there. Unfortunately for me (and I'm guessing here but it seems likely) this individual had been hypnotised, and the phrase "okey-dokey" was his buzz word to go completely bananas. "OKEY DOKEY?! OKEY **** DOKEY?!" and he properly went off on one.

Status from an "ex" on facebook:

FYI most pizza places which serve 'ham' on pizzas is actually not ham but 30% turkey and the rest is mechanically recovered chicken and 'other ingredients' ie things worse than mechanically recovered chicken. Please let's boycott 'ham' on pizzas!

This has really annoyed me for some reason.

FYI most pizza places which serve 'ham' on pizzas is actually not ham but 30% turkey and the rest is mechanically recovered chicken and 'other ingredients' ie things worse than mechanically recovered chicken. Please let's boycott 'ham' on pizzas!

Is the reason that it's incredibly easy to make your own pizza, so you could buy the ham yourself and know exactly what it is?

Is it the almost condescending usage of FYI?

Is it being told what to do?

Maybe it is a combination of all these things, or maybe you're just really **** grumpy

One thing that annoyed the **** out of me was foreigners calling up on work and asking for money since my boss was semi famous over here. Like really? What the hell do you expect?

There was also several business ventures under his name, and of course we got called up for people seeking something completely different. "Hey I need new rimes for my car, this and that" I tell them that they have called the wrong place and we just share the same owner, virtually everything else is different. They still keep going on, sometimes completely ignoring what I just said. And then go on and complain that they couldn`t get through the other line, so for some reason calling up her and letting out some steam helped. And the worst part is that the line was always busy or such, so you would get called up when you had lunch, and they wouldn`t shut the **** up. Once I told a guy that he might as well call mcdonalds as he would get the same amount of help over there with his questions, and even still they continue to push on. "Why is that?" Why won`t they answer bla bla" 

The meat feast pizzas at ASDA (the fresh ones) have huge chunks of gammon for ham.

• Like 1

The person who ruined last night's Game of Thrones episode for me. She then tried to defend it as "they're not real people so it doesn't matter". Of course it **** matters you **** clown. If you'd watched 28 episodes of a TV programme for someone to ruin one of the most shocking scenes of the series so far you'd be royally pissed off. **** clearing in the woods. 

Edited by Milfner

The person who ruined last night's Game of Thrones episode for me. She then tried to defend it as "they're not real people so it doesn't matter". Of course it **** matters you **** clown. If you'd watched 28 episodes of a TV programme for someone to ruin one of the most shocking scenes of the series so far you'd be royally pissed off. **** clearing in the woods. 

I feel for you man, I would have been raging if it had been spoiled for me. Thankfully it wasn't, nor has anything else from the books, thus far. Although will make a better 'stab' at them when this series ends.

Speaking of which, I am glad I did see it last night. Went on the Metro website a few minutes ago, and there are massive spoilers everywhere, including pictures, with very little or no warnings. God forbid you hadn't seen it yet but were planning to, and then went on there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â