Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I think I accidentally promised a guy on here 2 tickets for Wigan when I only meant I had 1. So it's pissing me off internally before I know whether it has been a mix-up and it can be resolved.

I'm going to give that book the benefit of the doubt until I know what it purports to be.

If it's a book of "American history", then the dates are correct - that was the period of US involvement in WWII.

If however, it claims to be general/world history, it's plain wrong.

IINM, Russian history books view WWII as starting in 1941 as well.

So two out of three Allies agree that WWII didn't start until 1941.

I'm going to give that book the benefit of the doubt until I know what it purports to be.

If it's a book of "American history", then the dates are correct - that was the period of US involvement in WWII.

If however, it claims to be general/world history, it's plain wrong.

IINM, Russian history books view WWII as starting in 1941 as well.

So two out of three Allies agree that WWII didn't start until 1941.

Also, the Axis alliance didn't come about until 1940

So again from another perspective it was not a world war as the wars in the two theatres (Europe and the Asia-Pacific) weren't linked until a year after Britain's declaration of war.

Having to attend a Christian funeral.

?? What kind of Christian? Irish funerals, for example, are usually a celebration of the person's life, provided of course the death wasn't a premature one. That may reflect more on our people and on our culture though, rather than on the specific religion involved.

I.O.W. - We are probably just fun in general :)

I was eating an ice cream cone and it broke just above the bottom. Now that is the very definition of something that really doesn't matter, but was **** irritating.

I was eating an ice cream cone and it broke just above the bottom. Now that is the very definition of something that really doesn't matter, but was **** irritating.

Does give you a legitimate reason to polish it off like a total pig though :D
  • Like 1

I remained dignified  :ph34r:

You really do love being a ninja (in no way does that piss me off, just an observation :D)

You really do love being a ninja (in no way does that piss me off, just an observation :D)

I just like the emoticon  :ph34r:   :D

Having to attend a Christian funeral.

?? What kind of Christian? Irish funerals, for example, are usually a celebration of the person's life, provided of course the death wasn't a premature one. That may reflect more on our people and on our culture though, rather than on the specific religion involved.

I.O.W. - We are probably just fun in general :)

Erm, Protestant? No other way to describe it.

Well, it wasn't as depressing as my (maternal) grandpa's Buddhist-Taoist funeral, my grandma's funeral was okay in that respect.

I hate it primarily because i have to put on an act, tbh, not because it's boring (it is, but I can deal with that alright)

oh and you can cut the sexual tension with a knife in here. To borrow a phrase from our resident snowboarder, good lord.

Really? I thought it was just a load of blokes fawning over the few female posters in some vain attempt to get noticed by them?

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Speaking of vain attempts to get noticed - lady at work, who is terribly flirtatious and not the slightest bit attractive.

But I don't want to tell her to **** off because I'm a pleasant chap (shock, horror, etc) and I'm not one to upset people for something so harmless.

It does make the hours pass a little longer, though.

I wish I had the common sense to think before I say, or worse, type stupid or offensive stuff.

I had to review one of my colleague's code this afternoon, and emailed someone saying 'it's about as well developed as a 9 week abortion'...It was forwarded on to them to 'review and act on the feedback'. Maybe I'll stay at home on Monday.

• Like 1

I went to a murder mystery play tonight and normally they're really hard so we started looking really intently into it. There was so many clues pointing towards 1 suspect but it was too obvious. It was her. The **** bitch.

I wish I had the common sense to think before I say, or worse, type stupid or offensive stuff.

I had to review one of my colleague's code this afternoon, and emailed someone saying 'it's about as well developed as a 9 week abortion'...It was forwarded on to them to 'review and act on the feedback'. Maybe I'll stay at home on Monday.

I imagine you'd be sacked at a lot of companies for putting that in a work email

I went to a murder mystery play tonight and normally they're really hard so we started looking really intently into it. There was so many clues pointing towards 1 suspect but it was too obvious. It was her. The **** bitch.

I've had the opposite and it was way worse.

Went to a murder mystery thing but there were deliberately no obvious clues. At the end it was basically just a huge guess. It was shit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â