Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I love working in shit hole council estates, since starting a job yesterday I've had some tools pinched, skip filled with other peoples rubbish and threatened with being beaten up for starting work at 8am waking the jobless neighbours up.

that was the period of US involvement in WWII.

this weeks episode of pawn stars they were looking at buying a WWII plane and the(American ) expert said that the Americans had fair superior planes than anyone else in WWII :rant:

They had some pretty good ones - the P-51 Mustang (albeit the Merlin engined version), the F4F Wildcat, the B-29 Superfortress. But yeah, you'd have to say Spitfire, Lancaster, FW190, A6M Zero. Maybe even the IL-2 Sturmovik in its class.

Not forgetting the Hurricane and Mosquito

The Hurri was certainly underrated, as a workhorse fighter and fighter/bomber. But TBF there were plenty of those - Bf109, P-47, Yak-9, etc.

But I should definitely have included the Mozzie. Fast as ****.

I think I've mentioned this before.

But the continuous stories from high ranking FIFA/UEFA officials about not being able to play the world cup in Qatar in the summer. For example this one from today

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says it is "not rational" to play football in the heat of the Qatari summer, as planned for the 2020 World Cup.

WHY THE **** DID THEY GET GIVEN THE WORLD CUP THEN?!?!?!

Surely the FIRST thing you'd assess about a candidate is whether they're capable of hosting the tournament? And a country where it's so hot your eyes will boil if you play football would fail that criteria straight away, imo!

Moneygrabbing bastards

Edited by Stevo985

I'm quite interested to see what it does to Qatar

I was there at Xmas , the level of building work is astounding , they are building a metro ,250 - 5 star hotels , 7 - 7 star hotels  .. not just for the world cup but it's certainly a factor in it all

locals can buy alcohol in the hotel bars but they need a permit to do so  ... it will be interesting to see what Budweiser and Qatar will agree and if it relaxes the alcohol rules long term

Being sat in Court since 10am waiting for my cases to be called on..... **** off are **** fishing licence rule breakers more important than me.

I think I've mentioned this before.

But the continuous stories from high ranking FIFA/UEFA officials about not being able to play the world cup in Qatar in the summer. For example this one from today

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says it is "not rational" to play football in the heat of the Qatari summer, as planned for the 2020 World Cup.

WHY THE **** DID THEY GET GIVEN THE WORLD CUP THEN?!?!?!

Surely the FIRST thing you'd assess about a candidate is whether they're capable of hosting the tournament? And a country where it's so hot your eyes will boil if you play football would fail that criteria straight away, imo!

Moneygrabbing bastards

I'll be really annoyed if it gets moved to winter. Could they not build the stadia with retractable roofs?

I dare say people in China get pissed off at Europeans who think it started in 1939.

Bravo, Moon Man.

Although, playing devil's advocate here, before Britain's declaration of war against Germany, the conflict was centred around a small but highly populated corner of Asia, hence from that perspective it was not a World War (yet)

Meaning it only became one in 1939 taz.gif
By that logic though, WWI was not a World War.

No, the Great War had theatres world wide pretty much from the get go. Africa, Asia and the Pacific... Even if that want the case it was arguably a global war as a war of empires that saw people drawn from across the globe to fight for the committal powers.

Hostilities certainly weren't confined just to the European continent, but that was were the bulk of the fighting was. It was also a war fought between European powers on European interests, the Indians and Africans etc who fought in the war were fighting on behalf of European states, not non-European ones.

I can see your point though, it is more of a global war than the pre-1939 Sino-Japan conflict.

This is going to sound a bit harsh but its what I think; a mate of mine committed suicide just over a month or so ago, the funeral took place last month but already, this Sunday, the family are having a memorial service. Am I wrong to think its a bit soon, should this not be a bit further in the future? I'm not going as I'm going to Wigan but just wondered whether it was normal to do this sort of thing so soon after a funeral.

yeah that's about right i think, im not sure what would be considered normal for something like that to be honest though. It certainly doesnt seem an abnormal amount of time either way to me though? 

Oh and my condolences by the way houlston

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â