Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

that was the period of US involvement in WWII.

this weeks episode of pawn stars they were looking at buying a WWII  plane and the(American ) expert said that the Americans had fair superior planes than anyone else in WWII :rant:

They had some pretty good ones - the P-51 Mustang (albeit the Merlin engined version), the F4F Wildcat, the B-29 Superfortress. But yeah, you'd have to say Spitfire, Lancaster, FW190, A6M Zero. Maybe even the IL-2 Sturmovik in its class. 

I dare say people in China get pissed off at Europeans who think it started in 1939.

Bravo, Moon Man.

Although, playing devil's advocate here, before Britain's declaration of war against Germany, the conflict was centred around a small but highly populated corner of Asia, hence from that perspective it was not a World War (yet)

Meaning it only became one in 1939 taz.gif

By that logic though, WWI was not a World War.

No, the Great War had theatres world wide pretty much from the get go. Africa, Asia and the Pacific... Even if that want the case it was arguably a global war as a war of empires that saw people drawn from across the globe to fight for the committal powers.

That I still play Pro Evo but everyone I know plays FIFA and I dont want to change as I know i'll be rubbish at it for ages whilst I get used to it.

The power always shifts. Back in 07/08 FIFA was dreadful and pro evo was awesome.

my boy(8) talking about homophones in the car on the way to school today and me wondering who was teaching him about anti homosexuals :blush:

he clearly got his brains form somewhere else :)

Hopefully he's intelligent enough to vote Labour when he grows up then. ;)

He's a private school boy so he'll be Tory all day long :-)

Edited by tonyh29

that was the period of US involvement in WWII.

this weeks episode of pawn stars they were looking at buying a WWII plane and the(American ) expert said that the Americans had fair superior planes than anyone else in WWII :rant:

They had some pretty good ones - the P-51 Mustang (albeit the Merlin engined version), the F4F Wildcat, the B-29 Superfortress. But yeah, you'd have to say Spitfire, Lancaster, FW190, A6M Zero. Maybe even the IL-2 Sturmovik in its class.

Not forgetting the Hurricane and Mosquito

my boy(8) talking about homophones in the car on the way to school today and me wondering who was teaching him about anti homosexuals :blush:

he clearly got his brains form somewhere else :)

Hopefully he's intelligent enough to vote Labour when he grows up then. ;)

He's a private school boy so he'll be Tory all day long :-)

Burn him

• Like 1

I don't know which channel carries 'Pawn Stars' and 'Storage Wars' in the UK but over here I get the History channel...

The advert breaks on this channel are **** horrendous. At least 3-4 breaks per half hour show. 

...then there's the channel. One programme this week was about 'history' the others, filled with shouting Americans.

I don't know which channel carries 'Pawn Stars' and 'Storage Wars' in the UK but over here I get the History channel...

The advert breaks on this channel are **** horrendous. At least 3-4 breaks per half hour show. 

...then there's the channel. One programme this week was about 'history' the others, filled with shouting Americans.

Yeah History. We watch it at uni.

History Channel HD but only 1 advert break in the 30 min show

Do you get British adverts though?

I must get the American feed, because it's bloody annoying.

Do you get British adverts though?

I must get the American feed, because it's bloody annoying.

I think the adverts mostly advertise other programs on the History channel.

Buying clothes from eBay that are described as 'as new, great condition' etc and when it arrives it has stains on it.  :angry:

Now the word removed is saying there were no stains when he sent it and is refusing to give me a refund. Cock.

Dimwitted people on this page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2210648913/

Worse than VT.

I've noticed people complain about VT quite a bit recently, assuming they mean on topic. I know the main forum can get a bit silly at times, but it's the reason we all ended up here. It's actually got better over the last couple of years in my opinion.

You're entitled to yours, I just think it deserves a bit more respect. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â