Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The company I work for has just introduced a new company benefits thing and since this is the annual enrolment month everyones looking at the bits and bobs to sort out the things you can only do during this month and also nosing around at the new stuff. Mostly this compromises of a kind of Quidco cashback system that also offers discounts at shitloads of retailers as well.

Great, right?

The thing is most of the discounts are instore discounts using reloadable gift cards you can top up at a preferential rate. This really shouldn't piss me off, but it does - it's a fairly logical way to do it but somehow it seems a bit shit to me.

We have that at my work too, done by xexec. Never, ever used the gift card thing. It was run by a different company until a couple of years ago, and that was better. They had cashback of varying percentages on winning bids on ebay, for example, and some other pretty decent cashback offers on sites like play, game, etc.

Very rarely use it since it changed

The company I work for has just introduced a new company benefits thing and since this is the annual enrolment month everyones looking at the bits and bobs to sort out the things you can only do during this month and also nosing around at the new stuff. Mostly this compromises of a kind of Quidco cashback system that also offers discounts at shitloads of retailers as well.

Great, right?

The thing is most of the discounts are instore discounts using reloadable gift cards you can top up at a preferential rate. This really shouldn't piss me off, but it does - it's a fairly logical way to do it but somehow it seems a bit shit to me.

The system isn't called "Orbit", by any chance?

I only they had a website so you could avoid all of that

Does this look like the thread for common sense, eh?! smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emot

You need to see if the stuff fits. Football boot sizes don't correspond to my shoe size as I discovered during my recent ordeal.

Finally Sky are offering a way for customers to view their sports channels on a non-subscription basis, providing an alternative route to the sky-high monthly charges.

Perfect.

£9.99 per day. **** sake.

My dad called Sky to complain that we're paying for the most expensive package and should have been sent an HD box.

The flaw in his arguement is that we are actually with Virgin.

• Like 2

I may or may not have brought this up before. I can't remember, but reading another thread brought it to mind again.

I was in a bookstore a while back (it is the type of place you can easily hear conversations while you're browsing) and a chap came in to the store and started blabbing away to the man at the till. He was going on about how he had cancer and how ill he's been, fair enough, but then it took a strange turn. He mentioned that he believed the doctors didn't have his interests at heart, how he felt 'Big Medicine' really just wanted his money and that the first thing doctors learnt was how to write a prescription. This annoyed me, and the chap at the till listened on and agreed half-heartedly, calling them all **** and some such. Anyway, the sick ol' fella goes on about how he was meant to go in for an operation but he's having second thoughts now because a few weeks back he met a man from Wexford who had similar feelings and in fact had an alternative cure - asparagus. The mysterious man from Wexford emailed a documentary that 'proved' that cancer treatment in hospitals is a sham and eating a diet heavy in asparagus has been 'proven' to cure cancer in patients. So the ol' fella finishes his tale by saying doctors aren't getting their hands on him and he's going to go on the asparagus diet instead, and he'll come back in a few weeks with a few copies of the documentary on DVD.

**** sake.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

On a similar thought train, I'm "friends" with a guy I used to work with on Facebook.

He's a bit of an idiot.

The other day he posted this thing about Japanese water treatment. "Apparently", if you've got cancer (or any other assortment of diseases) then a glass of water every morning for up to 180 days will completely cure you.

Annoyed me. Needless to say he's now blocked.

I may or may not have brought this up before. I can't remember, but reading another thread brought it to mind again.

I was in a bookstore a while back (it is the type of place you can easily hear conversations while you're browsing) and a chap came in to the store and started blabbing away to the man at the till. He was going on about how he had cancer and how ill he's been, fair enough, but then it took a strange turn. He mentioned that he believed the doctors didn't have his interests at heart, how he felt 'Big Medicine' really just wanted his money and that the first thing doctors learnt was how to write a prescription. This annoyed me, and the chap at the till listened on and agreed half-heartedly, calling them all **** and some such. Anyway, the sick ol' fella goes on about how he was meant to go in for an operation but he's having second thoughts now because a few weeks back he met a man from Wexford who had similar feelings and in fact had an alternative cure - asparagus. The mysterious man from Wexford emailed a documentary that 'proved' that cancer treatment in hospitals is a sham and eating a diet heavy in asparagus has been 'proven' to cure cancer in patients. So the ol' fella finishes his tale by saying doctors aren't getting their hands on him and he's going to go on the asparagus diet instead, and he'll come back in a few weeks with a few copies of the documentary on DVD.

**** sake.

With cancer the evidence isn't as strongly in favour of professional doctors as it is with other illnesses, because we don't have a cure yet, and because current treatments don't work all the time. So I'm not sure I blame this guy for being skeptical of doctors (or "'Big Medicine" whatever), especially given that the cost of cancer treatment is exorbitant.

Anyway, this reminds me of my father. Now that we have cable TV at home, he watches the "History" Channel all the time. Absolutely gobbles up everything the "documentaries" throw at him, shit and all.

On a similar thought train, I'm "friends" with a guy I used to work with on Facebook.

He's a bit of an idiot.

The other day he posted this thing about Japanese water treatment. "Apparently", if you've got cancer (or any other assortment of diseases) then a glass of water every morning for up to 180 days will completely cure you.

Annoyed me. Needless to say he's now blocked.

Japanese water from around Fukushima probably would cure cancer

• Like 1

Great, right?

The system isn't called "Orbit", by any chance?

Don't think so, no.

I get emails sent to me from whoever runs the system that'll say something like '5% off at Asda! PLUS upto 10% Cashback!' and then you check it and the 5% off is actually you getting 5% off whatever amount you load onto a gift card. It's bizarrely annoying.

Ah, right.  Our company have just rolled out a very similar system, and it's bobbins.  We used to have Xexec (the one hogso mentioned) and that was much better, which should give you an idea of how truly awful our current one is.  Considering it's a fecking huge company with fingers in every pie going, you'd think they could get decent offers for staff.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â