Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People posting on facebook about how 2013 is gonna be like so totes uber crazy and positive and the best year ever and shit. No pointless waffling inane drivel from me about how its gonna be the canine's gonads. We still live in the uk, its still gonna rain, 80% of society will still be made up of gurning sun reading idiots, we will all continue to have no money and it will carry on being as routinely mundane as always. Its just another Tuesday folks.

Then to top it off I get called boring because I havent gone out despite having to get up at 05:30 as im in work for a thirteen hour shift tomorrow. **** off and take your fake positivity elsewhere you **** nause.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

People posting on facebook about how 2013 is gonna be like so totes uber crazy and positive and the best year ever and shit. No pointless waffling inane drivel from me about how its gonna be the canine's gonads. We still live in the uk, its still gonna rain, 80% of society will still be made up of gurning sun reading idiots, we will all continue to have no money and it will carry on being as routinely mundane as always. Its just another Tuesday folks.

Then to top it off I get called boring because I havent gone out despite having to get up at 05:30 as im in work for a thirteen hour shift tomorrow. **** off and take your fake positivity elsewhere you **** nause.

Most definitely this.

I've not gone out because I'm a grown up 29 year old man, I've had a tough Christmas and I just don't feel like wading my way through all the shit that floats to the surface at this time of year.

What am I missing exactly? One night out? Meh, I've had thousands of them and I'll have thousands more.

Happy New Year anyway.

Got home from work at 11:30 PM, and watched the festivities in Times Square on the television. Why would you want to be packed standing shoulder to shoulder in a group of thousands of strangers on a freezing night? I never understood the appeal.

In the bar business we call NYE "Amateur Night"...the best place to be, in my opinion, is in a warm home, away from all the drunken knuckleheads.

• Like 3

I watched the London countdown and fireworks on TV... and yes, impressive stuff. However, the people who had waited hours there were more interested in recording the fireworks on their phones (and no doubt uploading it to facebook later) rather than actually enjoying the spectacle!

• Like 1

I watched the London countdown and fireworks on TV... and yes, impressive stuff. However, the people who had waited hours there were more interested in recording the fireworks on their phones (and no doubt uploading it to facebook later) rather than actually enjoying the spectacle!

It must be weird seeing it from the other side, where performers used to see people staring back at them now all they see is a sea of lenses.

It's crazy how everyone seems to be so happy to watch something on a tiny screen rather than just enjoying it in the moment and taking it all in.

Yup, I don't get that at all. I understand taking a few pictures, particularly if they are personal (i.e. you or somebody with you is in them) but why go to an event and then record it, when there will be several very similar recordings on YouTube within a few hours, many of which will be of better quality?

I can't understand why anyone over the age of about 12 would be interested in gawping at fireworks nevermind recording it for posterity (unless you light them yourself with the added element of danger).

I think its so they can impress people on facebook and give their 'fb friends' the illusion that they are interesting people, leading an exciting life by going to these events etc.

I think that's supposed to isn't it?

Well, if my boss was away I probably wouldn't be too bothered.

I guess for me it's also the feeling of starting a new year, rather than being optimistic about the year ahead I just think "Ugh, here we go again, back to the start"

The fact I've put my name down for overtime tomorrow, 2pm - 10pm thinking... Jan 2nd, 8 hours where I can smoke a pipe, wear my slippers and coast through, then realising today that Liverpool are at home and Everton away in the evening... BOLLOCKS!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â