Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Cheers guys :thumb:

I'm on a temporary teaching contract so I think I'll look at it more seriously when that's nearer to expiring. I do have a degree, but it's in English Literature (yeah, I know!) so not all that relevant. I'll probably be in touch with more questions closer to the time if I do decide to look into it further, and the stuff above is much appreciated to give me food for thought in the meantime.

Anyway, back on topic: the fact that when my phone's running low on battery, it flashes and buzzes and vibrates and, if it's not in silent mode, makes lots of noise. It's only a crappy old phone but it's annoying when it's running out of power then uses the little that's left telling me so!

A lot of companies won't require a relevant degree.

Some will, and some will "prefer" it, but there will be plenty who just want "a degree"

I got beaten to a job at KPMG by a guy with a French Degree, for example (le word removed)

I have an auduble click in my neck. Have had it for 6 months now. I turn my head to the right - 2 clicks, to the left - 1 click. Doctors say if there's no pain, it's grand. It gets a lot worse when I'm tired and sometimes I can press the name of my neck and feel bubble of air that pop when I press on them. It's unpleasant and it seems like it's going to be forever more. I remember when it happened first. I turned my head to look at my computer and it clicked. I thought that didn't sound good. And it hasn't sounded good since. If my surroundings are very quiet, other people can hear it too. It makes them squirm. How can I expect to find a wife as a clicking mess?

Edited by yillan

my mate is making his début DJ'ing on a local radio station today

he rang me up to tell me not to send anything rude via the request button on the their web page

I can only assume he has mistaken me for someone else ......

Ps

Wonder if he will play my request for "friggin in the riggin"

Those thin card slip cases that some CDs have around the plastic jewel case, with the exact same artwork, text, etc. that's in on the jewel case liners.

Similar thing with many DVDs.

What is the point?

When skysportsnews say

"And now to cricket" or "and the latest on golf now"

I should send them a bill for batteries for having to change the channel. I have little intrest in how England are doing in day 48 of the 3rd test against a team from a country that uses donkeys as a form of transport. And golf isnt a sport.

• Like 1

When skysportsnews say

I should send them a bill for batteries for having to change the channel. I have little intrest in how England are doing in day 48 of the 3rd test against a team from a country with the population of coventry. And golf isnt a sport.

India has almost twice the population of Coventry .

When skysportsnews say

I should send them a bill for batteries for having to change the channel. I have little intrest in how England are doing in day 48 of the 3rd test against a team from a country that uses donkeys as a form of transport. And golf isnt a sport.

With how England have been performing recently, a decent sports news broadcast would be leading with the cricket. :D

Those thin card slip cases that some CDs have around the plastic jewel case, with the exact same artwork, text, etc. that's in on the jewel case liners.

What is the point?

There's a few bands (generally of the older variety) who have said that they like the card slip case because it evokes vinyl (as does the digipack, to a lesser extent). I suspect that's the reason.

What is the point?

They're supposed to give a more premium feel to the item and allow a bit more flexibility in the design. People collect slipcover blurays, actually, specifically going out of their way to buy slipcover editions.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â