Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Dob her in.

When your tutor says something like "Well done for doing the presentation on your own"

Say something like "Well I did all the prep on my own so it makes no difference"

But do it with a smile :)

[LeemondMode]

My absolute shit of a boss who has ordered upwards of a hundred or so christmas presents to be delivered to the orifice, but sits there bone idley every day as I go and sort out the delivery guy. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasnt for the shit eating grin she produces every time I present her with the packages. Such a lazy, lazy, awfull woman.

[/LemondMode]

And dob her in I did.

She asked me about the workload between us and I shredded her. I came across as all reluctant to tell her how little she'd done but I was beaming inside!

Presentation actually went really well. Chuffed.

...now to edit 5 minutes of radio by myself. Shit.

Things on Facebook that TELL me to like them.

"Like this if you're CIMA qualified"

No. **** you.

If it said "Like this or you'll no longer be CIMA qualified" THEN you'd like it. Oh yessirreebob :P

Driving in winter. In the brief few hours it is out, the sun is blasting you in the eyes with photons and shit , all pretty much at eye level too . If not , it's glaring off the road meaning I am squinting like an OAP at the opticians all bastard day .

Driving in winter. In the brief few hours it is out the sun is blasting you in the eyes with photons and shit , pretty much at eye level . If not it's glaring off the road meaning I am squinting like an OAP at the opticians all bastard day .

Polarised sun glasses ftw.

I like my sun glasses to not be divided in their opinions thank you very much . :P

The last thing I need is the optical equivalent of the relegation thread sat on my face all day .

Funny f*cker eh? :P Go buy some on eBay. They're; like; magic or something.

Day One of induction over and lordy lordy, I don't think I'll manage the week.

They had us running round head office at one point, on what amounted to a treasure hunt. Grown adults, in a busy work place.

4 more days of this. It was described as week off by my boss, I think I'd rather be sat at my desk.

Oh and another thing - being unable to alter an order from a website (before it's been processed and despatched, obviously). I'm in the process of building a new PC and have 4 more components on order from a retailer. 3 are in stock and ready to go, but 1 is on back order. It should have come back in stock on Saturday but now it's saying Thursday. Theres a virtually identical item, in stock, ready to go. But the only way I can change and swap the items so I can actually shift all these huge boxes sat around the house is cancelling the entire order, which I'm utterly convinced will cause problems with Quidco or other things being out of stock.

Things on Facebook that TELL me to like them.

"Like this if you're CIMA qualified"

No. **** you.

Agreed.

On a side note, Stevo, are you CIMA qualified? I'm currently working as a teacher after training last year, but for the whole time I've not been convinced it suits me. I've been looking at other career options and some kind of accountancy is one of them: the main problem is finding the time and money to do courses/training etc., and I have no prior experience. If you do have any advice though, I'd be glad to hear it (feel free to PM me or whatever) - going judging solely by your posts I'd say you have a similar kind of personality to me so it'd be interesting to get your views (note to BOF: I'm not trying to set anything up, honest).

'Next Working Day delivery'.

Friday...

I'm ordering on Monday. The next working day, if I'm being kind given that it's 6pm, is Wednesday. Not **** Friday. And nobody is going to be around to sign for it on Friday. FFS.

This is all because of my not wanting to wait till Thursday for something to come into stock, so I thought **** it and cancelled the order. Lo and behold, redo the order, next day delivery is **** Friday (how the **** does that work?!), or it's 17 **** pounds for Saturday delivery, or free if I leave it till Wednesday next **** week, in which case I may as well have not bothered with this whole palava in the first place.

What the ****.

Agreed.

On a side note, Stevo, are you CIMA qualified? I'm currently working as a teacher after training last year, but for the whole time I've not been convinced it suits me. I've been looking at other career options and some kind of accountancy is one of them: the main problem is finding the time and money to do courses/training etc., and I have no prior experience. If you do have any advice though, I'd be glad to hear it (feel free to PM me or whatever) - going judging solely by your posts I'd say you have a similar kind of personality to me so it'd be interesting to get your views (note to BOF: I'm not trying to set anything up, honest).

Plenty of firms will sponsor you for a Cima. You have to be able to convince them that you are committed enough to be worth the investment. It might be an idea to try the foundation level on your own (picking up the books second hand to keep the costs down) as it would look good to a potential employer and give you a taste of what to expect. I'd trawl the web for some cima/accountancy forums as there will be plenty of people who have been/are in a similar position to yourself who will offer plenty of advice.

Agreed.

I am indeed.

Or rather, I've done all the exams, haven't done my practical experience log yet, which I'll be doing over xmas. but yeah, I'm as good as qualified!

If you're looking at putting yourself through the training yourself, it'll be an expensive and time consuming ordeal. With no academic experience, you're looking at 3 years minimum studying, at a cost of well over 10 grand. I can't be sure of the costs as my company paid, but I'm fairly sure if you study at a college it'll cost you 10 grand at least.

It would be cheaper if you taught yourself, but it would also be much much harder.

Do you have a degree? If so, your best bet would be to apply for either a graduate finance scheme with a company, or get on a finance role with a company that you know will put you through your exams.

A lot of companies do this, but how generous they are depends. Mine are pretty generous and let you do the courses and exams in work time. Other companies will make you do it at weekends or evenings, which is probably a ballache at the time, but worth it.

MIne also tied me into a training contract so I have to stay with them a certain amount of time after I do the exams. So you'd want to check those terms out.

So yeah, it's a decent thing to do.

But I would make sure it's what you want to do. it's a long road, and expensive if you decided to quit halfway through. or if your company has tied you into a training contract, it's a long time to stay in a job that you find out you don't actually want.

As I said, your best bet is to search for a company that puts people through their exams. It will be a lot less hassle and a lot less expensive.

Drop me a PM if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â