Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who change your plans for you to suit their own needs.

Had a bunch of friends coming round for dinner later in the week. Thought it was all agreed and now I see one of them has decided we are all going to hers instead now. All because she doesn't want to go out in this sort of weather. I wouldn't mind so much but I can actually cook whereas all she will manage is a bunch of frozen pizzas :(

Maybe they just don't like your cooking? :blink:

Man, thought I'd take the night off work tonight and have an extra long weekend with my girlfriend. Drove back to Brum earlier and thought I'd tell one of the lads there, who's also my age so we pretty much spend most the working day together, that I won't be in tonight. I actually sent the text in a jokingly way. The reply? 'word removed'. Not sure why I got so bothered by it to be honest but it put me on a right downer at the time. I wouldn't say he meant it entirely but neither did he intend it as a joke. He obviously has nobody else to speak to, and on top of being a bit of a chav and absolutely hates being wrong, I thought I'd just settle with the 'no need' reply. I daren't say anything more or he might 'knock me out'.

EDIT: In before 'word removed'. VT FILTERR :blush:

My boss' way of getting you to do something is to ask whether you've done it, rather than asking you to do it in the first place. It's a good way of making you look like an as$hole everytime - her little way of getting 'one up on you'.

Incredibly annoying.

Wow, I'm glad I don't know a tosser like that, let alone it being my boss...

Luckily it's not my boss, he just sits near me.

And he's actually alright, he just has some very annoying traits.

a couple of things from today

keith lemon - seriously, why do people find him going "hey, id smash her back doors in" hilarious. absolute tosser.

people who dont use the self serve checkouts in supermarkets

people who call chocolate "candy"

I don't use the self serves!

everyone one of them is a job that tesco/asda have managed to do away with

**** 'em, they want my business, they can employ humans to take my money off me

don't use amazon or ebay either if its something I can go out and buy in a shop with some semblance of ease

I mean, I still buy cd's in a record shop, sometimes they take several days to turn up and they have to text me and I say chuck an extra 60p on the bill and post it to me, archaic, fun, fulfilling

I may be a luddite

It depends how much stuff you have, I just had a trolly full of shopping but had to wait for 4 people infront to buy 1 item each and then **** about with paying by card, the whole point of the self serve is for a handful of stuff. It's a petty argument, but collectively these 4 people have taken 10 minutes away from my life that i could have been doing something else. The bastards.

It depends how much stuff you have, I just had a trolly full of shopping but had to wait for 4 people infront to buy 1 item each and then **** about with paying by card, the whole point of the self serve is for a handful of stuff. It's a petty argument, but collectively these 4 people have taken 10 minutes away from my life that i could have been doing something else. The bastards.

It takes 10 minutes for Tesco to serve 4 people who are buying 1 item each!? :o

I'm not a fan of the self serve checkouts either. I have (and do) occassionally use them, but as often as not something goes wrong, and you need the attendant to come and sort it out. And as you say, self serve is not compatible with a 'big shop'

I use the self serves if I've got a ocuple of things.

But they need to lmit them to like 9 items.

I went to Sainsbury's for the firts time in a while last week, and there was a woman using the self serve with a trolley. She put it all through and just piled it onto the baggage bit, without putting it into bags.

Then she paid, but then had to spend ages bagging everything up because she had inexplicably failed to do it as she went along.

There is now way on Earth that was quicker than her using a normal checkout.

• Like 1

I hate those things. What I do love though is the places where you take a bag and a scanner with you in the store and "blip" your items as you pick them up and put them in the bag right away. Then when you get to the cashier you just dock the scanner and pay. Takes 30 seconds regardless of how much you've bought. Yes it can be abused but they randomly check you.

Shows how far ahead the east are in stuff like this.

A mate I lived with at uni spent a year in Japan as part of his course in 2005.

When he was there the phone he had (and he wouldn't be the type of guy to have a fancy top of the range phone, it would have been relatively normal, especially as he wa sonly over there for a year so wouldn't have got a contract mobile or anything) scanned the items he bought as he went round the shop and then automatically paid for it using his card details.

I don't think there was even any need to go to a checkout.

And that was 7 years ago.

Shows how far ahead the east are in stuff like this.

A mate I lived with at uni spent a year in Japan as part of his course in 2005.

When he was there the phone he had (and he wouldn't be the type of guy to have a fancy top of the range phone, it would have been relatively normal, especially as he wa sonly over there for a year so wouldn't have got a contract mobile or anything) scanned the items he bought as he went round the shop and then automatically paid for it using his card details.

I don't think there was even any need to go to a checkout.

And that was 7 years ago.

Japan has always been at the forefront of technological innovation. The rest of Asia, er I'm not so sure.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â