Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I quite like Victoria Wood.

In fact I probably like more women comedians than men.

Get out

Seconded, get out and stay out! Victoria Wood has stolen a living. Possibly the least funny so called comedian ever.

Actually I don't mind Victoria Wood (but wouldn't go out of my way to watch anything of hers).

I was referring to the "like more women comedians than men" comment.

I don't know if this counts as sexist, i hope not, but female comedians are, on the whole, really shit.

Jo Brand is tolerable, although I prefer her on panel shows more than her actual standup.

As for that iranian woman, if you said to her "Do a set without mentioning the fact you are Iranian/have dark skin" and she would stand there saying absolutely nothing. She has no other material, you can guess her punchlines because the vast majority of the time it's "because I'm Iranian" or some derivative of that.

• Like 1

Cheryl Cole?

+1

Also, has anyone actually listened to the lyrics of 'do they know its xmas' by band aid? On the continent of Africa:

And it's a world of dreaded fear

Where the only water flowing is a bitter sting of tears

And the christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom

Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

And there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time

The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

Where nothing ever grows

No rain or rivers flow

Do they know it's christmas time at all?

What a load of patronising shite! This song is a disgrace, and my anger is intensified when you get all these sanctamonius c*nts singing along as if they are somehow being good, generous, empathic people. **** OFF.

Sarah Millican is the north easterner, although her accent is a smoggie accent, rather than a Geordie one.

And re: the band Aid lyrics, its more to do with guilt-tripping people.

Cheryl Cole?

+1

Also, has anyone actually listened to the lyrics of 'do they know its xmas' by band aid? On the continent of Africa:

And it's a world of dreaded fear

Where the only water flowing is a bitter sting of tears

And the christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom

Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

And there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time

The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

Where nothing ever grows

No rain or rivers flow

Do they know it's christmas time at all?

What a load of patronising shite! This song is a disgrace, and my anger is intensified when you get all these sanctamonius c*nts singing along as if they are somehow being good, generous, empathic people. **** OFF.

100% Fact there.

There are exceptionally few female comedians that are funny. I don't mind Victoria Wood, Jo Brand can be OK, but after that its dire. Millican is just an archetypal female comedian - basis of her comedy, like all female comedians, is relationships. Male comedians tend to have far larger repertoires of topics and so on in my experience.

Worst female comedian, by far, is this hateful bint

jenny_eclair_lead_203x152.jpg

Shes as funny as being told your dog is dead. And tries to stand out from the crowd by just being vile.

I find Shappi Khorsandi about as funny as Iran, funnily enough, but I would until it dropped off.

Also, has anyone actually listened to the lyrics of 'do they know its xmas' by band aid?

Many millions of people, I'd suggest. How many copies has it sold in the last 26 years?

What a load of patronising shite! This song is a disgrace...

It's a charity song, what exactly did you expect, the poetry of Yeats set to a tune?

It could be worse, it could be We are the World.

A Spurs fan with a sense of humour (yes they do exist) last year did a rather amusing parody of that song in support of Portsmouth. Go on YouTube and type in "tehtrunk" and "don't beat Portsmouth". I found it quite funny.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â