Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm typing a report up for a EL5621 Electric actuator returned by Belgium right now :)

Multi-tasking ftw. Can anyone else type on two things at the same time?

My screen washers have packed up completely. I think the pump motor is ****.

More likely to be the fuse than the pump itself, check that first.

Got the same thing, think it's actually one of the valves. Can hear the motor going so not that anyway.

Got the same thing, think it's actually one of the valves. Can hear the motor going so not that anyway.

Are you sure you have water in the bottle?If its not frozen and you have fluid plus a pump noise then it'll be pi$$ing out of somewhere!

^^Or it could be like my journey last night. Had to stop at every service station on the M4 (actually, I missed Chievely - it's a dump anyway!) just to lay hands (in a non-spiritual way) on the squirty bits to defrost them. Mostly lasted about 6 minutes before they were frozen again and I had to resist the temptation to try them in case I smeared the windscreen in salt. Most entertaining.

Ha! I'm a complete car ignoramus, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Incidentally, the fluid is NOT frozen, the jets are NOT blocked, and there is no sound whatsoever when I press the button.

Incidentally, the fluid is NOT frozen, the jets are NOT blocked, and there is no sound whatsoever when I press the button.

Check the fuse first. Fuses will be in one of the footwells, and there will be others under the bonnet

I have a pretty strong screenwash solution but it still froze in the pipes Sunday night

Check the fuse first. Fuses will be in one of the footwells, and there will be others under the bonnet

I have a pretty strong screenwash solution but it still froze in the pipes Sunday night

I should get a whirring noise from the pump (even if the fluid is frozen) though?

You should mike.

It'll probably be the fuse though, as other have said. Changing them is dead easy usually as well, as most cars' fuseboxes will have a couple of spare for each type. If you've got your car's handbook in the glovebox, it should have a schematic diagram of which fuse controls which bit.

You should mike.

It'll probably be the fuse though, as other have said. Changing them is dead easy usually as well, as most cars' fuseboxes will have a couple of spare for each type. If you've got your car's handbook in the glovebox, it should have a schematic diagram of which fuse controls which bit.

Cheers, I'll check that out before I call in the garage.

Mike, if you tell me your make/model I'll tellyou where and which fuse to check...
Citroen C3 1.4.
Then I'm almost certain its the fuse, notorious for blowing because once you press the button it does a cycle something like 2 seconds regadless of how long pressed it. When the bottle is frozen this 2 second voltage spike is enough to pop the fuse. Back in a sec...

Mike, if you tell me your make/model I'll tellyou where and which fuse to check...
Citroen C3 1.4.
Then I'm almost certain its the fuse, notorious for blowing because once you press the button it does a cycle something like 2 seconds regadless of how long pressed it. When the bottle is frozen this 2 second voltage spike is enough to pop the fuse. Back in a sec...

details of fuse and location here

There is a 10amp (red) fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet beside the battery.

The fuse is located in the number 14 slot of the fuse box.

Citroen C3 1.4.

details of fuse and location here

There is a 10amp (red) fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet beside the battery.

The fuse is located in the number 14 slot of the fuse box.

Good man, Tamuff. I owe you a beer. :thumb:

Will report back.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â