Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Recently bought a breadmaker so thought I'd ask other Amazon users (what I thought was) a clear question. The two replies so far haven't been all that helpful....I mean, do these f-wits actually realise their answers are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike ? 😠

Screenshot_20240531_151812_Amazon Shopping.jpg

always ask the VT hive mind first.

what I tend to do, is on a Thursday when the Mrs goes to the supermarket, I’ll add fruit loaf to the list.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is almost as annoying as when people write a review but start it with “haven’t had it long enough to form an opinion” 

….well. Don’t write a review then! You can wait! Idiot! 

Or arrived smashed up with packaging torn open, so returned it as it was rubbish. 

Being English on holiday...

Gonna drink 10 pints over an 8 hour period, won't get drunk but it's good enough to make you feel like absolute shit and give you gut rot

Gonna stand out in the mid day sun and get especially sun burned 

It's just something wrong in my genes, my god given right to do it completely wrong 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2024 at 14:46, Xela said:

The weapons grade meat whistle on the M6 this afternoon, driving 48 mph in the middle lane. 

I overtook some fogies the other day on a A road out of Gloucester. Followed them for about 5 mile at 35- 40 in a 50. Finally saw a bit of long straight road, did it all nicely, indicator etc to overtake, then noticed a speed van on the left handside. my EV car accelerates like a mother*****, so thought straight away, he's got me. Letter already recieved, 56mph  in a 50 fuming I was 🤬

Hopefully get one of those courses, although already done 2 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I overtook some fogies the other day on a A road out of Gloucester. Followed them for about 5 mile at 35- 40 in a 50. Finally saw a bit of long straight road, did it all nicely, indicator etc to overtake, then noticed a speed van on the left handside. my EV car accelerates like a mother*****, so thought straight away, he's got me. Letter already recieved, 56mph  in a 50 fuming I was 🤬

Was your last one in the last years? If so, no course for you.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've had 2 in 1 year before. Fingers crossed.

Sorry about my typo, it was meant to say three years. You only get one offer of a course every three years, so if your last one was under three years ago, you won’t be offered one.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Serves you right for driving an EV ;) 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

@bicksterwould I be right in saying you can do a motorway one and a non motorway one. I may be wrong on this. 

Because there’s a variety of courses now, I think it’s one of each course per three years

Posted (edited)

When you're out drinking with a group. There's always one **** dick head who decides everyone's going to drink shots. 

**** off mate.

You usually know who it's going to be. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When you're out drinking with a group. There's always one **** dick head who decides everyone's going to drink shots. 

**** off mate.

You don't have to drink them. Just say no.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You don't have to drink them. Just say no.

I do! Always. 

Obviously peer pressure comes in and you have to put up with being called lightweight/killljoy etc which I can happily do without. 

But it generally ruins the night. Everyone is nicely drunk and having fun. 

Half an hour later Dave is trying to fight the bouncer. Terry is chucking up all over the floor. Mike and Tina are shouting at each other and everyone wants to go home because the room is spinning. 

It's just a purile childish thing that I grew out of when I was 21 but some people still think it's a **** amazing fun thing to do. 

Also see spiking drinks on a stag doo.  Yey, let's ruin the night. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I do! Always. 

Obviously peer pressure comes in and you have to put up with being called lightweight/killljoy etc which I can happily do without. 

But it generally ruins the night. Everyone is nicely drunk and having fun. 

Half an hour later Dave is trying to fight the bouncer. Terry is chucking up all over the floor. Mike and Tina are shouting at each other and everyone wants to go home because the room is spinning. 

It's just a purile childish thing that I grew out of when I was 21 but some people still think it's a **** amazing fun thing to do. 

Also see spiking drinks on a stag doo.  Yey, let's ruin the night. 

sounds like you need new mates!

seriously though i think generally as we've gotten older it's become more acceptable for someone to say no to drinks and not get the piss taken out of them

with regards to stag do's, that's another thing i can say has gotten so much better as we've gotten older. went to hamburg once, footy was on in an irish bar (standard), there were 2 stag groups in there, us and one other. we were getting nicely drunk throughout the afternoon with our stag having no more than the rest of us and just generally keeping it reasonably sensible knowing that we had an evening out ahead of us.

the other group seemed to be on a mission to get their stag absolutely battered. shot after shot after shot to the point that he couldn't stand when we left the place at around 5pm. i remember thinking what absolute pricks those lads were. it was (hopefully) the only stag this guy's ever going to have and he's going to be passed out in his hotel room whilst the rest enjoy a night out without him because there was no way he was going to be in any condition to do anything else that night.

and whilst we're on "things that piss us off" you always get the inane 'bet you're fun at parties' comment on social media whenever you say anything like i've just said above. i am fun at parties, because i don't drink to the point of unconciousness. you actually need to be awake and semi-coherant to be fun.

• Like 2

On 31/05/2024 at 15:20, mottaloo said:

Recently bought a breadmaker so thought I'd ask other Amazon users (what I thought was) a clear question. The two replies so far haven't been all that helpful....I mean, do these f-wits actually realise their answers are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike ? 😠

Screenshot_20240531_151812_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The amount of times you see these kind of answers drives me mad. 

“No idea, returned mine”

Great, thanks. Why the **** did you answer?

I assume these empty heads get notifications that someone has asked a question about a product they bought and think that you are specifically asking them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

**** off mate.

For about the last 2 years I’ve refused to do shots. Told my mates I’m not doing them and if they buy me one it’s a waste. 

It’s been a revelation. Shots always ruin the night for me. It’s always the point where I go from tipsy to absolutely completely **** and end up not remembering the night. Which I used to hate. 

I break it for special occasions but I’ve done it so often now my friends just know not to buy me them

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 17:04, Genie said:

Go on a British holiday during the May school holidays they said. It’ll be fun they said.

It’s pissing down. The food and drink are simultaneously shite and overpriced. 

The beagle is having a great time though.

Just got back, weather has been absolutely glorious for the couple of hours before we left to come home 😐

We reckon for the Thursday to Sunday caravan break we’ve spent nearly a grand all in. Absolutely crazy amount of money for what we got. 

3/10 WNB again.

(as a family we have had a nice time, some good family memories. I just get frustrated at what we always see on UK breaks which is the battle between what’s the most they can charge for everything and the least they can get away with supplying).

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just got back, weather has been absolutely glorious for the couple of hours before we left to come home 😐

We reckon for the Thursday to Sunday caravan break we’ve spent nearly a grand all in. Absolutely crazy amount of money for what we got. 

3/10 WNB again.

(as a family we have had a nice time, some good family memories. I just get frustrated at what we always see on UK breaks which is the battle between what’s the most they can charge for everything and the least they can get away with supplying).

It’s half term pricing and luck with the weather, but does actually need decent weather if you’ve got kids.

We went to Cornwall 2 weeks ago, paid less than £300 for a place with 3 bedrooms, and decks that faced sunrise and sunset and had a swish modern kitchen. 10 minutes outside Padstow. The morning it rained, we sat around drinking coffee and reading for a couple of hours.

No way could we afford this week’s price for the same place, and in July the price will have a 1 in front of it.

Not being stuck with summer term times for holidays is glorious. Not needing to entertain kids is glorious.

In other news, we’ve just bought a white rug. White! I never dreamt we would get to the point we could have a white rug. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â