Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I should know better than to watch The One Show.

Two (presumably famous) youngish women, stars of Dune 2, talking about how one of the voices had been done by 'Margaret Faithful'. 

Who? 

A quick Google revealed it was indeed Marianne Faithfull. Four people in the conversation, and nobody picked up on it. Tsk. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 12/02/2024 at 16:15, tonyh29 said:

that's been a thing waaaay before Covid , there is a universe out there and for far too many people it revolves around them 

busy door into a building  , no problem I'll stop in the middle of it and check my phone or have a conversation with someone 

no car park space at the local convenience shop  , not a problem I'll just  create my own one by parking across this driveway  so I don't have to walk more than 80 feet , after all I'll only be a few minutes how dare you be so inconsiderate and want to leave your house 

How to listen to my favourite music on holiday , no problem I'll just take this portable music player with large speakers and blast it out so that everyone on the beach has to listen to my shit bland generic choice in music 

Work out in the gym , done my first set  now let me just sit on this machine and spend 10 mins on Instagram , before i do my second set of reps and then you can get on this machine that I'm hording  

busy train , not for me with me  , I managed to find  4 seats for me and my bags 

too many people are self absorbed assholes , they either literally don't seem to see what it is they are doing .. or they do know exactly what they are doing and are just words removed 

I had an idea once for an Instagram account called “don’t stand there”

It would just be pictures taken by me of exactly the people you’re describing standing in stupid places without a care in the world other than for themselves. 

It was about the time google glass came out because I remember thinking how much easier that would make things. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had an idea once for an Instagram account called “don’t stand there”

It would just be pictures taken by me of exactly the people you’re describing standing in stupid places without a care in the world other than for themselves. 

It was about the time google glass came out because I remember thinking how much easier that would make things. 

Yeah I thought about similar with dontbeadick.com and uploading images of encounters , I’d probably have run out of internet in a few weeks 

• Like 2

On 13/02/2024 at 21:17, sidcow said:

Never torn my ACL and ever broken a bone 🤞

Me neither. Quite how I've managed the latter I do not know.

• Like 1

As far as I know, I've only ever broken each arm once and both before the age of 13

But if a doctor told me I'd broken bones in either of my ankles at some point, I wouldn't question it given the state of them and how easily they occasionally give way

Just to join in with the 3 villa boys, I snapped my ACL 18 months ago.  Also tore my meniscus and slight knee fracture at the same time. 

Sadly not being a professional footballer or in my 20s or 30s they deemed that an operation to fix my ACL (which basically involves creating a new ACL from tissue elsewhere on the body) was not necessary and could make matters worse.  The ACL is basically a kind of rubber band inside the knee joint, so once it's snapped, it's gone.

So I just had to do loads of rehab to strengthen all the muscles in and around the knee and leg. I can still do most things but high impact sports are a no-no. But I'm 50 now so that isn't really something I'd be doing anyway.

• Sad 1

I broke my wrist whilst playing in goal.

The opposing team didn’t take well to my rolling around theatrics and gave me a kicking for wasting time.

Missed half a year of school PE, on the first week I turned up able to do PE, someone set fire to the gym and sports wing. No PE for an entire school year.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

I fell down some steps at high school and properly broke my arm, “banana arm” is what was the term for it. Had to have an operation to have it straightened 😕 

Me too, well no operation or bananas but my left arm broke after falling down steps at junior school, that was my first, the second was my right arm and that was a space hopper related incident that was all the fault of It's a Knockout, I knew Stuart Hall was a wrong 'un from that moment, bastard encouraging us to play stupid unsupervised obstacle races in our gardens

• Haha 1

Just saw that not only do you get ads with Amazon prime now, but they've also ditched Dolby Vision and Atmos from the tier as well.  Unless you wanna pay the extra 2.99 a month your stuck with 5.1 at best by the looks of it.

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just saw that not only do you get ads with Amazon prime now, but they've also ditched Dolby Vision and Atmos from the tier as well.  Unless you wanna pay the extra 2.99 a month your stuck with 5.1 at best by the looks of it.

Time to sail the high seas my lad. Yarr. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Time to sail the high seas my lad. Yarr. 

Indeed.  Now TV did the same thing years ago where if you didn't buy their booster pass you get standard definition and stereo sound.  Just pisses me off that everything that can be charged for will be.  If the family didn't use Prime for delivery it would be gone.

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Indeed.  Now TV did the same thing years ago where if you didn't buy their booster pass you get standard definition and stereo sound.  Just pisses me off that everything that can be charged for will be.  If the family didn't use Prime for delivery it would be gone.

I have prime for delivery only, and its shared between 3 households.

The TV service can get in the bin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I have prime for delivery only, and its shared between 3 households.

The TV service can get in the bin.

Similar, we buy Amazon Prime mainly for the shopping side. The other thing is the music (free / inclusive tier).

I very rarely watch things on Prime Video as I have other options for that. 

21 hours ago, Genie said:

I fell down some steps at high school and properly broke my arm, “banana arm” is what was the term for it. Had to have an operation to have it straightened 😕 

Bloody EU broken arm straightening machine. Thankfully they after Brexit they don't bother any more. In fact, you won't even get in a hospital for a mere broken bone.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jon said:

Just to join in with the 3 villa boys, I snapped my ACL 18 months ago.  Also tore my meniscus and slight knee fracture at the same time. 

Sadly not being a professional footballer or in my 20s or 30s they deemed that an operation to fix my ACL (which basically involves creating a new ACL from tissue elsewhere on the body) was not necessary and could make matters worse.  The ACL is basically a kind of rubber band inside the knee joint, so once it's snapped, it's gone.

So I just had to do loads of rehab to strengthen all the muscles in and around the knee and leg. I can still do most things but high impact sports are a no-no. But I'm 50 now so that isn't really something I'd be doing anyway.

ouch ,

was talking to someone yesterday about Ming's and how he's come back looking as fit and lean as ever , guess that's what you get when you are a professional athlete and can spend your rehab inside Bodymoor with gadgets and professionals looking after you  ..I spent my 2 years in knee rehab drowning my sorrows in Toblerone and peanut M&M's  , i don't recommend that route  :) 

speedy recovery 

• Like 1

Broke my leg in 3 places because I was having a piggy back on my brother and I shouted "YEE HAW!" and pulled back on his neck to impress a girl, he landed on me and i broke it in 3 places, two fibia, one tibia or vice versa. I was 7.

Broke a rib fighting with my brother over the last piece of my birthday carrot cake.  I was 24, he was 30.  He won.. 

Snapped my ACL when flying a stunt kite in some shit Northern Welsh town near a Haven or pontins or summat.  My feet were buried in sand and one of the two kite cables snappe and it twisted my knee.  I tried to play football on it 2 hours later - LOL bad mistake.

I tore my hamstring jumping for a volley at 7 a side, no-one near me and my hamstring rolled up my leg into my arse and I had to drive to the hospital.  Every time I had to change gear, it was agony.

Twisted my testicle when getting out of the car when I was 10, that was pretty nasty.

Few stitches here and there falling when skating on quads 8-12.

All pretty standard.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Broke a rib

Ah that reminds me, broke a few ribs the very last time I played football. I would have been around 45, if you can imagine the most ungraceful central defender of the kick them first and take the ball later variety with all the grace of a baby elephant on ice scoring a perfectly timed flying volley that went in off the underside of the bar... yep that was me, my landing on astroturf, however, f***ing hurt, hurt so much I never played a second of football ever again.

... and to be fair, I went out right at the top of my game, I was never going to be capable of repeating that goal :D 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ouch ,

was talking to someone yesterday about Ming's and how he's come back looking as fit and lean as ever , guess that's what you get when you are a professional athlete and can spend your rehab inside Bodymoor with gadgets and professionals looking after you  ..I spent my 2 years in knee rehab drowning my sorrows in Toblerone and peanut M&M's  , i don't recommend that route  :) 

speedy recovery 

XzK2Pl.gif

Anyone in the no broken bones club should be in the Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverbrokeabone/

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â