Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

This trend for garlic bread being garlic butter on pizza base. 

Pizza base is the shittest type of bread anyway. Why the hell would you like that slavered in garlic? 

Even MORE annoying is they've also started using it for Bruschetta recently. I absolutely love Bruschetta and that totally ruins it. 

Pizza base should be used for Pizza and nothing else.  

Garlic bread?!

peter-kay-turn.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Water biscuits.

Dog shit.

Get rid of 'em

No. Very underrated, the water biscuit. It's all about the brittleness, they are the diametric opposite of Cornish wafers (although I like those, too). 

Oatcakes, on the other hand can get in the proverbial sea. 

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do this with everything. We’re having a party for my son as he’s 2 on Saturday. We started the shopping list about 2 hours ago. It was fine at first. 

Now we’re down to deciding which brand of orange juice to have and my constant answers of “it really doesn’t **** matter” are wearing thin. I stopped caring about an hour ago

Yep, been there.

you start with your own ideas, and finish with “it’s up to you” 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do this with everything. We’re having a party for my son as he’s 2 on Saturday. We started the shopping list about 2 hours ago. It was fine at first. 

Now we’re down to deciding which brand of orange juice to have and my constant answers of “it really doesn’t **** matter” are wearing thin. I stopped caring about an hour ago

The man from del monte...he say choose me.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The most entertaining is Sunny Delight mixed with Red Bull.

Send those kids home smiling!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My mom's complete inability to communicate effectively via text message/whatsapp

She's looking after my lad today. Originally we said 9:30 but our plans have changed so I text her saying basically no rush but if you can take him any earlier it would be great. 

"Let me know when you're up and about and ok to take him and I'll bring him round"

Her reply at 7:30 was "ok"

I've just messaged saying "I guess I'll bring him at 9:30 then like originally planned?"

And she's said "I was ready at 7:30, I've been waiting for you"

SAY THAT THEN! You just said ok. As in "Ok I'll let you know"

You wouldn't do that in a normal conversation. Just say ok and assume you've been understood :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My mom's complete inability to communicate effectively via text message/whatsapp

She's looking after my lad today. Originally we said 9:30 but our plans have changed so I text her saying basically no rush but if you can take him any earlier it would be great. 

"Let me know when you're up and about and ok to take him and I'll bring him round"

I've just messaged saying "I guess I'll bring him at 9:30 then like originally planned?"

You wouldn't do that in a normal conversation. Just say ok and assume you've been understood :D 

You know that thing that you're sending those messages on has this revolutionary feature that lets you speak to someone in real time and actually hold one of those old fashioned conversations where you can usually get everything sorted out in seconds

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

You know that thing that you're sending those messages on has this revolutionary feature that lets you speak to someone in real time and actually hold one of those old fashioned conversations where you can usually get everything sorted out in seconds

<shudder> 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

See my post a few days ago, women are wired differently. They often say things that make complete sense to them but not anybody else, then you’re the one in the wrong for not reading their mind.

If you missed it, I shouted to my daughter “do you want some dinner?”

Wife shouts back “I’ve already done it”

I go back to working.

30 minutes later the wife then gets arsey with me for not doing my daughter the dinner.

When she said “I’ve already done it” what she meant was “I’ve made her dinner already and it’s in the fridge, it just needs bringing up”.

My fault of course.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

The thing that would ring until she picked it up even though it was 5:30 in the morning therefore waking her at an ungodly hour for no reason?

Im familiar with it

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The thing that would ring until she picked it up even though it was 5:30 in the morning therefore waking her at an ungodly hour for no reason?

Im familiar with it

But she answered the text in her sleep :D 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Have to say my first thought would be to reply "OK what?" 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Actual exchange with my daughter (I'm in green): 

Screenshot_2023-12-29-10-38-04-56_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

My brother in laws father has just died (fairly suddenly) 

His new wife, second family is suffering from dementia. 

I knew his dad played the benefits system. Despite running a very successful business and having a ton of cash (he took all his new extended family away on "posh" holidays annually) he lived in a council house, had a top of the range car on Motability, claimed every type of benefit.  I've no idea how he hid all his money.  I know the extended family were all desperate to locate a known "safe" he owned and when they found it conspired to not tell my brother in law about it.  One got guilty and told him. 

Anyway with his wife being totally out of it despite not being blood relative my brother in law is now trying to sort out the finances which has a knock on effect to all his new family members who were sponging off him quite a bit, he's uncovered all sorts of regular large cash donations to various of them, paying for mobile phone contracts etc.

Anyway when talking about this my brother in law was telling many stories about this family, all on various benefits, every one of them suffering from "bad backs" despite showing zero outward signs of having any mobility issues. 

His one step sister has told him to be very careful when talking to the council as she's in a council home and he must use her old name as she's obviously not declared she's now married, I assume would lose her qualification or something. 

I know it will raise some hackles on here but it really does seem there are a lot of people like this in this country who just play the system for all it's worth. 

I don't want to come across as some Tory Gammon but I'm really struggling to get any kind of help for my parents who have paid taxes and never claimed any kind of benefits till in poor health in their 80s.  It just pisses me off to hear about people who seem to spend their lives trying to play the system for all it's worth when you know there are some genuinely needing people out there who can't seem to get anything. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bickster said:

But she answered the text in her sleep :D 

She answered the text 2 hours later at 7:30 when she woke up. Which was the whole idea

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Have to say my first thought would be to reply "OK what?" 

If someone replies to “let me know when you’re up and about” with ok then I assume they mean “ok I’ll let you know when I’m up and about”

Not “ok I’m up and about now so bring him round”

• Like 1

You want stupid things people do with text messages and that's writing down a shopping list on paper, taking a photo of the list and sending that as a  picture message

and thats without the added stupidity of the list having items like... tomatoes. (just tomatoes, not a hint of size, amount or what they are for)

Yep thats the missus, no concept of me having to read her hand writing, shit spelling and vague amounts off a text photo whilst walking round a supermarket.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â