Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

People commenting on the Toby Carvery adverts on Facebook. Usually with appalling grammar.

"Went to our local toby carvery today the food is so lovely their it was delicious"

Get in the **** bin.

Why Toby Carvery specifically? Is this a new Internet craze I'm not aware of? 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

😵 Mike used an Americanis😵

Surely you meant “completely” Sir?

I should really have spelled it "toadly" to get the full valley girl effect. 

Actually, the word I've always been guilty of overusing is "absolutely". 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Convenience isn't the same thing as laziness

I reckon it pretty much is, in the regard it's being spoken out.

People who order 100 things from "the internet" to then return 99 of them are doing so because they are lazy and that is convenient.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

People who order 100 things from "the internet" to then return 99 of them are doing so because they are lazy and that is convenient.

I find returning internet purchases is quite inconvenient. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I find returning internet purchases is quite inconvenient. 

Compared to going to actual shops to find the right <thing>?  People do it in the tens of goods at a time, as well.  It's a nonsense to be honest :D 

It's a very common moan, but **** GP receptionists. If there's ever been one that isn't a word removed, I've never met them. Took my daughter in to book an appointment this morning, and she laughed and said "well I might be able to get her in for mid January".

Reminded her of the target of same day appointments for under 5s and a spot magically appeared for this morning. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Compared to going to actual shops to find the right <thing>?  People do it in the tens of goods at a time, as well.  It's a nonsense to be honest :D 

Well, tbh, I normally know what the right thing is before I buy it.

Maybe it's more of a women's thing, buying clothes, etc.? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, tbh, I normally know what the right thing is before I buy it.

Maybe it's more of a women's thing, buying clothes, etc.? 

I am now of an age where M&S clothing is perfectly acceptable.

If I need a pair of dark blue chino’s for work, a polo shirt, and a plain jumper, this is what I do:

I go to M&S, I look at the various styles, I check what they have, I can feel the material and visually check for defects. hold up the item claiming to be size L (tee shirts) or size XL (condoms) and make sure they will fit based on me having an adult sized brain. I buy what I need. The process takes something like 10 minutes.

There appear to be two alternatives to my method:

Alt 1, order a few pairs of chino’s a couple of polos and a jumper, when they arrive send some of it back by visiting the Post Office or a petrol station for 10 minutes.

Alt 2, wander around the shop with my wife holding various items up against me to see if they fit and my wife deciding what I wear.

Alternative 1 appears to be the majority of younger people who do this for the convenience of minimising meeting humans they don’t already know.

Alternative 2 appears to be the majority of blokes I observe in M&S, doing the zombie shuffle from rack to rack, being fitted for clothes having substituted their mum for their wife.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I am now of an age where M&S clothing is perfectly acceptable.

If I need a pair of dark blue chino’s for work, a polo shirt, and a plain jumper, this is what I do:

I go to M&S, I look at the various styles, I check what they have, I can feel the material and visually check for defects. hold up the item claiming to be size L (tee shirts) or size XL (condoms) and make sure they will fit based on me having an adult sized brain. I buy what I need. The process takes something like 10 minutes.

There appear to be two alternatives to my method:

Alt 1, order a few pairs of chino’s a couple of polos and a jumper, when they arrive send some of it back by visiting the Post Office or a petrol station for 10 minutes.

Alt 2, wander around the shop with my wife holding various items up against me to see if they fit and my wife deciding what I wear.

Alternative 1 appears to be the majority of younger people who do this for the convenience of minimising meeting humans they don’t already know.

Alternative 2 appears to be the majority of blokes I observe in M&S, doing the zombie shuffle from rack to rack, being fitted for clothes having substituted their mum for their wife.

I use your method, once a year (or less, if possible). If I happen to be in a department store with the missus, she sometimes attempts Alt 2, but gets short shrift from me. 

High Street stores simply cannot match the range and value you can get online with regards to clothing. 

The main drawback being you can't try it on first/ view it IRL.  But I've done very few returns recently.  The size and fit are generally pretty consistent.

I do pretty much all online clothes shopping online for the above reason.  I can't find anything close to what I'd want in a store anywhere near me  

On 07/12/2023 at 09:43, Stevo985 said:

I think bad cola is really noticeable. It tastes horrible.

CocaCola and Pepsi are largely similar imo. but the full fat version taste almost too sweet these days. I don't know if that's because people have got used to diet/zero versions

My dad is adamant that you can't tell the difference between Pepsi, Coke and cheap brands, he says they're all the same with a different label.

• Haha 3

I guess locality and convenience of the shops is a big thing.

I have to drive past an M&S on my commute, it’s open 7:00am til 10:00pm.

It couldn’t be more convenient / lazy and the nice thing is, on the way through to the polo shirts you get to see if any of the take away curries have been yellow stickered.

Another thing I like about it / dislike about much other clothing… no logo. I’m sat opposite a guy at the moment, he doesn’t appear to have an item of clothing or footwear that doesn’t have adverts on it. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's a very common moan, but **** GP receptionists. If there's ever been one that isn't a word removed, I've never met them. Took my daughter in to book an appointment this morning, and she laughed and said "well I might be able to get her in for mid January".

Reminded her of the target of same day appointments for under 5s and a spot magically appeared for this morning. :rolleyes:

They are a unique breed, I don’t know where they graduate from but they are always complete bitches who revel in the power of being able to ruin peoples day / lives.

My old next door neighbour was great, really friendly, even after we moved she would greet us like old friends. Recently I have my own seat at the GPs and am in there a lot, she now works as a the receptionist and she not only blanks me, but treats me like shit. The only change is her new job.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's easier just being ill and putting up with the inconvenience of death

I know there's protocols and decorum when it comes to things like missing persons searches, but it comes to something when the news is reporting, on the status of a missing person, that a body of the same sex has been found in a river a short distance from the place the person was last seen, where they found their belongings, where the police are sure they entered the water because their coat was in the water, and when the place happens to be a leafy suburb in well to do England, not a war ravaged battlefield.

The dance is a bit silly. They'd be better saying nothing until the family has been informed and the body identified.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

think we've sorta done this before , and its possibly because I live in a  small village , but ours are fantastic  .. I use the NHS app to book appointments at our surgery , but quite often if you have an appointment for say Friday , reception will ring and say there is a spare slot for Tuesday if you want it .. drop off a prescription and they will ring you when its ready to pick up , they don't even role their eyes at me when I turn up for an appointment for 08:30 at 08:29 and 56 seconds  ( but you can feel the daggers from the old people that got there 50 minutes before  their  09:00 appointment time and then you go in before them :) ) 

Oh, and the rotund woman with jumbo bingo wings who was driving the white Kia Sportage up my arse earlier (kw). 

I hope you choke on your pigs in blankets at Xmas. I'm glad my sharp braking made you jump and nearly headbutt the windscreen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â