Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But surely it's not that hard to workout why people might like to brighten up their miserable lives for a few hours by wearing funny/bright/charming jumpers for one day a year?

So you're basically comparing Christmas jumpers to the spice drug?  I agree.

• Haha 2

I am wearing Christmas socks, except they are by Oddsocks and therefore don't match, as I am **** zany, and by zany, I mean they were a gift. I do have a Christmas jumper, but its understated, white reindeer on light grey so I think its more of a winter jumper.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

So what about Xmas socks. What's the VT opinion on them? Why don't they have their own day?

You'll be pleased to know that one of my daughters bought me Beatles socks for Christmas last year. 

They were too small, so the wife wears them. 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What exactly is fun about wearing a stupid jumper?  I like fun, that isn't fun, especially when the Christmas Jumper Nazi's are on your case.  What it is is false, forced fun.

they are the same types who go to a music festival and wear a bucket hat and think they are  the wackiest person on the planet for 3 days before going back to being Barry from accounts 

and the good news is ... its  only a few weeks before they start trying to get you to give them money because they've given up drinking Blue Nun with their evening meal for the month of January 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You'll be pleased to know that one of my daughters bought me Beatles socks for Christmas last year. 

They were too small, so the wife wears them. 

You've clearly raised a barbarian :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'll be wearing my xmas jumper day. "Christmas at night" themed. Basically, a black jumper. 

Last year I won a free breakfast at work by winning the christmas jumper competition. Which I didn't even know I'd entered

• Like 1

not that I've been burning the candles at both ends or anything , but today I got to work  , where my morning ritual is I make a cup of coffee before i do anything else  ..

I put an empty cup in the microwave and watched it go around and around  for 20 seconds before it occurred to me I hadn't actually made the coffee 

end of the week can't come soon enough 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not that I've been burning the candles at both ends or anything , but today I got to work  , where my morning ritual is I make a cup of coffee before i do anything else  ..

I put an empty cup in the microwave and watched it go around and around  for 20 seconds before it occurred to me I hadn't actually made the coffee 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I know times are tight, but Asda do sell cheap kettles. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Did anyone get Tony a **** kettle in the VT secret Santa?

Seriously, if you ever pop by his office, take a **** flask of your own hot water.

’can I get you anything Chris? I’m having a pop tart so there’s no trouble to chuck in a mug of cold coffee and warm that up at the same time’

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm hoping you're so burned out that it made you do something mental like putting a cup in the microwave

If the putting the cup in the microwave isn't the weird part of that story then I'm worried

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â