Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 10/12/2023 at 12:49, bickster said:

2) Cardboard has to be flattened at the tip (another part of the issue above boxes put inside other boxes) anyway there’s a bloke at the cardboard slot before me, it’s a slot to force you to collapse it all before you chuck it in (makes perfect sense), everyone turns up with the majority of their cardboard pre-flattened, mines in two easily ripped at the scene boxes full of pre-flattened cardboard. Anyway the whopper in front of me hasn’t flattened his one and only box and he’s trying to force it in through the slot, it’s about six times the size of the slot. He tries it every which way, a queue is now forming and it’s blindingly obvious it won’t fit unless he rips it up. People are beginning to mutter because the other cardboard slot is off limits as the Guardians of the Tip are moving a new skip into place. Someone shouts “you need to rip it up mate”. “No it'll go now, you'll see”. One of the Guardians of the Tip eventually sees the commotion and comes to investigate and deals with it appropriately “Are you f***ing stupid, step aside, collapse the box and let all the people who've done it properly put their stuff in and the join the queue you've caused at the back” “No, it'll g…”. GotT has a face like thunder, dimwit eventually does as he's told.

Reminds me of this weapon

https://imgur.com/IuzunGe

(I was hoping that would embed. Sorry can't figure it out)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

For Lego people's arses? I bet Steven Gerrard has square toilet seats in his house.

He doesn't bother, he just shits on the club he's currently 'managing'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Had some old leaky pipes in the house. Plumber has just been around and changing all the crap for new stuff. Looks great.

Quick headcount from the top floor down :
Upstairs toilet + Sink with hot and cold water. All works.
Kitchen with hot and cold water plus dishwasher. All works.
Downstairs toilet + Sink with hot and cold water. All works.
Basement washing-machine + Sink with hot and cold water. All works.
Garden-hose with cold water. Works
Shower with hot and cold water. All works.
Bathtub with hot and cold water. Cold water doesn't work.

How the flippin heck did he manage that?????

On 10/12/2023 at 16:38, blandy said:

Just about every test procedure, test schedule, specification, ICD (sorry, interface control definition) technical report, safety case…etc I have written or read has a LoA (list of acronyms) at the front. That’s not the annoying thing. The annoying things are twofold. Firstly having to compile the list, which nearly always runs to more than a page, but secondly because the LoA is mostly a list of initialisms, not acronyms. Radar and laser are acronyms, RHWR and AHS are initialisms. And then there’s the habit of people endeavouring to come up with acronyms for systems or weapons and stuff that sort of give a sense of what they are. I think the worst one that still bugs me was a test set that was called Captain Marvel, because it was an MMS Automatic RAM Verification Equipment Link. Grrr.

You should have fun with it and add in some 'useful' mnemonics. Little rhymes on the back for the longer remembery stuff :D

8 hours ago, Tegis said:

Had some old leaky pipes in the house. Plumber has just been around and changing all the crap for new stuff. Looks great.

Probably forgot to turn the little water cut off valve in the pipe back to open. 90 degree turn with a flat blade screwdriver? Might be worth a look

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Probably forgot to turn the little water cut off valve in the pipe back to open. 90 degree turn with a flat blade screwdriver? Might be worth a look

He came back and found he had cut and plugged one pipe he thought went to another old plugged outlet :D . The In wall pipes by the original builder, probably on meth, is a spaghetti maze apparently. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tegis said:

All piece of piss jobs, £250 for the days work thanks very much. 😆

Christmas jumpers and doubly especially the assumption that everyone has one and everyone loves them. 

Look I Iove Christmas, but I **** hate Christmas jumpers. Stop trying to tell me I need to wear my Christmas jumper to X event. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All piece of piss jobs, £250 for the days work thanks very much. 😆

Pipes is one thing I don't like to DIY, my inevitable errors compound with water. See also roofing.

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

In Scandiland it’s more like a grand :D 

Very close, yes.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Christmas jumpers and doubley especially the assumption that everyone has one and everyone loves them. 

Look I Iove Christmas, but I **** hate Christmas jumpers. Stop trying to tell me I need to wear my Christmas jumper to X event. 

Yep. Never owned one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. Never owned one. 

Probably one for the things you don't get thread. Why have they become SO popular? They've always existed but were never really a thing before. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Probably one for the things you don't get thread. Why have they become SO popular? They've always existed but were never really a thing before. 

Because some people like fun

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Christmas jumpers and doubly especially the assumption that everyone has one and everyone loves them. 

I can definitely see both sides on this one. I don't own one and I won't be going into Primark to pick up a stock one that's as funny as a burning orphanage. But I would buy a niche one online from a creator I like. Someone like Jim'll Paint It does some I wouldn't mind owning. So yeah I'm a yes on Christmas jumpers but only the cleverer ones.

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because some people like fun

What exactly is fun about wearing a stupid jumper?  I like fun, that isn't fun, especially when the Christmas Jumper Nazi's are on your case.  What it is is false, forced fun.

Just now, sidcow said:

What exactly is fun about wearing a stupid jumper?  I like fun, that isn't fun, especially when the Christmas Jumper Nazi's are on your case.  What it is is false, forced fun.

Oh people shouldn't be forced to wear one. If you don't want to, then don't wear one. And that's fine.

But surely it's not that hard to workout why people might like to brighten up their miserable lives for a few hours by wearing funny/bright/charming jumpers for one day a year?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â