Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Driving around significantly below the speed limit or taking ages to get there is dangerous and/or obstructs other road users. 

It also unnecessarily drives the meter up on the taxi by adding another few minutes to the journey.

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

This could go in the boring thread, but I live on a Crescent, that it is actually a cul-de-sac. It was supposed to be an entrance to a large council estate back in the 40's, but it turned out there was no planning permission, so they built the hammer head but kept the name. When traffic builds up on the main road we get no end of cars trying to cut through. They look smug driving down the road, and sheepish driving back up😁.

Being a council house from the 40's, I don't think a nuke would do much damage, I've spent a fortune on drill bits.

None of those roads have been altered since they were built. If it’s been changed over time, it doesn’t irk me. I was adding a new housing estate to our system today and added a Crescent, that is indeed a straight line, brand new without a hint of a curve

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Traffic cops will always tell you that the speed limit isn’t a target speed, when does your speed become too slow? What offence do you commit when you drive below this unpublished speed? I don’t see how it fits into the the almost catch all of driving without due care and attention

There's no one answer to this. For better or for worse, mostly for worse, driving examiners have a huge amount of flexibility

It's unlikely they're going to fail someone going 20 in a 30 if it's a built up area with parked cars, etc (unless they're just in a ahit mood) but 20 in a 50? Or 20 in a 30 with good all round visibility that suggests the student is just too nervous to pick up and drive at a typical speed, yeah they fail for that all the time.

Ultimately their call isn't simply whether the student is driving legally

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It also unnecessarily drives the meter up on the taxi by adding another few minutes to the journey.

Hackney carriage meters only shift onto time rate at below 4mph. I’m not a Hackney Carriage driver, I only get paid for distance :P 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's no one answer to this. For better or for worse, mostly for worse, driving examiners have a huge amount of flexibility

It's unlikely they're going to fail someone going 20 in a 30 if it's a built up area with parked cars, etc (unless they're just in a ahit mood) but 20 in a 50? Or 20 in a 30 with good all round visibility that suggests the student is just too nervous to pick up and drive at a typical speed, yeah they fail for that all the time.

Ultimately their call isn't simply whether the student is driving legally

20 in a 30 with good visibility is too slow?

Police could make a fortune in Formby with all the geriatrics driving at 10

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

None of those roads have been altered since they were built. If it’s been changed over time, it doesn’t irk me. I was adding a new housing estate to our system today and added a Crescent, that is indeed a straight line, brand new without a hint of a curve

I just guess they think the houses will be worth more with the name crescent. Round here the residents got their road name changed because they said it reduced the price of the properties. It was call Butt Hole Road though.

• Haha 1

Talking about speed, I still have no idea how I was caught for speeding on the motorway. I have seen the picture now and every car around me must be doing 60 mph + too, espcially the one just about to overtake me in the 3th lane, I was in the 2nd of a 4 lane motorway, following a car at around 2 cars length. Feel like taking this one to court,  just seems a bit weird as I never speed on the motorway. I've been up and down the M6 for about the past 5 years with no issue, even though the varible speed limits take the piss, like they are trying to catch you out.

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Talking about speed, I still have no idea how I was caught for speeding on the motorway. I have seen the picture now and every car around me must be doing 60 mph + too, espcially the one just about to overtake me in the 3th lane, I was in the 2nd of a 4 lane motorway, following a car at around 2 cars length. Feel like taking this one to court,  just seems a bit weird as I never speed on the motorway. I've been up and down the M6 for about the past 5 years with no issue, even though the varible speed limits take the piss, like they are trying to catch you out.

How do you know the other cars haven’t been prosecuted too?
Speed Cameras can take multiple photos, not only that on Smart Motorways, the gantries will have multiple cameras, one for each lane

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

How do you know the other cars haven’t been prosecuted too?
Speed Cameras can take multiple photos, not only that on Smart Motorways, the gantries will have multiple cameras, one for each lane

Well I'm thinking they probably have been, but why are they all speeding, maybe no varible sign to reduce to 50 mph maybe? There's a gantry just infront of the camera saying 50 mph, but technicallity we haven't reached that yet?  Just strange, was around 1600 heading towards Wolverhampton turn off, an everybody knows what the traffic is like at that time.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It’s not to do with being wrong. It’s about the rules being confusing. There's no consistency.

So if you're on a 20 mph road on a driving test, what speed would be considered too low 18? 15? 10?

Is 20 mph too slow for a 30?

Traffic cops will always tell you that the speed limit isn’t a target speed, when does your speed become too slow? What offence do you commit when you drive below this unpublished speed? I don’t see how it fits into the the almost catch all of driving without due care and attention

I’m not exactly someone that drives slowly anyway but this idea that you can fail a driving test for driving too slow is just bizarre. Sure if you are consistently driving at a speed well below the limit on the test, it shows a lack of confidence. I get that but that isn’t what people are saying.

People are saying you can fail your test for driving too slowly. 
You said that you couldn’t. 

But you can… so you’re wrong. 

Honestly it’s ok. 

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Get a Honda Jazz. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

20 in a 30 with good visibility is too slow?

Police could make a fortune in Formby with all the geriatrics driving at 10

Again it’s not against the law. It’s whether you fail your test for it. The two aren’t the same thing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â