Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Rds1983 said:

People that seemingly only ever drive at 40mph no matter the speed limit.

Not sure which annoys me more, doing it in a 30 or 60 zone.

I was following a row of traffic down a 60mph lane today. Guy about 5 cars in front doing 30 slowing to 20-25 on a corner, or if a car came past, all the way for 7 miles. I was livid, good job I never caught him up, as a little polite education would have been in order. Traffic behind me, I couldn't see the end.

Not that I'm an avid viewer of jungle celebrity programme but on hearing that the frog mouthed clearing in the woods farage is a contender has ensured that I won't watch a single minute 

• Like 3

The only thing that could convince me to watch an episode of that shite is if they have a grand finale, abandoning them to fend for themselves leaving the camp to vote on whether they eat Ant or Dec first. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving along safely at 30mph in my Honda Jazz today, and had a queue of traffic behind gesticulating, including some muppet in a Mercedes. I'm driving sensibly, they need to back off and calm down. 

Are you also the one who fills up with 99 octane at the mere green shell, leaving your car at the pump, while I'm waiting behind, then going in to do your weekly shop in there, before paying for your fuel. 😂

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Are you also the one who fills up with 99 octane at the mere green shell, leaving your car at the pump, while I'm waiting behind, then going in to do your weekly shop in there, before paying for your fuel. 😂

Got to have a couple of Costas and a chat with the staff before I leave ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The mice saga returns.

The attic has been quiet for a while, but now we move to chapter 2. Downstairs.

I saw mice in our pantry a few times, but we have it pretty well organised so there's no evidence of them eating anything there. So we were baffled when we took the skirting boards out from the kitchen and noticed mouse shit under there. Set a few traps, all of them had the food nicked without setting the trap off. Where the hell are they coming from!? My wife blames me for leaving the door open for 5 seconds when I nip outside to put the rubbish out. I say they're coming from behind the chimney under the stairs (in the pantry - as they'd bitten through the insulation foam twice)

Anyway, we're chilling on the sofa watching TV, and my wife sees a mouse in our hallway (we have an open plan lounge/hall/kitchen)

We both spring up, and try to trap it. No idea what to do once we have it, but at least if we trap it, it won't be in our house anymore.

We go around in circles, moving it around and the little **** manages to escape UNDER the pantry door. We had no idea that they could fit under the door. And as by magic to validate my chimney hypothesis, i went into the pantry and saw the **** escape through the foam into the chimney again.

We'll get you next time. We seal the pantry door with foil and go to bed.

Next day, we've gone in and out of the pantry a few times so the foil is ****. We're watching TV again. In comes Mr Swagger himself the mouse again.

Not again, old enemy, not again.

This time, before doing any chasing we seal ALL of the doors with foil. We chase him, he tries to escape under the pantry door, he can't. He runs to the downstairs loo. We've got him trapped. I go in with a mop. Again, no idea what to do with the mop. He's under the cabinet (where there's a trap set). I go to smack him with the mop, he escapes jumping OVER the trap, ending up behind the toilet brush. We have a solid stone toilet brush. He's not getting away. But again, what do I even do here?

So without any real plan, I get the mop and push the toilet bush holder towards where the mouse is. I instantly hear a small crack and the sight of blood.

Is there a less dignified end to a life than being crushed between a toilet brush and a wall?

Anyway, we sealed the chimney properly with tiles so hopefully that should be that downstairs. 

Until proper winter and they're back in the attic.

Sigh

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The mice saga returns.

The attic has been quiet for a while, but now we move to chapter 2. Downstairs.

I saw mice in our pantry a few times, but we have it pretty well organised so there's no evidence of them eating anything there. So we were baffled when we took the skirting boards out from the kitchen and noticed mouse shit under there. Set a few traps, all of them had the food nicked without setting the trap off. Where the hell are they coming from!? My wife blames me for leaving the door open for 5 seconds when I nip outside to put the rubbish out. I say they're coming from behind the chimney under the stairs (in the pantry - as they'd bitten through the insulation foam twice)

Anyway, we're chilling on the sofa watching TV, and my wife sees a mouse in our hallway (we have an open plan lounge/hall/kitchen)

We both spring up, and try to trap it. No idea what to do once we have it, but at least if we trap it, it won't be in our house anymore.

We go around in circles, moving it around and the little **** manages to escape UNDER the pantry door. We had no idea that they could fit under the door. And as by magic to validate my chimney hypothesis, i went into the pantry and saw the **** escape through the foam into the chimney again.

We'll get you next time. We seal the pantry door with foil and go to bed.

Next day, we've gone in and out of the pantry a few times so the foil is ****. We're watching TV again. In comes Mr Swagger himself the mouse again.

Not again, old enemy, not again.

This time, before doing any chasing we seal ALL of the doors with foil. We chase him, he tries to escape under the pantry door, he can't. He runs to the downstairs loo. We've got him trapped. I go in with a mop. Again, no idea what to do with the mop. He's under the cabinet (where there's a trap set). I go to smack him with the mop, he escapes jumping OVER the trap, ending up behind the toilet brush. We have a solid stone toilet brush. He's not getting away. But again, what do I even do here?

So without any real plan, I get the mop and push the toilet bush holder towards where the mouse is. I instantly hear a small crack and the sight of blood.

Is there a less dignified end to a life than being crushed between a toilet brush and a wall?

Anyway, we sealed the chimney properly with tiles so hopefully that should be that downstairs. 

Until proper winter and they're back in the attic.

Sigh

We had some mice in the shed a few years back. We also had the issue of them nicking the food without setting off the trap, that was until I read about a good trick.

They love chocolate, so melt chocolate onto the level of the trap. They have no choice but to grab/stand/chew on it and it catches them. 

I’m still sad about that, but they were chewing through my power tool wires.

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

toilet brush

Get a rigid fly-swatter. I've had a lot of practice as the cat brings some of them in alive (the word removed) and flyswatting is the most effective. But it has to be hard rigid plastic, not the floppy ones with the metal coat-hanger handle.

Or get these prebaited traps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SWISSINNO-Mouse-Trap-SuperCat-Instantly/dp/B0001IPB0A/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3HAPG6TIZO6JF&keywords=supercat%2Bmouse%2Btrap&qid=1699955047&sprefix=supercat%2Bmouse%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-5&th=1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I generally keep to the speed limit but mark my words, if you get on my arse I'm slowing it down a good 30%.

Based on my original post. I wouldnt mind so much if people drove at 40 in a 60 zone if they didn't then drive at 40 in a 30 zone (this isn't safe and feels like they're then taking the piss).

If they're driving under the speed limit for a reason then so be it. As annoying as it can be then I'll eventually overtake and will give them space (being right behind someone isn't good/safe).

Oh and another one.

We received a voucher for a vastly overpriced baby shop from my wife's work. The voucher was worth 300zl. We picked a blanket for 320zl. Yes, a blanket for 65 quid.

They offer free delivery on orders worth over 200. The delivery was 17zl.

We put the blanket in the basket. Over 200 so free delivery applied. We added the voucher code, value of the basket is now 20zl so free delivery no longer applies.

I presumed this was bad coding on their website as the value of the basket is still 320. But we emailed them and they said it's their policy.

It's only 17zl (about 3 quid) but does this seem like a really daft policy to anyone else?

Say you get a voucher for 1000zl, it's not a small amount of money. Not sure it's appropriate to pay delivery on that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh and another one.

We received a voucher for a vastly overpriced baby shop from my wife's work. The voucher was worth 300zl. We picked a blanket for 320zl. Yes, a blanket for 65 quid.

They offer free delivery on orders worth over 200. The delivery was 17zl.

We put the blanket in the basket. Over 200 so free delivery applied. We added the voucher code, value of the basket is now 20zl so free delivery no longer applies.

I presumed this was bad coding on their website as the value of the basket is still 320. But we emailed them and they said it's their policy.

It's only 17zl (about 3 quid) but does this seem like a really daft policy to anyone else?

Say you get a voucher for 1000zl, it's not a small amount of money. Not sure it's appropriate to pay delivery on that. 

They are clearly chatting shit, the voucher doesn't reduce the value of the basket, its a tender, so you have part tendered and have to pay the remainder. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The only thing that could convince me to watch an episode of that shite is if they have a grand finale, abandoning them to fend for themselves leaving the camp to vote on whether they eat Ant or Dec first. 

I didn't even watch it for Carol Vorderman's massive rack, so that shows my interest in this "programme".

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Not that I'm an avid viewer of jungle celebrity programme but on hearing that the frog mouthed clearing in the woods farage is a contender has ensured that I won't watch a single minute 

He’s going to get pelters in there if he sticks it out, could make some interesting viewing 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â