Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s no secret

link

Geek alert!

That's when the car is running, like running to lean, to much air to fuel ratio, that can and does cause problems. Turning a car over when out of fuel will never put enough air in the combustion chamber to cause an issue, the valve will open to release it every second stroke. You can turn it over till the battery goes flat, an it will still will be okay, unless it's sucked dirt up from the bottom of the fuel tank, then you may have problems, although the fuel filter generally stops most.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Geek alert!

That's when the car is running, like running to lean, to much air to fuel ratio, that can and does cause problems. Turning a car over when out of fuel will never put enough air in the combustion chamber to cause an issue, the valve will open to release it every second stroke. You can turn it over till the battery goes flat, an it will still will be okay, unless it's sucked dirt up from the bottom of the fuel tank, then you may have problems, although the fuel filter generally stops most.

If the engine is running and runs out of fuel it’ll momentarily pull air through as the engine is cutting out / stalling 🤓 

The £2 coin.  Absolutely pointless.  I swear by the time vending machines universally accepted them, they'd got to the point that they accepted contactless payment and since then because most people now use your card, they've gone back to not accepting £2 coins as it would mean giving back too much change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The £2 coin.  Absolutely pointless.  I swear by the time vending machines universally accepted them, they'd got to the point that they accepted contactless payment and since then because most people now use your card, they've gone back to not accepting £2 coins as it would mean giving back too much change.

You can still find vending machines or parking meters etc that don't accept £2 coins. It's been 25 years ffs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can still find vending machines or parking meters etc that don't accept £2 coins. It's been 25 years ffs

I can still find shops that give them to me by the bucket load because of a lack of fivers

£2 coins are nonsense

• Like 1

Just now, Anthony said:

FTFY

On a personal level I agree but people obviously don't and insist on paying me with cash, therefore I have to get rid of cash by spending it or occasionally I have to spend it to get some change for a float, usually fivers I'm short of, need a fiver, go to a garage and buy the cheapest bottle of water to get a fiver in change. £2 coins all the way, gits

Then there was the time the pub I drink in had no internet and the bar was cash only....

When I’ve been on my travels some countries have currencies in stupid denominations , so the shop has a jar of sweets on the counter , you’ll get the main change in notes and the coin change in sweets instead … win win 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

On a personal level I agree but people obviously don't and insist on paying me with cash, therefore I have to get rid of cash by spending it or occasionally I have to spend it to get some change for a float, usually fivers I'm short of, need a fiver, go to a garage and buy the cheapest bottle of water to get a fiver in change. £2 coins all the way, gits

Then there was the time the pub I drink in had no internet and the bar was cash only....

Well, if you continue to associate with the Liverpool underworld these things are going to happen. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

When I’ve been on my travels some countries have currencies in stupid denominations , so the shop has a jar of sweets on the counter , you’ll get the main change in notes and the coin change in sweets instead … win win 

The US is a pain as they advertise goods / food in sensible roundish numbers, but then when you pay you learn those prices are plus tax so you end up with loads and loads of coins.

They have dollar and 99 cent stores which have prices plus tax so everything is like $1.07 each 🤦‍♂️

12 hours ago, Genie said:

When subs aren’t dressed for actually playing football and the team has to play with 10 men for several minutes.

I can’t believe managers allow it.

When a sub is stood at the side of the pitch ready to come on, we get a throw in but they don't make the sub, then it takes another 5 minutes before another break in play for the sub to come on. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

The not dressed thing really annoys me though. Elite clubs are doing all kinds of things to try and gain a 0.1% advantage, yet time and time again they lose minutes because the substitute isn’t wearing a shirt and actually needs to find it from the kit man. Isn’t wearing socks so has to locate them and put them on. Isn’t wearing the bra thing. Has to tie his laces.

I can’t believe the top managers aren’t demanding the subs are dressed ready to go underneath a jacket. 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

The not dressed thing really annoys me though. Elite clubs are doing all kinds of things to try and gain a 0.1% advantage, yet time and time again they lose minutes because the substitute isn’t wearing a shirt and actually needs to find it from the kit man. Isn’t wearing socks so has to locate them and put them on. Isn’t wearing the bra thing. Has to tie his laces.

I can’t believe the top managers aren’t demanding the subs are dressed ready to go underneath a jacket. 

Yeah I really don't understand this at all. I could maybe accept it for keepers given how rare keepers coming on are.

But even that is a stretch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've probably put this in here before, but when people put a meeting in your calendar at work but don't give you any idea of what it's about. Especially when they then ask you for something in the meeting.

Just had one, the meeting was called "SC Review" (SC is supply chain) absolutely no other words or description

First thing they asked for was a supplier map for an upcoming program. Which is my responsibility and wouldn't take long, but I haven't done it yet because I don't need to. And they seemed surprised I hadn't.

If you'd just put even one sentence in the meeting invite I'd have been able to do it before the meeting. Now we have to have ANOTHER meeting to go through it when we could have done it today.

**** morons everywhere

Used to happen all the time. 

How I don't miss it. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â