Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Worth nearly a fiver now, amazingly (according to Discogs).

Christ. If. That's worth a fiver this must be worth 7 or 8 quid now. 

image.png.3fe5e113d52151bf54a506864c35da41.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John said:

those bookies think we are running around the Bull Ring with the cup already.

Should not bother me ... but it's not the bookies who think Villa is going to win (they don't really care so long as people are betting), but it's punters who think Villa is going to win.

• Like 3

On 29/08/2023 at 20:28, sharkyvilla said:

It was my birthday last week and one of my mates got me some weird presents, a battered second-hand DVD Jurassic Park trilogy and a snack bowl built into an American football helmet.  Today he admitted that he had 'regifted' them to me, someone else got him the snack bowl recently but **** knows how long he has had the DVDs for.  I don't want to sound ungrateful but I think I'd have preferred if he had totally forgotten my birthday.

The wife's Aunt and Uncle are terrible for it. We got a giant wall clock for our wedding present, which was obviously something they had but didn't want. Then when we visited several months after Christmas they gave our girls their presents. Some old porcelain cups and dolls (some broken) they again obviously didn't want on a clear out, and some things their kids must have had growing up but didn't use. Well that was my first thought until the girls started to look at them, some activities had been done in a book and bits missing and the sweets were out of date.

I just don't get it, our girls wouldn't have been expecting anything, any gift wasn't necessary. There's no harm done, we tell the girls to say thank you and that's that. Not going to say anything and fall out as it's nothing major and even quite funny to laugh about or moan about on football forums, but it is strange. I'd be embarrassed to try and do the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The wife's Aunt and Uncle are terrible for it. We got a giant wall clock for our wedding present, which was obviously something they had but didn't want. Then when we visited several months after Christmas they gave our girls their presents. Some old porcelain cups and dolls (some broken) they again obviously didn't want on a clear out, and some things their kids must have had growing up but didn't use. Well that was my first thought until the girls started to look at them, some activities had been done in a book and bits missing and the sweets were out of date.

I just don't get it, our girls wouldn't have been expecting anything, any gift wasn't necessary. There's no harm done, we tell the girls to say thank you and that's that. Not going to say anything and fall out as it's nothing major and even quite funny to laugh about or moan about on football forums, but it is strange. I'd be embarrassed to try and do the same.

My brother and sister in law always buy terrible presents. You can tell they're trying hard to buy something unusual which is admirable but they just always get it terribly wrong. 

Personally I'll alway always be perfectly happy with an Argos voucher. It's guaranteed to buy me a present I actually want. 

• Like 1

kitchen peeves.

My wife cannot simply take a slice of ham from the package - instead she has to carve a piece off, leaving half cut ham slices throughout the pack..

Just take a whole slice!?!?!

My daughter has no butter discipline either - crumbs everywhere in it from buttering her badly toasted bread. 

Also she’s so bloody lazy - she’ll leave her breakfast dishes where she was sat and not bother taking them to wash up despite walking past the sink on her way out. 

does my head in 😣

• Like 3

On 02/09/2023 at 19:31, fruitvilla said:

Not necessarily. There is only one Villa!

That may be but there's no is in team. 3rd person plural for me. Aston Villa is a name and a company and even an institution but to win the match you'll be needing Aston Villa the team of footballers that can affect the game.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Senior director at work rang me earlier. When I said hello he said "Sorry I've got to be in a meeting now, can I call you back later?"

You called me, mate!

is he working from home by any chance?

played that card a fair few times

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Senior director at work rang me earlier. When I said hello he said "Sorry I've got to be in a meeting now, can I call you back later?"

You called me, mate!

Making sure there's a call log for when he's late to his meeting.

Smart chap!

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 10:08, sidcow said:

My brother and sister in law always buy terrible presents. You can tell they're trying hard to buy something unusual which is admirable but they just always get it terribly wrong. 

Personally I'll alway always be perfectly happy with an Argos voucher. It's guaranteed to buy me a present I actually want. 

One Christmas, my mother once bought me a tub of seconds roses chocolates from the factory shop, but took out all her favourite ones, so it was two thirds full. It's the thought that counts, and the thought was shit. I'd have rather received nothing.

Edited by luckyeddie
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â