Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

If I were PM I'd bring back capital punishment for anyone who goes above 30% over the speed limit.  There are more and more of them on the road and you just know it'll be the other drivers that get killed in an accident, so I'd preempt it and summarily execute the words removed.

39 in a 30 mph speed limit dual carriageway would mean the death penalty 😱

There is a road near me where 99% of cars do 40-45 mph because everyone assumes it’s a 40 road. And no, there are no signs to say it’s 30.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’d imagine you’ve enough material by now for the first country music concept album…

As it goes I got back from the dentist. Put some great music and sat in the kitchen alone drinking wine. The album is out in late 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Some absolute wankpuffin in a new Golf GTI driving like a flesh flute earlier. Overtook a row of five cars (including mine) on a 30mph road. We were all doing the speed limit and they bombed passed everyone. If anyone has been coming out of the side roads on the other side, it would have been carnage. I hope they put their car into a ditch. 

Sorry about that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's coin toss for whether this should go in here or the boring thread.

I've bought a new mouse for work. They're strict here on locking your computer when you're away from your desk. So I do it all the time when I go to get a drink, or to the loo or whatever.

However this new mouse seems to go to sleep when you don't use it for a bit, and the only way to wake it up is to click it.

But that click registers.

So now every time I come back to my laptop, I unlock it, then have to click the mouse to wake it up. But because it's hovering over the lock button from the last time I clicked it, it locks my laptop again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've bought a new mouse for work. They're strict here on locking your computer when you're away from your desk. So I do it all the time when I go to get a drink, or to the loo or whatever.

However this new mouse seems to go to sleep when you don't use it for a bit, and the only way to wake it up is to click it.

So now every time I come back to my laptop, I unlock it, then have to click the mouse to wake it up. But because it's hovering over the lock button from the last time I clicked it, it locks my laptop again.

This bad boy has been with me 15 years. Through thick and thin, it's never let me down. I have had my head turned, briefly, by wireless versions but I always return to this. 

PXL-20230809-105136563.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Boring workaround: You can use the Windows-button plus L to lock your computer and then the mouse-cursor can be on another part of the screen.

Edited by Tegis
das boooot
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So just the sensor goes to sleep, clicks work but not the cursor? That's absolutely bonkers, there's got to be a way to disable that surely.

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This bad boy has been with me 15 years. Through thick and thin, it's never let me down. I have had my head turned, briefly, by wireless versions but I always return to this. 

PXL-20230809-105136563.jpg

The dawg and the wife, they ruin your life

I’m sat in a bar, cos they took my car

they took my house, but I’ve still got my mouse

I clicked it, just to see a man die

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does a right click wake it?

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The dawg and the wife, they ruin your life

I’m sat in a bar, cos they took my car

they took my house, but I’ve still got my mouse

I clicked it, just to see a man die

Missing an obligatory Yeehaw

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Missing an obligatory Yeehaw

The chorus was full of ‘em, and a trans horse. But Stoke’s big shot answer to Shakin’ Stevens wants to write his own stuff apparently.

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â