Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm not stereo typing at all, trying my best not to anyway. But any lad on a electric motor bike the Sur Ron type, is generally up to no good. Most dressed in a fake trackys, balaclava on, racing round the roads, taking no notice of red lights, zipping through shopping centers. Just arrest the f****s already, they are all on Instagram doing wheelies down the road, or showing off how many phones they have stolen in a day. I have many times thought a little nudge in my car over a high bridge, would put a whole community out there misery from these wannabe gangsters!!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not stereo typing at all, trying my best not to anyway. But any lad on a electric motor bike the Sur Ron type, is generally up to no good. Most dressed in a fake trackys, balaclava on, racing round the roads, taking no notice of red lights, zipping through shopping centers. Just arrest the f****s already, they are all on Instagram doing wheelies down the road, or showing off how many phones they have stolen in a day. I have many times thought a little nudge in my car over a high bridge, would put a whole community out there misery from these wannabe gangsters!!

I'm really not keen on the electric scooters/bikes, especially when you see them on the pavement.

But that last sentence seems a bit OTT, and potentially bad taste after recent events.

22 hours ago, bickster said:

That’s why I was asking because I’ve had unlimited for years, I didn’t realise most contracts were no longer that.

I've had unlimited data for year's and it did used to come in handy when I constantly travelled for work.

Nowadays though I rarely use more than 4 or 5GB a month as am constantly on WiFi. 

Will probably look for a cheaper contract with less data when I renew.

Just now, Rds1983 said:

I've had unlimited data for year's and it did used to come in handy when I constantly travelled for work.

Nowadays though I rarely use more than 4 or 5GB a month as am constantly on WiFi. 

Will probably look for a cheaper contract with less data when I renew.

Me too, it’s not something I recall being offered at any time since unlimited was a thing. Even when I was on a PAYG SIM I never hit the 10GB monthly limit

I wear a baseball cap (the right way) if its pretty sunny and I'm out and about. 

I'm a baldy and have very fair skin.  I will burn to shit at the drop of a hat (literally) 

But if it's proper hot it has to be a wide brim bucket hat. Provides all round protection for face,, ears and back of neck and much cooler to wear than baseball hats. 

Edited by sidcow

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wear a baseball cap (the right way) if its pretty sunny and I'm out and about. 

I'm a baldy and have very fair skin.  I will burn to shit at the drop of a hat (literally) 

But if it's proper hot it has to be a wide brim bucket hat. Provides all round protection for face,, ears and back of neck and much cooler to wear than baseball hats. 

I have an Aussie bushman’s hat and a Tilley hat. Both do a similar job, the Tilley is a sort of canvas material and the bush hat is leather.

I don’t currently have a baseball cap but I'm not averse to them as long as they are the flat old fashioned kind and preferably plain black or dark blue.

I wear a baseball cap quite a lot. I'm often outdoors, being bald and formerly ginger I do have to protect my head. Likewise I have to make sure I take it off now and again to avoid looking like Stewart Cink

DkbsA5OXcAMt-lp.jpg

I wear it throughout the year, whether that's to keep the sun off or keep my head warm unless it's really cold then it will be a beanie type hat.

I have tried other hats, I either don't feel they suit me or they're not comfortable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm really not keen on the electric scooters/bikes, especially when you see them on the pavement.

But that last sentence seems a bit OTT, and potentially bad taste after recent events.

You obviously haven't come across the wannabe gangsters I have, who fly past pensioners and steal there bags. If you had, or if they swiped your phone from you mid call, you would realise that last sentence is not so bad.

I'm sure it's in here already but I'm too lazy to search:

Credits at the start of movies and TV shows. And the fact that "skip credits" is a button you have to click and not the default.

Literally the only product that insists on telling you the names of the people who made it.

Also:

People who don't search post history to see if thier topic has already been covered. rocket polishers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

That my missus seems incapable of hitting the big f*** off round button in the middle of the remote to skip the opening credits on any series we're watching

Worse still - not hitting  'skip trailer' at the start of anything on BBC iPlayer. "Oh, you're about to watch a documentary about the history of art in Vienna, you'll like this puerile teen comedy on BBC3..." 

• Like 2

On 07/07/2023 at 15:44, Davkaus said:

As part of the review into the inadequate and dangerous maternity practices at NUH, the chief exec has finally deigned to meet with us along with other families who've been key in initiating an independent review into their failings. As part of that he's going to make a public apology in front of the media. We know this because his assistants have contacted us to ask what we'd like him to say :rolleyes:

A brief follow up from this. We got an, on the face of it, sincere apology, and after a year plus of campaigning, with the support of NHS England, we've got the review to be changed to opt out rather than opt in, which is a pretty big win. 

At this public event that they invited parents of dead and injured babies along to in order to issue their big PR apology in front of the media, among the several exhibits was one containing their latest training model of realistic resuscitation babies that they invited the public to have a go on. Well played, lads.

• Like 3

Adverts on YouTube. Not the concept, just the frequency of them now. 

They’re getting insane. 

Im watching a video now. It’s 55 mins long. The first advert break was 90 seconds into the video, after having adverts before the video too. I’m 35 minutes on and just hit my 6th advert break. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re getting insane. 

Im watching a video now. It’s 55 mins long. The first advert break was 90 seconds into the video, after having adverts before the video too. I’m 35 minutes on and just hit my 6th advert break. 

Google are ludicrously wealthy so there really isn’t any need to be so greedy chasing the ad revenue. They should limit what the uploader can slot into their videos. 

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re getting insane. 

I caved in and paid for premium. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â