Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have a decent laptop that I use for music production, but I didn't want to use it for other stuff (genealogy, photography stuff, general home office work, etc.), so I bought a cheap'n'cheerful one. It's absolutely fine, does the job... but what dingbat thought it was a good idea to have light grey characters on silver keys? 

IMG20230705154646.jpg

Is that a HP Pavilion? I used to have one of those a while back (two or three iterations), and it was the hottest thing in my house, including my heating and fire. I swear I couldn't use it between May and September because it made my house unlivable. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

1) My wife agreeing to look after the neighbours puppy overnight

2) My wife making plans to go out this evening with her friend from work

An ex colleague of mine agreed to look after their neighbours chocolate labrador over Christmas one year as they had been let down by a relative who was going to have it. Anyway, Xmas day, my ex colleague and his wife always had a few people over for dinner. Picture the scene - he's just about to carve the turkey in the dining room, with about 10 people around the table, when the pooch walks in and curls out a massive sloppy richard the third on the rug. Apparently the hound had a nervous disposition and didn't like large groups, something the neighbour failed to mention. 

Happy Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyway, Xmas day, my ex colleague and his wife always had a few people over for dinner.

"Oh God, not those people coming over again.  We tried to put them off last time after filling up half of their plate with Brussels sprouts but yet, they're back.  Even the burnt parsnips and those awful half-cooked pigs in blankets didn't put them off, even when we know one of them is vegan. What shall we do? Oh wait, I've got an idea...".

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Traffic management companies!

Surely there is a better use of the workforce then have them set up temporary traffic lights then sit in the van all day on there phone until they have to be taken down.

So when the annoying temporary lights get stuck on red in all directions who are you going to call? They are also there to change the patterns should a big queue build up in one direction.

Why are you even arsed anyway? It’s not like they work for you.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

set up temporary traffic lights then sit in the van all day on there phone until they have to be taken down.

Sounds like a dream job to me! 

On 25/06/2023 at 22:35, foreveryoung said:

It's okay if our kids have access. Not really like the good old photo album though is it, with actual photos.

Being still deep in my mammoth Photo Archiving Project, I've kind of come round to this idea. I've got hundreds and hundreds of digital photos, and while I don't necessarily want to start 'culling' them, I'm seriously thinking of selecting the best ones and getting prints, to add to the now uniform set of albums - 'continuing the story' without having to switch media, as it were. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â