Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

People who want to be on committees should never be allowed anywhere near them 

Not really sure about that. This calls for immediate discussion.

• Haha 4

I have the boiler being serviced today......

2fb2259c33a97a92240459386ff7a3fa.gif

Its in an eaves cupboard of my attic room which houses christmas decorations and tshirts in boxes that are a pipe dream away from wearing.

I go to clear a direct path to the boiler and find I have a wasps nest. So thats going today all being well.

On 29/06/2023 at 17:43, mjmooney said:

What the hell is going on with Facebook's morality police? I screenshotted the Readly 'invite a friend' page (below left) and commented for a mate's benefit. I instantly got a warning (below right). How does this make any sense whatsoever? And there's more (see my next post). 

I might be able to help there. Though never a Facebook user, I recently managed to get a job there as a moderator algorithm, citing my previous experience as a VT janitor algorithm as a reference.  Anyway I’ve not been that busy, I’ve mostly just been completely randomly deleting Facebook tweets (is that the word?) from people whose names seem familiar, for a bit of amusement to pass the days, but I’ll ask around to see if anyone can answer your question.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bickster said:

People who want to be on committees should never be allowed anywhere near them 

Can’t let that go without reposting this amazing committee meeting

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Stress at work.

My job is not very stressful. I have managed to get a career with as little stress as possible. Unfortunately though, I have to serve on the University search committee for a new faculty member in my department. There is always one word removed on every committee and there's one guy on this particular search who is driving me insane.

He is a whiny, argumentative, entitled little shit. In his emails he comes across as a millennial who has never been told no. The position we are hiring for will work in my department and barely do anything in his.  Committee work is meant to be a consensus and no-one gets to dominate proceedings. I hate stress!

What I’d try and do is have a quiet word with the word removed offline and offer to lead things as the new recruit will be working more with you than him. Offer him the opportunity to take a backseat and just observe. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

What I’d try and do is have a quiet word with the word removed offline and offer to lead things as the new recruit will be working more with you than him. Offer him the opportunity to take a backseat and just observe. 

He doesn't sound like the type that would take that well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have the boiler being serviced today......

I'm having mine repaired

The shit plummer said he'd be around at about 10am, he's just sent me a text to say he has a bit of a dicky tummy and will be in touch.

Yeah, I've arranged to work from home today to accomodate you, if the shit isn't running down your legs get round here you old pisshead

In reality I just said OK becasuse I want it fixed

• Haha 1

A police murder enquiry has been going on for 4 weeks now, they contacted me within a couple of days for booking information. I told them 3 times they were wrong and what they thought had happened hadn't, their information was wrong

They ignored this and sent a Production Order application anyway. I replied saying I'd need to go to court to explain why the application shouldn't be granted and offered a compromise to demonstrate how they were wrong. They took me up on this

4 weeks and one day later they come back with another request, exactly the same as the compromise I offered with one exception, they changed the date to the day before

At least get the basics right, like the date FFS all that time wasted because someone didn't check the basic facts multiple times over numerous weeks.

:angry:

6 hours ago, Genie said:

As Mike said above, this guy isn’t the type. He has an agenda and is trying to strong arm the committee by just shouting louder and longer than anyone else. 

I’m not sure if he’s a millennial who no one has said no to, or if it’s just indicative of everything these days. Shout & shout until you bully everyone into submission.

• Sad 1

Does he genuinely shout or is that just a figure of speech?

I'd take great glee in letting him shout for as long and as loudly as he likes, then calmly stating "I think it's quite unnecessary to raise your voice, we can take a break if you'd like to compose yourself" and see how much he either squirms or explodes. Even if he didn't, a few public, on the record admonishments of his conduct should make it easier to get him taken out of the meetings if he can't keep his shit together.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

As Mike said above, this guy isn’t the type. He has an agenda and is trying to strong arm the committee by just shouting louder and longer than anyone else. 

I’m not sure if he’s a millennial who no one has said no to, or if it’s just indicative of everything these days. Shout & shout until you bully everyone into submission.

Is he a percussionist by any chance?

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â