Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't think so. I asked to pay it monthly and the guy as good as laughed.

If your not making money on the properties and work Paye then fill a tax return in and claim the loss against your tax, bickster pays a licence fee for his taxi and claims tax relief on it, property can be treated differently but you need to speak to someone who can make sense of it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

And the 20% capital gains tax on any profit. 

If he's earning CGT the £700 will offset that, so 700 becomes 560 so now we're down to under £50 a month

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

If he's earning CGT the £700 will offset that, so 700 becomes 560 so now we're down to under £50 a month

It was more about the claim he was rich/a millionaire cos he had a second property.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's actually £700 for 5 years. But as I said its the principle of it, an that they think you have £700 knocking about, as you can only pay in full.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

It's actually £700 for 5 years. But as I said its the principle of it, an that they think you have £700 knocking about, as you can only pay in full.

That’s £10 a month, it’s not much more than my taxi licence

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you know any poor people with three homes?

I know a couple people who have a second property who are far from rich. I don’t know anyone with 3 though.

Eg, couple live in a small flat then bought a small house but kept the flat. They are actually always skint.

Someone else had a flat again, then moved in with his now wife but still owns the flat. Not wealthy either.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Don’t people just lie and say they are going to live there?

Bit of a big risk. Even then normal mortgages with 5% equity are pretty rare too

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know a couple people who have a second property who are far from rich. I don’t know anyone with 3 though.

Eg, couple live in a small flat then bought a small house but kept the flat. They are actually always skint.

Someone else had a flat again, then moved in with his now wife but still owns the flat. Not wealthy either.

So they say.

Shouldn't piss me off...

I'm on an all inclusive holiday, been good, wouldn't say great, the hotel has things that aren't included... They do an all inclusive + which set the alarm bells off, named top shelf booze is extra but that's pretty normal imo, the bar has ice creams but you have to pay for them, there's a sports bar with bowling that you have to pay for and nachos at the bar which are €4, there's also the themed restaurants which you have to book and can only do once in the 7 day stay which I hate

Hadn't been AI for 20 years then done 2 in the last year cos of the kids and the difference between the 2 hotels is night and day, better one being turkey poorer one being Malta but Malta making for a better cleaner destination, the big Turkish resort hotel was miles better though

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shouldn't piss me off...

I'm on an all inclusive holiday, been good, wouldn't say great, the hotel has things that aren't included... They do an all inclusive + which set the alarm bells off, named top shelf booze is extra but that's pretty normal imo, the bar has ice creams but you have to pay for them, there's a sports bar with bowling that you have to pay for and nachos at the bar which are €4, there's also the themed restaurants which you have to book and can only do once in the 7 day stay which I hate

Hadn't been AI for 20 years then done 2 in the last year cos of the kids and the difference between the 2 hotels is night and day, better one being turkey poorer one being Malta but Malta making for a better cleaner destination, the big Turkish resort hotel was miles better though

Sounds like my experience of recent AI’s too. My children are 10 & 12 so now coming out of the age where we just want convenience so will probably do less AI going forwards.

I don’t have an issue with chargeable extras personally. As long as all the basic regular stuff is readily available “free”. 

Most places i’ve been to have had ice creams free though (usually little pots that look like yogurts). Then if you want a Magnum you can, but you buy it. Last place I went to (Holiday Village) also had slushies in the AI which was great for the children.

There’s usually so much inclusive food around the clock paying for extras really isn’t necessary.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sounds like my experience of recent AI’s too. My children are 10 & 12 so now coming out of the age where we just want convenience so will probably do less AI going forwards.

I don’t have an issue with chargeable extras personally. As long as all the basic regular stuff is readily available “free”. 

Most places i’ve been to have had ice creams free though (usually little pots that look like yogurts). Then if you want a Magnum you can, but you buy it. Last place I went to (Holiday Village) also had slushies in the AI which was great for the children.

There’s usually so much inclusive food around the clock paying for extras really isn’t necessary.

The turkey one I went to had magnums included! They had little ice cream fridges dotted around with magnums and cornettos to help yourself, they also had little drinks trucks around the huge pool so it was only like a 30 second walk for a beer no matter where you were whereas this one is a good 5 mins to 1 bar, like as I'm here now in the kids club area my wife's gone for a 15 minute walk there and back to get me a coke cos everywhere else is closed until later, turkey put bottles of coke in your fridge every day

Like I said should piss me off cos it's all perfectly fine I've just been spoiled elsewhere I guess

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â