Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

British Gas are brilliant.

They send me an email warning me I’m underpaying and could end up in debt. They send me that email without fail, every time they unilaterally reduce my direct debit.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

British Gas are brilliant.

They send me an email warning me I’m underpaying and could end up in debt. They send me that email without fail, every time they unilaterally reduce my direct debit.

Automated service though?

They were nothing but a nightmare from my two seperate experiences.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Say no more. Horrible experience with them in the past. They are shocking. 

British Gas are another bunch of useless ****holes too.

I'm with both and can agree they are useless. BT emailed at 22:30 to let me know that they've closed my complaint! WTF? the complaint was open for no more than 6 hours, no resolution, nothing! bet it looks good on their reporting though - we've closed 100% of our complaints within 6 hours.

Edited by bielesibub
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

You joke but this appears to be what they think of me.

Once I dropped the girlfriend home if they'd have accosted me on the drive I was opening the conversation with fists.

It's extremely strange. Everyone eats pizza.

Its like seeing water on the floor and then accusing the next person you see with a bottle of water of doing it

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Its like seeing water on the floor and then accusing the next person you see with a bottle of water of doing it

I voted Brexit so that we wouldn't have any of this forin food.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No true Brexiteer would touch that foreign muck. Stick to a good old British curry. 

EDIT: Beat me to it, @limpid

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/05/2023 at 17:37, Xela said:

Yes! This East London hipster gets it! ;)

Cocktails should be ordered like food. Place your order at the bar, then sod off and sit down and wait until they are brought out. 

If there's a good queue behind me, sometimes I change my order to all mojitos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

If there's a good queue behind me, sometimes I change my order to all mojitos.

Letting them off gently, mojitos are relatively easy to make pick something with banded colours next time ;) 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Letting them off gently, mojitos are relatively easy to make pick something with banded colours next time ;) 

The mashing of mint leaves in every single glass though. The physical labour. It's hilarious. I've heard it called the worst drink order of them all by bar staff. I'm sure there are obscure ones that are worse, but of the main available ones, Mojitos are cursed :D  

I'm more a Long Island man myself. I've got shit to do and I'm in a hurry. Just put everything in the glass please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Went for our menu tasting ahead of the wedding later this year. Checked in and was taken into the bar area whilst our table was being prepped. Were given glasses of fizz and canapés which were a nice touch. 10 mins later, 2 blokes and a woman (middle aged) entered the bar after what looked like a business meeting. 

Anyway, turned out one of the blokes is canadian.....and effing loud !!!!! Not sweary but it was his mission to ensure that the rest of the punters in the bar knew he was canadian. He wasn't bellowy but had a pitch level and rasp to his accent that made me want to kick him in the spuds whilst telling him I couldn't give a flying one if he HAD previously stayed at the belfry which was great cos he loved his golf, eh !

Thankfully we were then called to our table, got settled and well away from Mr Toronto. I then spied a table next to me, set for 3 places.......yep.....sure enough 10 mins later he's in my ear again, chirping away about his flight home tomorrow via frankfurt then YYZeeeee, eh !

My missus is acutely aware of how annoyed I get at noisy or loud words removed in cinemas or restaurants which puts her on edge. His food arrives.....great I think.... he'll shut up now, surely ?

No chance. He eats his food by osmosis thereby letting him yak on in that now irritating accent. All 3 courses. Despite me giving him obvious evils (that his guests notice) he chirps on and on.

Luckily I have zoned out....but now.....NOW...a shrieking bint at the other end of the restaurant has caught my ear. The rosé wine has obviously now kicked in for her and again I glare at this dopey cow who should know better at her age...but no, Roger must be recounting the funniest anecdote ever and she helps punctuate it with shriek after shriek after effing shriek.

Time to go. I give up. Our food was amazing and choices have been finalised. I don't care if I am a miserable people hating git....there are some things in life that I just can't tolerate 😡

Exactly how I am/would be. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

This weekend if the first weekend of no Footy for The Villa. Hate close season. 

In fact the only thing I hate more than close season is that it's now come off season as yet another Americanism has kept into the English Language. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This weekend if the first weekend of no Footy for The Villa. Hate close season. 

Compounded by the return of (yawn) cricket. 

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Went for our menu tasting ahead of the wedding later this year. Checked in and was taken into the bar area whilst our table was being prepped. Were given glasses of fizz and canapés which were a nice touch. 10 mins later, 2 blokes and a woman (middle aged) entered the bar after what looked like a business meeting. 

Anyway, turned out one of the blokes is canadian.....and effing loud !!!!! Not sweary but it was his mission to ensure that the rest of the punters in the bar knew he was canadian. He wasn't bellowy but had a pitch level and rasp to his accent that made me want to kick him in the spuds whilst telling him I couldn't give a flying one if he HAD previously stayed at the belfry which was great cos he loved his golf, eh !

Thankfully we were then called to our table, got settled and well away from Mr Toronto. I then spied a table next to me, set for 3 places.......yep.....sure enough 10 mins later he's in my ear again, chirping away about his flight home tomorrow via frankfurt then YYZeeeee, eh !

My missus is acutely aware of how annoyed I get at noisy or loud words removed in cinemas or restaurants which puts her on edge. His food arrives.....great I think.... he'll shut up now, surely ?

No chance. He eats his food by osmosis thereby letting him yak on in that now irritating accent. All 3 courses. Despite me giving him obvious evils (that his guests notice) he chirps on and on.

Luckily I have zoned out....but now.....NOW...a shrieking bint at the other end of the restaurant has caught my ear. The rosé wine has obviously now kicked in for her and again I glare at this dopey cow who should know better at her age...but no, Roger must be recounting the funniest anecdote ever and she helps punctuate it with shriek after shriek after effing shriek.

Time to go. I give up. Our food was amazing and choices have been finalised. I don't care if I am a miserable people hating git....there are some things in life that I just can't tolerate 😡

Where was the menu tasting? The Toby Carvery in Castle Brom?

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where was the menu tasting? The Toby Carvery in Castle Brom?

Fort Jester, if you don't mind !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Bloody Canadians!    Those of us south of the border, on the other hand, are known for our humility and shy demeanor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/06/2023 at 12:00, mottaloo said:

Got the wedding outfits sorted yet?

Spoiler

skynews-rag-n-bone-man-wedding-tracksuit

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â