Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The word curated when used in connection with making a playlist

As a side note to this, there was a trailer on 6Music for some show that was a playlist put together by the band Jockstrap, not only did they have the most uninteresting monotonal voices but the fella said curated in a particular way that really grated on me.

Fecking curating a playlist, sod off you pompous words removed

And yes I know it’s the definition of the word, that’s why it’s in here and it pisses me off because it just used to be used in relation to museum and art galleries.

They'll be calling DJs Sonic Curators next. (Remember you heard it here first!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Abso-fecking-lutely. "I've curated a new vinyl of deep cuts, that drops tomorrow". **** OFF. 

It’s even worse when someone “curates” a festival. They put a gig on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

The word curated when used in connection with making a playlist

As a side note to this, there was a trailer on 6Music for some show that was a playlist put together by the band Jockstrap, not only did they have the most uninteresting monotonal voices but the fella said curated in a particular way that really grated on me.

Fecking curating a playlist, sod off you pompous words removed

And yes I know it’s the definition of the word, that’s why it’s in here and it pisses me off because it just used to be used in relation to museum and art galleries.

They'll be calling DJs Sonic Curators next. (Remember you heard it here first!)

I thought DJs were mixologists.  Modern life is so confusing. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I thought that was a cocktail maker

Or indeed a Barman. 

Question is are they a step up from a Barista? Both seem to have an unearned air of superiority about them. 

A mixologist is a word removed in a plaid shirt who sprinkles mint leaves into a mojito, while sporting a Dali moustache, and a monocle. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

A mixologist is a word removed in a plaid shirt who sprinkles mint leaves into a mojito, while sporting a Dali moustache, and a monocle. 

I seem to recall that we have a world class cocktail dude, right here on VT. 

Farmers markets.

Vegetables for three times the price just covered in more dirt.

“artisanal honey or some other bs” meaning it’s tied up with twine that would look better in place holding up a pair of tramps trousers.

I’ll go to Waitrose* thx.

xoxoxo

*translated for the mainly UK audience.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I was at a place once and everyone was drinking Mojito’s. They look like they’d taste horrible but I was intrigued… yes, they taste how they look.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was at a place once and everyone was drinking Mojito’s. They look like they’d taste horrible but I was intrigued… yes, they taste how they look.

Mojitos are ace.   Great on a summer day.   Pick the mint from the garden and the lime off the tree, use rum made from sugar cane we grow in the yard.  Delicious!

I lied about the rum.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Mojitos are amazing, although a quick way to lose a night.

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Farmers markets.

Vegetables for three times the price just covered in more dirt.

“artisanal honey or some other bs” meaning it’s tied up with twine that would look better in place holding up a pair of tramps trousers.

I’ll go to Waitrose* thx.

xoxoxo

*translated for the mainly UK audience.

A lot of it's bullshit, but I swear by them for stuff with a short shelf life. Strawberries, tomatoes, that sort of thing. You pay out the arse, but get ripe produce that tastes like it's supposed to, instead of the flavourless shite that's picked far too early and has varieties chosen for shelf life rather than taste. Supermarket soft fruits are terrible, may as well not bother. And that's just stuff we can produce in the UK, tropical fruits are even worse. The crap we have masquerading as mangos and bananas are a disgrace.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Blind taste test is the only way to go.

Get your artisan honey where the bee keeper personally jerked off each bee, and get the stuff in a squeezie bottle from Tesco, and see if you can spot the difference in a blind taste test.

I’m not 100% up on the details of how honey is made, but the principle of the blind taste test is the point here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Mojitos are ace.   Great on a summer day.   Pick the mint from the garden and the lime off the tree, use rum made from sugar cane we grow in the yard.  Delicious!

I lied about the rum.

Solihull Lime trees are the best. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Blind taste test is the only way to go.

Get your artisan honey where the bee keeper personally jerked off each bee, and get the stuff in a squeezie bottle from Tesco, and see if you can spot the difference in a blind taste test.

I’m not 100% up on the details of how honey is made, but the principle of the blind taste test is the point here.

Nope. you're correct. A beejerker from the Dutch baejeverker personally jerks off individual bees. I saw it happen after a mate gave me a corner of a stamp to lick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Mojitos are amazing, although a quick way to lose a night.

Long Island Iced Tea > all other cocktails. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â