Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I just dump all my rubbish in the streets in Bordesley Green and Small Heath.

Got to do your bit to improve run down areas. 

I just dump it down the lanes, like all the other *****ers do. 😬

Drives me insane this does, sometimes its just a couple of bin bags. Do they not have ***** bins where the tramps are from. More so, have they not heard of the tip/recycling centres.

The Soccer AM algorithm has got me on YouTube.

The amount of people that cannot volley a football is absolutely infuriating. Stand about 8 yards back from where the ball will land? Check Don't move your feet and just stretch a leg out? Check Attack the ball at it's highest point? Check. Get underneath the ball? Check. Lean back? Check. Follow through with your toes pointed somewhere towards Mars? Check.

• Haha 1

On 25/05/2023 at 18:07, Rds1983 said:

My neighbour puts his bins out on a Saturday (even done a Friday before) for collection on Monday morning. 

He then leaves his bin out until Tuesday so his bins are out half the week.

He's only 32.

Weird.

6pm on a Friday and he's put his bin out ready for Monday morning (or is it Tuesday with the Bank Holiday?).

57 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Other categories are available if that niche has been blocked

I was in the Leeds Bradford area yesterday and 'reverse cowgirled by a shy otter' brought back plenty of results.

• Haha 1

Thread Reader on twitter

1. Is it really that hard to read a thread of tweets? Not in my experience

2. Do we really need 50 people to all summon the thread reader - nope, its not an individual service

Its one of those things that twitterers think is brilliant but in fact is a load of rubbish and actually just creates junk posts to block up the replies worth reading

And I just spotted someone who does a thread reader final tweet in a thread he's created, how pointless is that? You need to have read the thread to find the thread reader tweet you dumbass

• Like 3

I'm off to an 80s festival today in Digbeth. Seem to have developed an ear infection😡. Gonna have to get extra drunk to numb the pain. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm off to an 80s festival today in Digbeth. Seem to have developed an ear infection😡. Gonna have to get extra drunk to numb the pain. 

Ear infection + alcohol = falling over a lot.

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus wept, what have you done wrong in your life to be punished in such a manner?

A "festival" that features "Martin Kemp supported by some of the best UK tribute acts"

Don't take razor blades, you might be tempted to use them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Thread Reader on twitter

1. Is it really that hard to read a thread of tweets? Not in my experience

Hard, no, but it's **** annoying, it's one of my pet peeves. You're scrolling for days, and at any one time about 1/5 of the screen is made up by relevant content rather than the authors name, datestamps, and other irrelevant UI elements. Twitter is completely unfit for long-form prose and people should use more appropriate tools. Threadreader is a useful crutch while people insist on sticking square pegs in round holes.

The alternative to threadreader is me seeing 1/50 and thinking "get to ****, you eejit".

Agreed with your second point though,

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Hard, no, but it's **** annoying, it's one of my pet peeves. You're scrolling for days, and at any one time about 1/5 of the screen is made up by relevant content rather than the authors name, datestamps, and other irrelevant UI elements. Twitter is completely unfit for long-form prose and people should use more appropriate tools. Threadreader is a useful crutch while people insist on sticking square pegs in round holes.

The alternative to threadreader is me seeing 1/50 and thinking "get to ****, you eejit".

Agreed with your second point though,

If I see 1/50 I'm 99% going to absolutely ignore that tweet and move on

I have no idea what you're viewing twitter on but it doesn't sound like anything I view it on.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If I see 1/50 I'm 99% going to absolutely ignore that tweet and move on

I have no idea what you're viewing twitter on but it doesn't sound like anything I view it on.

On this subject, I hate anyone who intros a thread with 🧵 

(edit: honourable exception is that guy John Burn Murdoch who does some really good threads that actually merit however many posts he makes.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Actually so much of Twitter is infuriating abhorrent shite, I don’t know why I can’t resist taking a look.

It’s still the best place to search on a keyword like “Schofield” when you want some intel though

• Like 1

On the radio earlier, talking about the Luton Town celebrations. They mentioned how they had been on a parade through the Hertfordshire town centre.

7njfqq.jpg

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â