Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I took a tip to the tip yesterday. Sorry not tip, it's now the "recycling centre", where they have 10 different massive skips, sorting everything into the appropriate place, with a bunch of attendants inspecting as much as they can of what goes in to ensure that nothing gets put in the wrong place. They've got a massive sign up boasting that they successfully recycle nearly 8% of what gets taken there. No typo. 8% of what gets taken there, by people who care enough to take it there, supervised by people ensuring its sorted correctly, and they nearly recycle 8%. What **** hope have they got of random shite that people dump into their bins at home.

I still clean out and recycle my jars and tins (or, at least, send them off for potential recycling) because I feel like an arsehole if I don't, but it does feel like a complete waste of bloody time.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Sorry not tip, it's now the "recycling centre", where they have 10 different massive skips, sorting everything into the appropriate place, with a bunch of attendants inspecting as much as they can of what goes in to ensure that nothing gets put in the wrong place.

Are you sure? I'd bet they are keeping an eye out for what they can nab and stick on marketplace or eBay.;)

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Are you sure? I'd bet they are keeping an eye out for what they can nab and stick on marketplace or eBay.;)

So that's what happens to the other 92%.

I go full yoghurt knitter with the recycling, we have the standard council recycling, then we have a bag for "can be recycled at larger supermarkets", then we have a seperate container for a local place that is in cahoots with businesses whose products arent widely recycled. Our green bin, the general waste, its barely a third full every two weeks.

52 minutes ago, choffer said:

You better believe it.

Since they will have no doubt seen 'Joe public' making a living out of doing this sort of thing in upcycling and similar, it wouldn't suprise me if they were also getting in on the act too, they're in a prime position to get hold of it.

You might be suprised (or not) of the things people throw away. But as they say, one man's shit is another man's treasure.

I know I woman who continuously makes a tidy sum out of taking old unwanted furniture from the recycle centre near me and painting it/restoring it whatever, and selling it on.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I know I woman who continuously makes a tidy sum out of taking old unwanted furniture from the recycle centre near me and painting it/restoring it whatever, and selling it on.

And they let her? Strictly verboten at ours. 

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I live on a little road with 4 other houses. 2 of the houses are owned by pensioners. Their bins are out 11am latest on Sunday for collection on Monday. 

God only knows why they put them out so early, but at least I know what bin day it is.

My neighbour puts his bins out on a Saturday (even done a Friday before) for collection on Monday morning. 

He then leaves his bin out until Tuesday so his bins are out half the week.

He's only 32.

Weird.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And they let her? Strictly verboten at ours. 

Surprisingly, yes.

I also know of some recycle sites near where I used to live wouldn't let you take as much as a rotten slipper. I suppose each site has it's own discretion.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I just dump all my rubbish in the streets in Bordesley Green and Small Heath.

Got to do your bit to improve run down areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

My neighbour puts his bins out on a Saturday (even done a Friday before) for collection on Monday morning. 

He then leaves his bin out until Tuesday so his bins are out half the week.

He's only 32.

Weird.

Perhaps he's in a drug haze all weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just dump all my rubbish in the streets in Bordesley Green and Small Heath.

Got to do your bit to improve run down areas. 

Recycling innit. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

“Resort fees.”

I had to go to NYC in April for work and booked a hotel room through the work system. I gave the hotel my personal card in case I wanted to get room service of something but ended up not using it. Get my cc bill and they’ve added “resort fees” $200. That’s on top of the $1200 for 4 nights they charged work. I called to complain and I get “it’s mentioned on our website so blah blah”

No, Its a f***£ng scam and you’ve just robbed me you c^%ts

Absolutely a scam. It’s to game its position on the likes of Expedia. It’s been in Vegas for over a decade and I despise it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but people can easily upload their niche bands to Spotify (most popular platform), where as Netflix competes with Amazon/Disney/Apple for titles and no individual can upload their film to a specific streaming platform. They buy rights to it.

Also, while everyone has a slightly different music taste, Netflix puts out their own productions so that they would much rather you watch Wednesday than Police Academy. 

I was in a neighborhood discussion 10+ years ago about availability of content that included a guy who worked for Netflix .  This was back when the transition to streaming was just starting and they were still pretty much the only serious player.   He was asked if and when they'd get to the point where most of the popular titles would be available on the platform, as everyone had been frustrated by not finding something they wanted to watch.   He said it would never happen because the cost of rights would be prohibitive without raising their subscription rate to a level that would lead to cancellations and severely restrict growth.  He said at the time that they would be creating their own content to help keep the service attractive, which is exactly what they've done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

“Resort fees.”

I had to go to NYC in April for work and booked a hotel room through the work system. I gave the hotel my personal card in case I wanted to get room service of something but ended up not using it. Get my cc bill and they’ve added “resort fees” $200. That’s on top of the $1200 for 4 nights they charged work. I called to complain and I get “it’s mentioned on our website so blah blah”

No, Its a f***£ng scam and you’ve just robbed me you c^%ts

You used your personal card in case you wanted to watch a late night “arty” movie didn’t you.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

You used your personal card in case you wanted to watch a late night “arty” movie didn’t you.

Aw was the last time you were in a hotel 1989?

Have you heard of the internet Dave? ;)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Aw was the last time you were in a hotel 1989?

Have you heard of the internet Dave? ;)

Everyone knows that hotel material is the strongest strength in existence :lol: 

• Haha 1

Virgin internet outage in our area since yesterday morning, still no sign of getting it back (latest of several missed targets is now 10.00 tomorrow). Apparently some road workers cut through a fibreoptic cable. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â