Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This bellend really wound me up and no, I'm not on about piers morgan. 

Then the more cynical side of me wondered if it was a staged set up just to boost viewing figures and this "wasteman" is really an actor ?

Then, the REALLY cynical side of me thought that if this really is genuine then knowing some of society's sheep like mentality (think gemma Collins, geordie shore, ex on the beach type of viewer) this idiot will probably get his own media career.

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I went shopping yesterday, and bought (among many other things) some cured sausage. I'm partial to salami, chorizo, garlic sausage etc, so I thought I'd go one further and bought some 'Fuet'- air dried catalan sausage (thanks for variety, Lidl). 

Imagine my annoyance when I got home, took a little slice and found out that it smells very strongly of....ahem gentleman's relish. 

Not super happy. 

Edit- let's not beat around the bush (haha)- sperm. It smells of sperm.

I do like Fuet though, so I wonder what else I might like the taste of.

Also this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Not sure if you've got a smart tv but there is a free downloadable app called 'Old Movies' which has 100's of classic films completely free. 

That may or may not have what I want - and I'm being greedy. I don't want to have to shop around different sites, I want 'Spotify for films'. All of them. First world problem, I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That may or may not have what I want - and I'm being greedy. I don't want to have to shop around different sites, I want 'Spotify for films'. All of them. First world problem, I suppose. 

It's unlikely to happen though. Music Industry is quite happy to service multiple platforms because people often play their favourite tracks multiple times so get re[peat fee after repeat fee. Movies and TV - MOST people only watch things once so the model is entirely different, different platforms pay to attract that one watch, they also as a result pay for exclusivity as the content drives sales, in music, its the usability of the software that drives sales as the tunes are almost ubiquitous.

Also the cost of making TV/Film is massive compared to music so the fees to recoup also rely on the large pre-sale fees for exclusivity to a platform

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My local council has a bins app, so my phone always reminds me the night before. 

Presumably you (anyone) can set a recurring calendar reminder to do the same, without needing an app

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have 5 bins, and they are all taken on different weeks. An app is absolutely necessary.

I’ve got 4 bins and no need for an app. So the 4-5 bin increment must be the decider

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’ve got 4 bins and no need for an app. So the 4-5 bin increment must be the decider

Are they taken at extremely irregular intervals?

For example,

My bio is every week

Black every 2/3 weeks depending on date

Plastic 2/3 weeks depending on date

Glass god knows, every 4-5?

Paper every 3-4?

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Are they taken at extremely irregular intervals?

For example,

My bio is every week

Black every 2/3 weeks depending on date

Plastic 2/3 weeks depending on date

Glass god knows, every 4-5?

Paper every 3-4?

No, pretty regular. I’m not bemoaning anything - it was just a thought based around nowhere near all councils having a bin app and a tiny suggestion that people can set reminders as an alternative.

We’ve just had a new bin added, it’s very exciting. We now have:

Black bag - general waste old school bin bag 1 per house per fortnight allowed.

Green tub: non compostible food waste - every week.

Smaller green tub: compostible food waste, council preference is you keep this and make your own compost if you can

Grey tub: glass, every week

Large white bag: paper, every week

Large orange bag: cardboard, every week

Large green bag: garden waste / grass clippings, every other week, soon to change to on prior submission of request for pick up

Large blue bag: recyclable tins and plastics, every week

and this month’s new addition…..

Small white bag: batteries

That’s 9 different containers, with some only picked up on specific weeks, some by prior request.

It works. The 4 to 5 container threshold is just a myth.

Oh, and the recycling depot is by appointment only and is bloody brilliant. No more queuing.

Some people will always be resistant to change that they perceive as inconveniencing themselves. But it’s all about carrot and stick education. 

As we are back on bins.

If it composts, it goes in the compost bin. Thats currently full so in a few weeks I will be buying another.

Brown bin, collected every other week, garden waste only £35 per year for the privilege.

Blue bin, every other week, all recycling apart from paper and card.

Blue bag, every other week, card and paper.

Those three go out on the same day

Green bin every other week, general waste.

Tip, I can rock up when I want, which is often and regularly.

• Like 1

I used to resent having to show my council tax bill at the gate to get in at cardiff.

Love all those options though to be fair. Powys should adopt similar. we have plastic tubs not bags for plastic / metal, paper / card and glass every week like the food waste and Black bins every 3 weeks. Everything else you cart up the recycling tip

Edited by VILLAMARV
editing

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

As we are back on bins.

If it composts, it goes in the compost bin. Thats currently full so in a few weeks I will be buying another.

Brown bin, collected every other week, garden waste only £35 per year for the privilege.

Blue bin, every other week, all recycling apart from paper and card.

Blue bag, every other week, card and paper.

Those three go out on the same day

Green bin every other week, general waste.

Tip, I can rock up when I want, which is often and regularly.

Yeah, you defo need to be running a two bin composting system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Presumably you (anyone) can set a recurring calendar reminder to do the same, without needing an app

I could. But it wouldn't take into account all the variations for bank holidays, etc. The app puts everything into my Google calendar for me. 

The recycling bin 'insert' we have for paper is a problem.

It's too small for a start. A couple of boxes, even pretty small ones, and it's full.

And every fortnight it gets further destroyed when collected, to the point now where it barely stays hooked into the lip of the bin as designed anymore and had huge cracks in it threatening to fall apart.

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

We have a Binfluencer, knows the bin days off by heart and always out first with them, we just follow.

A refuseful neighbour to have.

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â