Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Or drink coffee like a normal person.

Thought the quintessential British drink was tea.

Used to be, years ago. Coffee is probably at least as popular, if not more so, these day.

I like both, but not that foul shit that calls itself "instant coffee".

Spent the last hour changing all the port, pop3, smtp, passwords on the office computers (for Outlook Express) so finally get them receiving and sending e-mails again.

:shock:

Or drink coffee like a normal person.

Thought the quintessential British drink was tea.

Used to be, years ago. Coffee is probably at least as popular, if not more so, these day.

I like both, but not that foul shit that calls itself "instant coffee".

Tea. The drink of the empire. I like to sit back, have a sip, and dream about our colonial past.

I can only stomach coffee if I'm extremely drunk, and need a strong kick.

Spent the last hour changing all the port, pop3, smtp, passwords on the office computers (for Outlook Express) so finally get them receiving and sending e-mails again.

What? I've always used Outlook Express. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Does the job. Easy to navigate. Plus we're running XP 2002 software.

Ditto to Tamuff's statement (being as we work at the same place!)

GMail is better, despite a few early teething problems.

Doesn't stop the old guard complaining (still) that Outlook was better

But FWIW, despite GMail being better, Outlook was fine too. Just a few less bells and whistles

What? I've always used Outlook Express. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Does the job. Easy to navigate. Plus we're running XP 2002 software.

It's so full of holes it's not even funny.

If you are using 365, why not use the webmail? All the bells and whistles from outlook and then some, plus, no local configuration for you to do next time they decide to change something. And browser independent in the last release.

Meh, if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it.

If I did change to the webmail though is there anyway I could migrate all of my current e-mails into it? I've obviously got hundreds of emails saved in different folders for different suppliers / customers / quotes and need to access them for reference.

Also, wouldn't I have to access the webmail over IE/FF/Opera or something rather than having a stand alone program for the emails?

Meh, if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it.

Your call :)

If I did change to the webmail though is there anyway I could migrate all of my current e-mails into it? I've obviously got hundreds of emails saved in different folders for different suppliers / customers / quotes and need to access them for reference.

If you have downloaded them through pop and not left them on the server you have to re-upload them with imap, it will (in theory) do the same folderstructure you have locally. I guess you use a local backup-softvare for your computer but if you leave mail on the server you get the remote security as well if you disk goes kaboom.

Also, wouldn't I have to access the webmail over IE/FF/Opera or something rather than having a stand alone program for the emails?

Yes, but so what. You get the same thing in the browser. Offline access in a bother though if you only use webmail. That needs a client and imap

I use Outlook both at work and at home. If I'm checking my work emails from home (or elsewhere), I use Horde Webmail. I also have a GMail account that I use occasionally.

No preferences. It's like driving different cars - I'm aware of differences between them, but provided they get me from A to B, I'm not bothered.

Probably a "bin dunne" but opening a pack of Walkers crisps.... jesus christ the smell is nasty!
Opening a pack of dry roasted peanuts. I'm still not entirely sure that the last process before sealing them isn't to bottle a tramp's fart and add it to the pack.

Probably a "bin dunne" but opening a pack of Walkers crisps.... jesus christ the smell is nasty!
Opening a pack of dry roasted peanuts. I'm still not entirely sure that the last process before sealing them isn't to bottle a tramp's fart and add it to the pack.

I think these are both trumped by the smell when you open a fresh pack of slice ham for the first time.

Horrendous

According to the Queen's English, One should rhyme with gone, and Won with Done.

One thymes with gun surely ??

I moaned about the Northernisation of the BBC a few hundred pages ago , i keep shouting at the radio to correct them when they start mispronouncing the English language

the BBC seems to go through trendy phases , they had their Irish Accent is wonderful flirt and then the Manc one , now they seem to be in full Ecky-Thump mode

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â