Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It happens. I've seen it on facebook and twitter a fair bit and I've definitely seen it on this forum before as well.

Next time I see it I'll try and remember to post a link to prove people are that stupid ;)

BT Business.

Upgraded our e-mail accounts to this new 'Microsoft365' thing but neglected to mention that our e-mail programs are affected and that our server/ports change. So I've spent most of the morning thinking our e-mails are down only to find out that 'Oh, you've been upgraded. Did you not get the e-mail'?

Well how the hell am I supposed to get the e-mail when you send it AFTER upgrading the account and making my current settings unable to receive it?

Spent the last hour changing all the port, pop3, smtp, passwords on the office computers (for Outlook Express) so finally get them receiving and sending e-mails again.

"I've just one some money on a scratchcard"

"Hooray! We one the pub quiz"

etc

That's one that can happen when you're in a hurry. I don't think that falls into the 'stupid' category. Those are typos and mistakes. It's the 'wonder/wander' 'definitely/defiantly' ones that are proper brain-not-too-good type mistakes.

We've discussed this before, but the "one/won" thing is only understandable if you pronounce the two words the same way. Which according to my missus is correct ("1"= "wun"). But I have always pronounced "1" to rhyme with "gone", and she always "corrects" me. I think it's a Brummie thing.

We've discussed this before, but the "one/won" thing is only understandable if you pronounce the two words the same way. Which according to my missus is correct ("1"= "wun"). But I have always pronounced "1" to rhyme with "gone", and she always "corrects" me. I think it's a Brummie thing.

You are correct Mike, and your missus is wrong!

According to the Queen's English, One should rhyme with gone, and Won with Done.

It's a northern monkey thing to confuse the 2, from my experience

People at work opening a fresh bag of teabags and then leaving the bag out/opened.

Teabags thus go 'stale'.

The sealing tab is there for a reason.

Alternatively (and a better option), place teabags into airtight jar.

You are correct Mike, and your missus is wrong!

According to the Queen's English, One should rhyme with gone, and Won with Done.

It's a northern monkey thing to confuse the 2, from my experience

Singaporean accent:

One - rhymes with - Pun/wun (not 100%, it's very hard to understand what this sounds like without listening to someone saying it)

Won - rhymes with - On

Won - rhymes with - On
No, that IS wrong.

"Won" (the past tense of the verb "to win", as in "I won the prize") most definitely rhymes with "gun".

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â