Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Sat on the M42 crawling and a heavy clutch was a contributing factor to getting an automatic. 

I've not driven one for a few years so things might have changed but it was situations like wanting to overtake someone on a country lane and not being able to change down a gear to get good acceleration that annoyed me about automatics. You'd pull out to overtake and just chug along for a few seconds before suddenly speeding up.

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've not driven one for a few years so things might have changed but it was situations like wanting to overtake someone on a country lane and not being able to change down a gear to get good acceleration that annoyed me about automatics. You'd pull out to overtake and just chug along for a few seconds before suddenly speeding up.

Automatics I’ve driven have had a “kick down” feature where if you press the accelerator down fast it shifted down a gear (or 2).

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Automatics I’ve driven have had a “kick down” feature where if you press the accelerator down fast it shifted down a gear (or 2).

or very common these days is put it in sport mode and knock the gearstick to the left and change gears manually

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Most decent one have paddles now, so you can override the auto box. 

Auto boxes have advanced a lot now. I'm pretty sure the performance car makers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, etc, are pretty much auto only now

I've driven autos for years... i'd hate to be a passenger in a manual car I was driving! I'd be like Maureen from Driving School!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s already happening, but a lot just won’t drive at all. 

I’d say around 40% of people under 20 at my work don’t drive at all. They just never got round to passing their driving test as living in Bham they don’t really need it that much. 

The car used to be the gateway to freedom for a lot of us! As soon as I got my first car, I was out all the time. I just don't think people go out as much now, although it is a lot easier to stay in contact with friends virtually now.

I’ve been putting money aside each month for my kids to hopefully get them through lessons and the test when they are old enough. 

It’s such an important thing to have (a driving license) but also massively expensive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been putting money aside each month for my kids to hopefully get them through lessons and the test when they are old enough. 

It’s such an important thing to have (a driving license) but also massively expensive.

Definitely the right thing to do.  I work with Brazilian and Jamaican guys who have automatic licences but neither are accepted over here and have to start again, the money and time they are putting into it is insane.  Even the theory test seems harder than when I had to do it and adds to the expense.

• Like 1

Andy Goldstein on Talk Sport Friday. " I dont really like the general public when I'm out down the pub, no im joking honest".

No he wasnt , general public, who the **** does he think he is?  Andy Goldstein your a no one.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Jimmy Carr's laugh. 

Actually, just Jimmy Carr. 

But especially his laugh. 

Just trying to work out why Jimmy Carr shouldn't piss you off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Jimmy Carr's laugh. 

Actually, just Jimmy Carr. 

But especially his laugh. 

I think someone showed that early in his career the laugh didn’t exist… don’t know if VT sleuths can dig out the evidence

But yes, agree. Actually think the man has a lot of comic talent but he uses it for lowest common denominator jokes

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think someone showed that early in his career the laugh didn’t exist… don’t know if VT sleuths can dig out the evidence

I've not seen video proof of his early work, but Rob Brydon once publicly asked him (I think on BFQOTY) about his affected laugh being a new thing he didn't do early on

Edited by Davkaus

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Andy Goldstein on Talk Sport Friday. " I dont really like the general public when I'm out down the pub, no im joking honest".

No he wasnt , general public, who the **** does he think he is?  Andy Goldstein your a no one.

Dunno, never heard of him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/03/2023 at 21:49, foreveryoung said:

I agree with him to be fair. The general public are mostly a bunch of words removed

• Like 4

Just decimated a Pheasant and the left hand grill of my car, looks like half of him is still in there along with splashes of claret. I wouldn't mind, but I saw him in the distance, slowed down for him to cross, then just as I sped up, he decided to come back across. See alot of deadens down the lanes, they are really thick as the proverbial!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Just decimated a Pheasant and the left hand grill of my car, looks like half of him is still in there along with splashes of claret. I wouldn't mind, but I saw him in the distance, slowed down for him to cross, then just as I sped up, he decided to come back across. See alot of deadens down the lanes, they are really thick as the proverbial!!

Dumbest birds ever. The fields by ours are full of them. Lovely to look at but totally thick as mince

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Dumbest birds ever. The fields by ours are full of them. Lovely to look at but totally thick as mince

I'd give that prize equally to pheasants and Emus. Emus are incredibly dim in terms of avoiding cars - it's like they have a death wish, same as pheasants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

When the nobs are breeding birds to shoot at, they don't want to make it hard do they. 

Remove as much brain and cunning as you can for a nice easy target otherwise it wouldn't be much of a sport if they had half a chance to get away. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When the nobs are breeding birds to shoot at, they don't want to make it hard do they. 

Remove as much brain and cunning as you can for a nice easy target otherwise it wouldn't be much of a sport if they had half a chance to get away. 

I'm not sure pheasants ever had much in the way of brains, I really don't think its something that has been bread out of them

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â