Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My wife and in laws, I need help moving house, I want to rent a truck and smash it all in (kW) on Saturday morning, my father in law trying to be cheap for some unknown reason seeing as it won't be him paying wants to borrow a trailer from a mate, while at the same time my wife is also lining them up to rebuild and position all the furniture

so 1 load and 2 hours is going to turn in to 4 or 5 and about 8, I need that "help" like I need a 2nd asshole

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My wife and in laws, I need help moving house, I want to rent a truck and smash it all in (kW) on Saturday morning, my father in law trying to be cheap for some unknown reason seeing as it won't be him paying wants to borrow a trailer from a mate, while at the same time my wife is also lining them up to rebuild and position all the furniture

so 1 load and 2 hours is going to turn in to 4 or 5 and about 8, I need that "help" like I need a 2nd asshole

Just get a removals company. 

Moving house yourself is one of the most miserable, stressful and tiring things you can do. And removal companies aren’t really that expensive. 

When I moved in 2016 it cost me less than 500 quid and they did everything, including dismantling and reassembling the beds

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Just get a removals company. 

Moving house yourself is one of the most miserable, stressful and tiring things you can do. And removal companies aren’t really that expensive. 

When I moved in 2016 it cost me less than 500 quid and they did everything, including dismantling and reassembling the beds

Nah I've been put off by them, moving from Germany to the UK I was being quoted around £6k with customs duty and all sorts of stuff, I had 25m3 worth of furniture this that and the other, I did it myself for about £2k and had around 17m3

Now I'm moving from a village in the middle of nowhere to another village in the middle of nowhere so not even sure there are removal companies

I also think that if you just chuck everything in a box or a bag and then on the back of a truck then drive then chuck it in the house, it'll be the 3rd time I've moved in 4 months, 1st time my mom came over to help and she's moaning that I need to go to IKEA and buy 20 plastic tubs and split them in to rooms rather than me where I've got like bags for life with kids books and knives and forks in them, she would have spent more time organising than I would have actually moving

It is really simple, **** it in **** it off, it's other people helping that make it stressful

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Of all the costs when moving house using a removal company is the best money spent imo. 

Yeah, my situation a couple of years ago was a bit different as we were moving to my parents until our house completed so unless we stored it, doing it ourselves (myself) was the only option. After 3 trips of an hour and half each way in a long wheel based van, I would most definitely use a removal firm next time. We massively cut down what we kept. No sofa, TV, Fridge, cooker, beds but no matter how much you reduce it, it's more than you think.

Although half of one trip was baby related stuff, just in case we had another. Which is now in the loft but I think we have ruled that one out now.

Also amazed we fitted everything at my parents plus increasing that as we bought more stuff for the new house.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We last moved house in 1997, and we had a **** of stuff. Two big vans. Two grand. Worth every penny. 

Can't imagine ever doing it again. 

Wow, we moved a 4 bed house for about £800 5 years ago. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Of all the costs when moving house using a removal company is the best money spent imo. 

Absolutely. £500 to move 10 years ago. I only went half a mile, but from one top floor flat to another. No way was I lugging everything up and down multiple flights of stairs. 

• Like 1

Something that is beginning to pi$$ me off is people talking about the Mendela effect as if it's evidence that we are in some sort of parallel universe, rather than being wrong or having a poor memory. 

Imagine being so conceited and stubborn that when you are faced with a mistake you made, you blame reality.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Something that is beginning to pi$$ me off is people talking about the Mendela effect as if it's evidence that we are in some sort of parallel universe, rather than being wrong or having a poor memory. 

Imagine being so conceited and stubborn that when you are faced with a mistake you made, you blame reality.

Screenshot_2023-03-01-10-31-57-79_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

• Haha 1

There's this bloke I know. Acquaintance, really, friend of a friend. He's always whingeing on FB about how hard done by his team is. Victimised by refs. Constantly cheated by dirty play and gamesmanship from opposition teams - Villa get particularly singled out - who dive, and cheat, and foul, and timewaste. 

He's a lifelong Leeds fan. 

• Haha 2

Here’s a thing I’ve been getting a lot… people texting me questions they could google. “Carry, how do I link instagram to Facebook” “what time does the boxing start” “you may know this, what was the number 1 song when I was born” 

aghhhh just google it!!! You have all the information the world could offer in a search box, and yet you ask this dumb monkey man instead. You’re more intelligent than me…. Use f***** google!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Here’s a thing I’ve been getting a lot… people texting me questions they could google. “Carry, how do I link instagram to Facebook” “what time does the boxing start” “you may know this, what was the number 1 song when I was born” 

aghhhh just google it!!! You have all the information the world could offer in a search box, and yet you ask this dumb monkey man instead. You’re more intelligent than me…. Use f***** google!!

You need lmgtfy

They'll soon get the message

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Conversation innit you dumb monkey man. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â