Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When Shamima Begumjust lost the case the BBC reported it as breaking news (It's not breaking news to be honest,  only for ISIS and the BBC)

The BBC seemed distraught on the result,  they have made it quite clear all morning they would love her back in the country.

They really are awful at times.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

When Shamima Begumjust lost the case the BBC reported it as breaking news (It's not breaking news to be honest,  only for ISIS and the BBC)

The BBC seemed distraught on the result,  they have made it quite clear all morning they would love her back in the country.

They really are awful at times.

I mean, anyone should be concerned and scared that a government can retract a citizenship, and make someone stateless despite being born here and committing offences as a minor.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

committing offences as a minor.

I disagree,  There is stealing sweets from the newsagent offenses and joining a terrorist organization half way across the world.  She knew what she was doing and was free to turn around at any point.  

The message to the victims of terror (Eg Manchester) might look at it all differently to you.  If she came back then she becomes rich and in demand, that can't be good for anyone expect the terrorist's. 

I can't stand the way they talk about her like she is Mother Teresa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

Mother Teresa must be on any shortlist of most evil people to have ever lived. I suspect that's not what you were aiming for with your analogy.

Absolutely. Christopher Hitchens did some great stuff on her. She was the worst of the worst. Evil masquerading as a Saint. 

• Like 1

Tesco fuel pissed me off today, running on empty so had to go to Lichfield to fill up, Tesco by me £1.64 a litre (diesel), Tesco Lichfield £1.75, why so much more, like 11p? Fuel seems to be priced so random at the moment, standard about £1.78ish, filled up at a dodgy Murco garage last week in Manchester £1.54 a litre for diesel, cheapest anywhere, if they can do it, why no one else?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Tesco fuel pissed me off today, running on empty so had to go to Lichfield to fill up, Tesco by me £1.64 a litre (diesel), Tesco Lichfield £1.75, why so much more, like 11p? Fuel seems to be priced so random at the moment, standard about £1.78ish, filled up at a dodgy Murco garage last week in Manchester £1.54 a litre for diesel, cheapest anywhere, if they can do it, why no one else?

My empirical observations about Tesco Fuel is that they price theirs at 3 to 4p per litre below the local competition. Their prices have nothing to do with their cost and a mark up percentage, they just look to undercut the competition by a smallish margin

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I feel like i've missed something about Mother Teresa. 

Off to google! 

no need to google  , surely after all these years you've worked out that anyone / anything good in real life = bad on VT

see Thatcher , Beatles , Brexit  etc for further proof  :P 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I feel like i've missed something about Mother Teresa. 

Off to google! 

In short, she was basically a PR agent for the Catholic church and did so with the pain and suffering of thousands of poor, destitute and dying people. She made millions upon millions in donations, but used none of it to actually help people (her 'houses of the dying' didn't actually provide that much support for dying people, despite being able to, for instance), because she felt that poverty and suffering was godly and she should simply maintain the status quo. And she was a huge promotor of anti-contraception and anti-abortion matters which obviously is a enormous driver of suffering in the poorest parts of the world, but she pretended to be an apolitical figure who was whiter than white.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

In short, she was basically a PR agent for the Catholic church and did so with the pain and suffering of thousands of poor, destitute and dying people. She made millions upon millions in donations, but used none of it to actually help people (her 'houses of the dying' didn't actually provide that much support for dying people, despite being able to, for instance), because she felt that poverty and suffering was godly and she should simply maintain the status quo. And she was a huge promotor of anti-contraception and anti-abortion matters which obviously is a enormous driver of suffering in the poorest parts of the world, but she pretended to be an apolitical figure who was whiter than white.

Having visited her gaff in Kolkata, I can confirm this. At the risk of coming off like a globetrotting wannabe TonyH, the year before a group of us had visited an orphanage in Mozambique and the difference was stark. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

"Order within the next 90 minutes and your items will be delivered before 10pm today"

"Thanks for you order. It will be delivered tomorrow between 07am and 10pm"

Thanks Bezos! :bang:

It always defaults to next day unless you select the faster option (on the final checkout page you need to select today before 10). Have a look if it’s still there, if so place a new order, then go back and cancel the one coming tomorrow.

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I just had a notification to update the iOS software on my phone. Done. Now a bunch of my bookmarks have vanished and the remaining ones are all jumbled up 😫

Sign out, sign back in, let it sync.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â