Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Talking of speeding I once got caught in Nottingham but was able to do the speed awareness course but when I rang too book it I was told the course had to be done at a centre close to the incident and the closest one was Derby.

So I went all the way to Derby and the bloke running the course said why didn’t you just do it in Birmingham! I told him I’d been given incorrect info and he said ah don’t worry mate, you can boot it down the A38 and be home in no time 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who? 

Bonnie Lynn Raitt (/reɪt/; born November 8, 1949) is an American blues singer and guitarist. In 1971, Raitt released her self-titled debut album. Following this, she released a series of critically acclaimed roots-influenced albums that incorporated elements of blues, rock, folk, and country. She was also a frequent session player and collaborator with other artists, including Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Jackson Browne, The Pointer Sisters, John Prine and Leon Russell.

In 1989, after several years of limited commercial success, she had a major hit with her tenth studio album Nick of Time, which included the song of the same name. The album reached number one on the Billboard 200 chart, and won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year. It has since been selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the United States National Recording Registry. Her following two albums, Luck of the Draw (1991) and Longing in Their Hearts (1994), were multimillion sellers, generating several hit singles, including "Something to Talk About", "Love Sneakin' Up On You", and the ballad "I Can't Make You Love Me" (with Bruce Hornsby on piano).

As of 2023, Raitt has received thirteen competitive Grammy Awards, as well as a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. She was ranked number 50 in Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time", and was placed on the magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". Australian country music artist Graeme Connors has said "Bonnie Raitt does something with a lyric no one else can do; she bends it and twists it right into your heart." In 2000, Raitt was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She has also received the Icon Award from the Billboard Women in Music Awards.

Wiki

Along with Ry Cooder, probably the greatest living bottleneck guitarist. 

She's a million miles from being 'unknown', she's a **** ing legend. Beyoncé, Adele and Taylor Swift  shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's not like Bonnie Raitt hasn't won a Grammy before. 13 she's won and a lifetime achievement award

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over 20 years ago

Top 50 in ROlling Stones best vocalists of all time and top 100 of RS, best guitarists of all time

Anyone with more than a passing interest in music will have heard of Bonnie Raitt

Now I can't say she's my cup of tea or even that I know much of her output because that isn't my thing but to describe her as an unknown is utter stupidity

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Along with Ry Cooder, probably the greatest living bottleneck guitarist. 

She's a million miles from being 'unknown', she's a **** ing legend. Beyoncé, Adele and Taylor Swift  shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. 

mod-city-shook.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm a music fan, I like a pretty eclectic range of stuff from various eras and genres, and I've a decent interest in the background of bands and genres, the stories etc.

I've never heard of her.

what-have-you-done-scared.gif

Another one in the "literally never heard of her" camp. Not "I couldn't name her songs", or "I don't know what she looks like". Literally never heard the name

But then, I have no **** clue who Ry Cooder is either :) 

Although she might not be a household name (particularly among younger people), it's clearly laughable for a newspaper to describe her as "unknown" instead of informing readers of her accomplishments

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Unknown blues singer"? 

It's BONNIE **** ING RAITT, FFS !!! 

**** you, Daily Fail morons. 

FB_IMG_1675720434063.jpg

Are they deliberately taking the piss? It must be a click bait headline. It is Bonnie Raitt, this is not some obscure indie singer. It’s Bonnie Raitt. I see unknown country singer Willie Nelson won a couple too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If she had written a proper Country tune like Achey Breaky Heart, more people would probably have heard of her. 

She is more aligned with blues and Americana in all honesty. Country by association but not totally. 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Unknown blues singer"? 

It's BONNIE **** ING RAITT, FFS !!! 

**** you, Daily Fail morons. 

FB_IMG_1675720434063.jpg

That HAS to be deliberate?

Unknown? Jesus Titty **** Christ.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â