Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

That no bastard local team has any 'exotic' pre-season fixtures arranged this season. Normally pop along to whichever easily commutable team's got the most intriguing game and the only one in the area that's remotely interesting is Ajax at Southampton. :|

when will BBC/ITV/4 etc do the sensible thing that sky have done and automatically switch the channel to HD?

just been reminded that i have BBC HD, i dont think i watch anything on their channel unless i get reminded, sky one/sky sports/sky atlantic etc all automatic

when will BBC/ITV/4 etc do the sensible thing that sky have done and automatically switch the channel to HD?

just been reminded that i have BBC HD, i dont think i watch anything on their channel unless i get reminded, sky one/sky sports/sky atlantic etc all automatic

They do. If a program is available in HD then I get a big popup in the middle of the screen saying "DO YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS PROGRAM IN HIGH DEFINITION? Y/N" with 'yes' already highlighted and that is on a £30 el cheapo Freeview HD box.

The problem you have is with your box. I presume it is Sky doing the absolute minimum they have to with other broadcasters content. Do you have the latest firmware on your box?

yeah the firmware was updated this week

no HD pop up, not a red button thing either

to be fair id say its only the football and the documentaries that i watch, the gf who watches terrestrial tv 90% of the time doesnt see the point of HD

It really isn't difficult to select the BBC (or ITV or any other) HD Channels.

if you really need reminding to watch in HD, then maybe HD is not that important to you?

We really do appear to be in an age where poeople want everything doing for them.

The fact that @OptaJoe had to clarify on twitter last night that a shot that hits the post and doesn't cross the line is "off target"

Of course it is! What eejits were saying it was on target?!

how the **** has the olympic logo on tower bridge cost £1m?

Cost just over £300 grand but still a lot! The money came from the

, which will be used to back free cultural events across London. London **** London!! I dont give a shit about the olympics, plus it mainly London who benefit. Will the people of Birmingham get any of this Look and Celebration budget? No! :evil:

how the **** has the olympic logo on tower bridge cost £1m?

Cost just over £300 grand but still a lot! The money came from the

, which will be used to back free cultural events across London. London **** London!! I dont give a shit about the olympics, plus it mainly London who benefit. Will the people of Birmingham get any of this Look and Celebration budget? No! :evil:

I will. Providing lots of people take the train from Birmingham to London of course. :D

USA and Jamaican teams having their training camps in Birmingham will help the local economy.

In a very minor way (i'd expect they are not going to do too much 'going out' for example). Might do a bit of shopping/sightseeing I guess.

How will that help Lincoln or Scarborough?

Cost of Olympics > predicted/expected revenue.

USA and Jamaican teams having their training camps in Birmingham will help the local economy.

As much as me having a night on the weed will improve the Birminghams fast food economy.

So other than a few diet restricted athletes who due to security will not be venturing out much how will we in the Midlands Benefit?

Will the youth in our community get all that the London Youth will get?

In a very minor way (i'd expect they are not going to do too much 'going out' for example). Might do a bit of shopping/sightseeing I guess.

How will that help Lincoln or Scarborough?

Cost of Olympics > predicted/expected revenue.

But you get the torch going through your area! Some of you people expect too much for £11bn.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â