Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The fact that I am one of those people who believe their actions have far wider consequences than could logically be expected.

In short, superstitious.

Last night's game for example, me in the pub:

"For f*** sake Roy, send Cole up to take a pen, he never misses"

"He's going to miss now I said that"

Others: "Well done Paul"

"Do'h"

And so the superstition is further ingrained in my odd little way of thinking.

I wouldnt worry about it. Cole actually missed because my mate Luigi was wearing his lucky socks.

People who jump the que.

WTF right have they got to go before others ?

i think its creeping in, before it was just something funny on holiday and you'd say we dont do that in england, but we do and its getting worse

worst ive seen was an emirates flight to dubai, they called something like rows 1 - 14 and i think me and my girlfriend were the only ones who stayed sat down, they announced it several times that it was those rows only and people were still getting turned away, when we landed you get the usual remain seated to the light goes off thing, absolutely no chance, everyone was up bags out stood up waiting to get off whilst we were still moving

problem is when flying trying to beat a que makes absolutely no sense, you rush to get on and you arent taking off till the last person is on board, you rush to get off just to go join another 2/3 ques and sods law your bag will be last anyway

People who jump the que.

i think its creeping in, before it was just something funny on holiday and you'd say we dont do that in england, but we do and its getting worse

worst ive seen was an emirates flight to dubai, they called something like rows 1 - 14 and i think me and my girlfriend were the only ones who stayed sat down, they announced it several times that it was those rows only and people were still getting turned away, when we landed you get the usual remain seated to the light goes off thing, absolutely no chance, everyone was up bags out stood up waiting to get off whilst we were still moving

problem is when flying trying to beat a que makes absolutely no sense, you rush to get on and you arent taking off till the last person is on board, you rush to get off just to go join another 2/3 ques and sods law your bag will be last anyway

What REALLY PISSES ME OFF is when you get to board the plane and the people that got called before you have too much hand luggage so they use your alloted space ( above your head locker )

WTF ?! they are the ones who have too much luggage.Put it on your lap or throw it out the **** window.

The last time that happened to me the people who had too much luggage and used my/our space were really old ( like 80 or something ) so I couldent say anything, could I ?

Piss me off.

People who jump the que.

What REALLY PISSES ME OFF is when you get to board the plane and the people that got called before you have too much hand luggage so they use your alloted space ( above your head locker )

WTF ?! they are the ones who have too much luggage.Put it on your lap or throw it out the **** window.

The last time that happened to me the people who had too much luggage and used my/our space were really old ( like 80 or something ) so I couldent say anything, could I ?

Piss me off.

What kind of planes do you go on where you can open a window?

People who jump the que.

Piss me off.

What kind of planes do you go on where you can open a window?

The planes I have been on dont have windows that open BUT for people like the ones I have mentioned I will gladly get them out of a window ( preferbly while we are in the air )

My mum's taste in decoration. She's painted our living room in blocks of some odd browny-purple colour and white with one wall covered in some bright flowery design that would have been overbearing in the early '70s.

It reminds me of those episodes of Changing Rooms where the homeowner would end up crying at the end of the episode.

People who jump the que.

Piss me off.

On the luggage theme...

'Hand luggage' - to me, that is not a bloody case with wheels that you can barely cram in the overhead locker, or even pick up without help.

The fact that I keep missing bets in the Euros by tiny amounts!

Posted earlier in the thread about missing out on scorecast by a goal (had di natale first and spain to win 2-1, has lescott first and france to win 2-1 etc)

This form has continued. In the last 3 games I've had decent money on Spain to win 1-0 (they score a second in second half injury time),

Germany to win by 3 goals (they are up 4-1 and conced a penalty in the 89th minute)

And England to win on penalties (we all know what happened there)

I'm convinced I'm due a big win sooner or later!

Maybe I am teaching you to suck eggs but...

Do it on betfair then as you could of cashed out with 5 minutes to go and made nearly as much profit as letting it ride. It even calculates the cash out for you on a lot of markets.

You could even have backed England to win on penalties then layed it off before the shootout for a healthy profit.

The fact that I keep missing bets in the Euros by tiny amounts!

Posted earlier in the thread about missing out on scorecast by a goal (had di natale first and spain to win 2-1, has lescott first and france to win 2-1 etc)

This form has continued. In the last 3 games I've had decent money on Spain to win 1-0 (they score a second in second half injury time),

Germany to win by 3 goals (they are up 4-1 and conced a penalty in the 89th minute)

And England to win on penalties (we all know what happened there)

I'm convinced I'm due a big win sooner or later!

That is what the bookies want. The love it when people nearly win because it keeps them coming back. If you have an hour, listen to this as I think you will quite enjoy it.

Both Betfair and stopping are out of the question.

It's part of a game myself and 3 friends are playing.

We all put £25 into our skybet account at the start of the Euros. We have to bet on every game (at least £1) and whoever has the most at the end of the Euros wins whatever's in everyone else's pot.

The game is flawed in so many ways, as we've found along the way. But it's fun (especially as I'm winning by a considerable margin)

But yeah, the most I can lose is the original £25 (net). I can't use betfair. And I don't usually gamble more than a couple of quid on an accumulator every now and then, so there's not much danger of me going back for more again and again.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â