Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 17/01/2023 at 11:27, Xela said:

I remember the Sunday night blues. I absolutely hated secondary school so every Sunday night was awful. 

Highway with Harry Secombe or Songs of Praise on the other channel were the trigger for me! 

Yup that Sunday night dread - usually had wet hair because it was bath-night. Hated schol.

On 17/01/2023 at 11:21, sharkyvilla said:

Masterchef from the Lloyd Grossman era followed by Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat in our household.  Absolutely misery for me.  The only good thing about Sundays was Football Italia.

Lost in Space was quite good - afternoons on Channel 4.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Just-do-it-nothing-is-impossible.jpg

Thank **** nothing is impossible. 

I so HATE flying to and from holidays.  I've always thought it would be SO much nicer to just instantly teleport there and back. 

Anyone know how I get hold of the bloke who wrote this so I can get his instructions on how to achieve this because Google has let me down. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The Professionals when I was a kid , 21:00 Sunday …if my dad was in a good mood he’d let us stay up past bedtime to watch it 

This was the exact same time and scenario for me except it was London’s Burning.  For some reason I really liked it as a kid.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The adverts on YouTube have gone out of control recently. Double adverts that can’t be skipped 4 or 5 times in a 15 min video

Yup. They finally got me and I subscribed to Premium. Luckily with a vpn and a "family plan" it works out pretty cheap if you can find others who are interested. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The adverts on YouTube have gone out of control recently. Double adverts that can’t be skipped 4 or 5 times in a 15 min video

Agreed but for some reason, I seem to get far less ads if I cast from my iPad to my firestick than if I select a video direct in-App on the firestick, which is just odd

I don't get any ads at all on my PC in firefox but that is because I have a Youtube extension which blocks the ads but I installed it for greater functionality

But anyway yes, the Ad attack is getting silly. It's all to try and get you to subscribe

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup. They finally got me and I subscribed to Premium. Luckily with a vpn and a "family plan" it works out pretty cheap if you can find others who are interested. 

By VPN you mean buying from Brazil, Turkey or India?

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

By VPN you mean buying from Brazil, Turkey or India?

They can also be used to obfuscate your identity and hence the algo will not treat you in the personal way it has based on your online identity (for better or worse). Or you can poison their various profiling methods at a minimum.

This assumes you also have the appropriate cookie/script blockers enabled and that you empty the browser caches on shutdown and do so regularly. It's becoming increasingly hard to be truly anonymous and hide from the advertisers though.

Edited by villakram

57 minutes ago, villakram said:

This assumes you also have the appropriate cookie/script blockers enabled and that you empty the browser caches on shutdown and do so regularly. It's becoming increasingly hard to be truly anonymous and hide from the advertisers though.

Any recommendations?

Edited by Rds1983

When my employer told me I had to work from home in March 2020 (can't remember why), I was told I'd be given a work laptop. I said I didn't really want or need one as I could use my own PC, but was told it was compulsory.

For the next 21 months, I was constantly pestered by various people about them sending me one, but it never happened and I was eventually made redundant in December 2021.

I had a voicemail from an unknown mobile number yesterday, asking me to ring them back to arrange a time for someone to come and collect my laptop.

I rang them back this morning at 10am to explain I'd never received one. Their response, "okay, well I'm not logged in at the moment, do you think you could ring back when I'm actually at work? I can't really do anything about that at the moment."

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

"okay, well I'm not logged in at the moment, do you think you could ring back when I'm actually at work? I can't really do anything about that at the moment."

Sounds like this **** never got his laptop either

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

When my employer told me I had to work from home in March 2020 (can't remember why), I was told I'd be given a work laptop. I said I didn't really want or need one as I could use my own PC, but was told it was compulsory.

For the next 21 months, I was constantly pestered by various people about them sending me one, but it never happened and I was eventually made redundant in December 2021.

I had a voicemail from an unknown mobile number yesterday, asking me to ring them back to arrange a time for someone to come and collect my laptop.

I rang them back this morning at 10am to explain I'd never received one. Their response, "okay, well I'm not logged in at the moment, do you think you could ring back when I'm actually at work? I can't really do anything about that at the moment."

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh that would definitely piss me off. "I will not be ringing you or anyone else back. I have no laptop. Do not ring me again".

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with auditing for the baddens in our police forces, especially the criminals who have slipped through the net. But let's remember you need a certain personality to be a decent copper, we seem to wanna make them all into paper tigers. If anyone has experience of police forces in other European counties, you will know not to **** about there. Here in the UK the teenages are just taking the piss out the out police cause they cant even raise their voices..

While I'm on my high horse, it's the same with athletes who have achieve numerous gold medals and are now superstars, complaining they were shouted at and forced to train till they drop. We will end up winning l f*** all at anything if we are gonna start living in this polite idealistic world!!

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â