Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Shall we bring this thread back round to the minutiae of everyday life... I just got a delivery from Uber Eats, was missing the sauces. I'd paid extra for two pots of sauce and they just sent it dry, sauceless.

If I complain does the driver get sacked? Or does the small independent restaurant take the blame? I'm pissed off with myself for ordering it

If you complain Uber Eats tells you to jog on unless you get an article in the local news doing your compo face. And the restaurant says their hands are tied and you need to speak to Uber.

If there's one thing these awful tech giants have in common other than exploiting their workforce, it's atrocious customer service.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Here's one that pisses me off (or used to piss me off). There were certain commentators or pundits who used to insist on calling Alex Ferguson AleC Ferguson

I could never find out why. I thought maybe it was a scottish thing that people called Alex are often called Alec so those commentators were trying to fit in. But as far as I ever found out, that wasn't the case.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-20056446.html

The answer is obvious: for once and for all, is it Alec or Alex Ferguson?

The manager of Manchester United smiles and admits that, yes, he was named Alexander by his parents. But in Scotland it’s always been Alec and south of Hadrian’s Wall, it’s always been Alex. He is also, of course, a knight of the realm but, with a dismissive wave, he assures you he’s not hung up about being addressed as ‘Sir’.

Word is he told all the old school journos he was Alec when he first came down to Man Utd, and so it stuck with some of them out of politeness, even after he'd given up correcting people.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Shall we bring this thread back round to the minutiae of everyday life... I just got a delivery from Uber Eats, was missing the sauces. I'd paid extra for two pots of sauce and they just sent it dry, sauceless.

If I complain does the driver get sacked? Or does the small independent restaurant take the blame? I'm pissed off with myself for ordering it

The IDKWTCH uses a cake maker she found on Instagram. Guy who lives locally.

He makes amazing cakes. They look incredible, taste amazing. Pricey but worth it.

All good right?

Well not really, everytime she's had a cake off him (at least 5 times) there's ALWAYS something missing or slightly different than what she ordered. Something small like the last one for my son was meant to have two small balloons as part of it. He forgot to put them in. It's minor, but still.

Before she asked for a particular type of sweet on top as decoration and he used a different sweet entirely. Again the cake was just as good and it didn't really make a difference.

But it annoys me. The guy never tells her in advance. like I'd totally get it if he said something like "Sorry I've run out of Maltesers, but I can do the cake with Lindt balls and it'll be just as good". But he doesn't say anything.

And it annoys me that she never says anything and just keeps using him.

Once or twice I could understand he got a bit wrong, but at least 5 times we've got a cake off him and every time there is something different or missing. 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Here's one that pisses me off (or used to piss me off). There were certain commentators or pundits who used to insist on calling Alex Ferguson AleC Ferguson

I could never find out why. I thought maybe it was a scottish thing that people called Alex are often called Alec so those commentators were trying to fit in. But as far as I ever found out, that wasn't the case.

Really? I couldn't give a toss whatever anyone called that knob head. I'm far more pissed off you've just made me think of him for a few seconds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bastard illness. Been sick during the whole Christmas period, due back to work today and had to take the rest of the week off. 

A Christmas to forget, for sure. 

On a plus point got loads of food and booze left so the next few shops will be cheap! 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-20056446.html

Word is he told all the old school journos he was Alec when he first came down to Man Utd, and so it stuck with some of them out of politeness, even after he'd given up correcting people.

I'd say that's a generational thing. To my parents' generation, Alexanders were always Alec. When I was at school, the one in my class started out as Alec, but by the time we left, he'd become Alex. Nowadays, the Alec version is extinct. 

Of course, we now also have Xander (invariably a posh "Zaaahnder"). 

• Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this as it is sport related and maybe better suited for a thread "Things that piss you off that should", but why is a guy being investigated for one, albeit inappropriate, incident over 30 years ago with someone with whom he has been married to for 25 years?? Unless there is more to it that hasn't come public yet (which would be bollocks because you either provide the full info or none), I really don't understand this cancel culture

The US Soccer Federation revealed Tuesday it is investigating men’s national team coach Gregg Berhalter for a 1991 confrontation in which he kicked the woman who later became his wife.

In the fall of 1991, I met my soulmate,” Berhalter went on. “We had been dating for four months when an incident happened between us that would shape the future of our relationship. One night, when out drinking at a local bar, Rosalind and I had a heated argument that continued outside. It became physical and I kicked her in the legs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/03/usa-coach-gregg-berhalter-blackmail-attempt

Edited by a-k

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The Villa ticket office.

Seems like no matter what time I call, I'm put on hold for about 15-20 minutes before giving up. It's been like it for years.

Every interaction I have with the club makes me realise how much they take the piss, knowing they have no competition.

Garbage customer service, garbage website, piss poor customer experience in the stadium and in the shop. Just absolutely **** shit, and if it was any other line of business, we'd go elsewhere. But it's not like we're going to go and support Wolves instead, so they do the absolute bare minimum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

The Villa ticket office.

Seems like no matter what time I call, I'm put on hold for about 15-20 minutes before giving up. It's been like it for years.

I bet the recorded message says “did you know you can buy tickets at avfc.co.uk” as if they assume it’s your first day on Earth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Every interaction I have with the club makes me realise how much they take the piss, knowing they have no competition.

Garbage customer service, garbage website, piss poor customer experience in the stadium and in the shop. Just absolutely **** shit, and if it was any other line of business, we'd go elsewhere. But it's not like we're going to go and support Wolves instead, so they do the absolute bare minimum.

Surprised NSWE haven't addressed this sort of thing yet. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I bet the recorded message says “did you know you can buy tickets at avfc.co.uk” as if they assume it’s your first day on Earth.

"Please be aware that all tickets to P!nk have now sold out"

30 seconds of dingly dangly music

"Please be aware that all tickets to P!nk have now sold out"

etc

• Sad 1

Was just listening to an American sports journalist who said he doesn't like soccer because "it's not violent enough and there aren't enough timeouts for commercials"

:bang:

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â