Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes and yes that’s why we ordered it last week of November. Got a load of Christmas cards today as well and also business post that’s  been outstanding for 2 to 3 weeks

That’s why I put it in the things that pissed me off but shouldn’t category due to the strikes.

yeah but you live in the same house, thats is definitely something I don't get

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I see

We got a replacement card for his birthday from hallmark 👍 obviously not as good as the one we put together via Moonpig with pictures of him at various stages of his development

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm guessing it's the add your own photos thing moon pig does, I've done it a fair bit cos of the kids and my mom uses it for all the big number birthday, stick 10 photos of you growing up on a card for your 40th that kind of thing

No one is using moon pig or funky pigeon to buy bog standard cards that they can get from Clinton's or the card factory

The bigger thing I don't get is birthday and Christmas cards (cos I'm a word removed :trollface:) just waiting for the last stubborn bastards in my family to knock it on the head, unfortunately my mom is the main offender, she loves them, must have sent out over 100 Christmas cards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No one is using moon pig or funky pigeon to buy bog standard cards that they can get from Clinton's or the card factory

:ph34r:

I use Funky Pigeon for every card! 

McDonald's in China seem to be phasing out the touch screen order terminals and forcing you to order via the app. Except the app in Chinese only, doesn't load properly and last time I managed to order in it, the order was placed in a different restaurant to the one I was in. The machines were so wonderfully simple, the app is worse than my normal point and smile method of ordering food. 

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

it's any consolation, I was once responsible for naming a new computer system 'ISIS'. 

We opened a new systems Lab a fair few years ago, also named "ISIS". After all the frightful unpleasantness, I suggested it be renamed "Al Qaeda" to avoid reputational damage, but for some reason they rejected my proposal as frivolous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking for a new cordless vacuum,  ours about give up. New Dyson £700 😲

Surely people who can afford £700 for a vacuum cleaner, actually don't use it and have a cleaner. Such a rip off, I wouldn't mind but probably only costs £20 to knock together in that Indian sweat shop Dyson moved too.

They've got loads cheaper than that, tbf, do you need the absolute top of the line one?

I'm still happy with our fair entry level Miele, cost a couple of hundred quid more than powerful enough, and practically indestructible. Do have to mind the cord, but I'm not paying a few hundred quid for that 

Edited by Davkaus

On 30/12/2022 at 16:54, Follyfoot said:

My sons 16th birthday card arriving today from moonpig (his birthday was the 12th of December)

I opened an account at Moonpig to send my brother a Birthday card after he moved to Spain. 

He's never received it to this day months later. 

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Surely people who can afford £700 for a vacuum cleaner, actually don't use it and have a cleaner. Such a rip off, I wouldn't mind but probably only costs £20 to knock together in that Indian sweat shop Dyson moved too.

Don't buy a Dyson, the battery life is absolutely rubbish. Within 2 years ours wouldn't work for longer than a minute between charges

Seriously a plug in vacuum will last you much much longer

We replaced ours with a plug in Shark model

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure about cordless but @Rugeley Villahas always talked very positvely about a Henry vacuum cleaner...

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â