Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The "how many emails" line is a trademark of my boss.

Other specialities include,

Sitting in the car park infront of where everyone can see and popping the roof on her convertable.

Uncontrollably laughing at an unusually loud level when in a crowd, then turning the conversation onto herself.

Talking over people in order to turn the conversation onto herself.

Praising herself every time she does something right. One of our biggest customers renewed a contract not so long ago, after which she called a meeting to inform everyone how well she'd done. The words "I, me and my" came up with annoying regularity.

Sitting in the car park infront of where everyone can see and popping the roof on her convertable.

Uncontrollably laughing at an unusually loud level when in a crowd, then turning the conversation onto herself.

Praising herself every time she does something right. One of our biggest customers renewed a contract not so long ago, after which she called a meeting to inform everyone how well she'd done. The words "I, me and my" came up with annoying regularity.

Davina Brent!

Attention seeking.

My boss has been going on lately about how an old friend has been battling with illness, and keeping us all informed on a daily basis about what's going on. Without wishing to sound heartless, none of us really want to know in all honesty, I'm sure she wouldnt care if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway, my boss barely knows this person, he's not really any more than a friend of a friend, if that.

Anyway, sadly, said person passed away yesterday. My boss was inconsolable, the whole office got to hear about it in a flood of tears peppered with a good helping of "me, me me.. blah blah blah".

She's back in the office today, laughing her head off, in the mood of her life.

This really winds me up. That fake, 'look how caring and upset I am' act. My ex was like that whenever she talked about her passed grandparents and it really wound me up. Makes you feel a bit of an arsehole for thinking it though.

That actually brings me onto another point.

Facebook grieving

A young girl recently passed away near to me, I didn't know her, but a lot of my friends did.

The amount of status updates talking about how sad people were annoyed me a little.

People are ofcourse entitled to be sad, and mourn, and even venting it on facebook is absolutely fine. It was the way everyone was constantly talking about themselves that wound me up. Suddenly this girl had 300 best friends, all of whom were competing to get the most "likes" out of a status.

"I am so sad today, how will I cope, someone please give me attention"

Pipe down, you barely knew her.

The general line where I work from almost everyone in the office is :-

Me : Alright (insert name), hows it going ?

Them: "Busy, busy, busy" (The first busy is always loud so anyone else can hear it if needed).

That's it, that's all I get. No how are you ? or anything. That is from about 90 % of the people I work with. You can't even talk to people anymore.

I can't stand when people want attention via other peoples misfortune.

Just ignore it.

Attention seekers in general, I tend to give them a 'seriously, **** off' and that does it.

I find most people just don't want to be seen as a word removed, and thus give the seeker some attention, as if to say 'look how much I care, I'm so nice'. Those people are just as bad.

I may be a word removed, but at least I don't pretend otherwise.

Names & Addresses in full block capital letters

THEY SHOULD BE IN LOWER CASE, MAN

Mr I Me

100 Here Steet

There

Thingyshire

TT11 T11

NEVER

MR I ME

100 HERE STREET

THERE

THINGYSHIRE

TT11 1TT

:bang:

Horrible.

We are currently having our processes LEAN'd. So they have employed another team to come in and help make us more efficient.

We've just been Lean'd, even though we're an IT department. Never have I seen such a load of old ar$e gravy in all my life. Have you done your VVS's yet. I find it odd how a supposedly 21st century IT department is re-defining its processes using different colour post notes and and brown parcel paper.

We are currently having our processes LEAN'd. So they have employed another team to come in and help make us more efficient.

We've just been Lean'd, even though we're an IT department. Never have I seen such a load of old ar$e gravy in all my life. Have you done your VVS's yet. I find it odd how a supposedly 21st century IT department is re-defining its processes using different colour post notes and and brown parcel paper.

PRINCE and SSADM, anyone? :crylaugh::puke:

Oooh I've just remembered something that pissed me off at the England game on Friday.

I watched the game at Walkabout in town. When the final whistle went, they played "We Are the Champions" over the speakers

Dickheads

PRINCE as in PRojects IN a Controlled Environment - the de facto Project Management standard - Well versed and qualified in that bullsh1te. SSADM is a new one on me!

Oooh I've just remembered something that pissed me off at the England game on Friday.

I watched the game at Walkabout in town. When the final whistle went, they played "We Are the Champions" over the speakers

Dickheads

I watched it in a Wetherspoons in South Wales and had to put up with no end of idiots chanting Swedish songs followed by "Wayullllllls, Wayulllllls etc"

This was Chepstow, I could have found England by throwing a stone from where I was stood.

Petty and annoying.

PRINCE as in PRojects IN a Controlled Environment - the de facto Project Management standard - Well versed and qualified in that bullsh1te. SSADM is a new one on me!

Structured Systems Analysis and Design Method.

More bureaucratic bollocks. Give me JFDI any day.

people who study film trying to use all the deep and meaningful guff that they have learnt to tell me that i dont understand a film i didnt enjoy

apparently prometheus isnt disappointing film full of plot holes, its a technical masterpiece full of sexual references and depth about natural human fear, and anyone who didnt like the lighting techniques isnt a real fan of films

**** off

apprentices

got a chap started at work last week, 16 just left school, cocky, arrogant, walks with that "pissed chimp with a nappy full of shit" walk that they do now and said when i asked him to do something today -

"why should i, your paid more than me"

i was going to try and explain the whole point of being an apprentice is you earn more money the more skilled you become and you needs hands on learning to do this. i just found it easier to let down the tyres on his moped

"why should i, your paid more than me"

I must remember that the next time the boss asks me to do something :rollyeyes: #theyouthoftoday

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â