Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't know why I still have a facebook account. It's essentially pages upon pages of small talk and I **** hate small talk. People are obsessed with boasting about what a great time their having and taking pictures. Yeah taking 100's of pictures of a night up town telling everyone how '****' you were. If you were that drunk you would not be on facebook typing. Shit, I cant even find my own dick when I'm on a night out let alone having the ability to pull out a camera!

I have many more grievances regarding facebook but I will save them for another time :)

But this is not a problem with Facebook, it's a problem with your 'friends'.

Yes, I've seen this argument put forward a lot on here (and elsewhere). The argument that people that you have as 'friends' on FB post drivel, or annoy you etc.

2 points to make here:

1. If they are not really your friend, and you don't want to hear from them or their ramblings or posts, de-friend them.

2. If you would like to continue to have them as 'friends' on FB, but do not wish to se their posts or inane ramblings or stupid pictures, block their feeds, so that you don't see them.

It's very easy. I have blocked updates form a couple of 'friends' (one of whom is my sister) for this very reason.

I receive next to no drivel on FB now (apart from that annoying thing where FB tells you what games people have been playing - wish I could block that!)

Oh yes the majority of people on my friends list are hidden by now.

I don't know why I still have a facebook account. It's essentially pages upon pages of small talk and I **** hate small talk. People are obsessed with boasting about what a great time their having and taking pictures. Yeah taking 100's of pictures of a night up town telling everyone how '****' you were. If you were that drunk you would not be on facebook typing. Shit, I cant even find my own dick when I'm on a night out let alone having the ability to pull out a camera!

I have many more grievances regarding facebook but I will save them for another time :)

But this is not a problem with Facebook, it's a problem with your 'friends'.

Yes, I've seen this argument put forward a lot on here (and elsewhere). The argument that people that you have as 'friends' on FB post drivel, or annoy you etc.

2 points to make here:

1. If they are not really your friend, and you don't want to hear from them or their ramblings or posts, de-friend them.

2. If you would like to continue to have them as 'friends' on FB, but do not wish to se their posts or inane ramblings or stupid pictures, block their feeds, so that you don't see them.

It's very easy. I have blocked updates form a couple of 'friends' (one of whom is my sister) for this very reason.

I receive next to no drivel on FB now (apart from that annoying thing where FB tells you what games people have been playing - wish I could block that!)

You can even pick what type of post you would like to see for each person or for each group of people.

so basically, its not even a problem with Tim's friends, more a problem with how he has his account settings set up.

I did not know that, I'll have a look at these settings then.

Speaking of facebook, I got a bit peed off tonight:

Having to delete stupid messages from family members who don't quite understand that I don't want any rubbish about villa players on my profile (they support small heath but I'm not guilty m'lord). I mean, fine. If they choose to support a certain club and hate our club and it's players past or present then that's upto them but don't bring me into it and certainly don't post it on my profile. They mean it as banter but I don't see it as that what with work colleagues etc also viewing my profile.

I've not fallen out with them over it (well kinda have but patched it up, err, sort of)...it's family after all and I love them to bits. They would do anything for me and I'd do the same for them, even more so now that I don't see them as often as I'd like.

It's just facebook for crying out loud! A bad mix with family at that!

If only everyone could just respect why you don't want certain posts and remarks on your profile then all will be good. Oh no, but they can't do that, they carry on posting messages until you're forced to delete them and then you're just waiting until the morning to see if A) they've forgot, B) they admitted they were drunk, C) they're really upset that you deleted them or D) it was meant as a joke, complete with a laugh in your face, Nelson from the Simpsons style.

facebook: Ggggggggggggggrrrrr!

When wearing a floursent jacket in a public place with parked vehicles automatically means your a traffic warden to the entire UK population.

(added to that, how many **** wardens to you see with a clip board, camera, measuring wheel and NO BASTARD BLUE CAP)

if people are going to double park, not have a ticket or stay on double yellow lines ....KNOW YOUR ENEMY!! or park legally.

Having to take the risk of trying a new curry house since the last couple of orders from my usual place has seen them screw it up, missing things off the order. They're great otherwise, fast and good quality, but I'm not giving them more custom after 2 cock ups in a row.

Sods law, of course, dictates that the new place I end up taking the plunge with will be bollocks.

I hear you Chindie, it really is venturing in to the unknown selecting a previously unused take away. I moved house last year, it has taken best part of 12 months to settle on a 'local' Chinese, Indian and Chippy.

Living with a woman = difficult at times

Living with a pregnant woman = difficult almost all the time

Living with a pregnant woman 1 week overdue = FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Footballers and other rubes who cover their arms in those stupid generic tattoo 'sleeves'

Why does this annoy you? Surely people can do what they like with their own bodies?

On the subject of tattoos though, one thing that really annoys me is when people think you should only get a tattoo if it "means something". I have more respect for people who get a tattoo just because they think it looks cool, than the people who get something that they think looks cool but then try to justify having it by claiming it means something and trying to appear all deep and philosophical. It's purely to try and make them appear more interesting and to impress people but it just makes them seem fake to me.

Ever watch that TV show L.A Ink? It's your typical American pseudo-reality TV show, scripted and fake as hell. Anyway, they constantly have these sob stories (some of them being genuine, I would hope) where someone comes into the tattoo parlour having lost a loved one and deciding to get a custom-designed tattoo to remember them by. This is all well and good, I have no problem with this. Except this one guy comes in saying he lost his brother in a car accident, and decides to get a flaming skull wrapped in barbed wire with a snake hissing. It basically had nothing to do with his brother, he just thought it looked cool.

If you think of a cool design and want it tattooed on you, then just do it. Don't try to appear deep by trying to give it some emotional meaning, you just come across as phony, pretentious prick.

Having to take the risk of trying a new curry house since the last couple of orders from my usual place has seen them screw it up, missing things off the order. They're great otherwise, fast and good quality, but I'm not giving them more custom after 2 cock ups in a row.

Sods law, of course, dictates that the new place I end up taking the plunge with will be bollocks.

I'm on a similar quest. My usual in Sittingbourne produces some excellent food but their attitude stinks. So i finally decided that I'd go elsewhere. Unfortunately, two months later it turns out there isn't another decent curry house for miles and miles.

I'm on a similar quest. My usual in Sittingbourne produces some excellent food but their attitude stinks. So i finally decided that I'd go elsewhere. Unfortunately, two months later it turns out there isn't another decent curry house for miles and miles.

To be fair to the curry house, expecting good manners in Sittingbourne is tragically over-optimistic. :wink:

I hear you Chindie, it really is venturing in to the unknown selecting a previously unused take away. I moved house last year, it has taken best part of 12 months to settle on a 'local' Chinese, Indian and Chippy.

It's perfect fodder for this thread. Really doesn't matter but it's so annoying. the place I ended up going with was a very different take on my usual order but also worked out cheaper, was perfectly nice (probably tastier than the usual in all honesty) and good service all the same. May have struck lucky on the first try...

My mate.

He has two sets of friends, so when everyone's away at uni (he's stays in Birmingham) he goes off with them which is fair enough but if you ever text him, you get **** all back, he doesn't speak to you for the time you're away (not just me either, he does it to the whole group). Then as soon everyone comes back he's always out with us. I've no problem with him as a person, it just really **** me off the way he flits between the two groups when half the year he doesn't give a shit.

What's worse is that when he's with one of my best mates, he turns him in to an insufferable bell end and you can't separate them.

My mate.

He has two sets of friends, so when everyone's away at uni (he's stays in Birmingham) he goes off with them which is fair enough but if you ever text him, you get **** all back, he doesn't speak to you for the time you're away (not just me either, he does it to the whole group). Then as soon everyone comes back he's always out with us. I've no problem with him as a person, it just really **** me off the way he flits between the two groups when half the year he doesn't give a shit.

What's worse is that when he's with one of my best mates, he turns him in to an insufferable bell end and you can't separate them.

Jealous you are not getting the attention? :winkold: :winkold:

I had the same problem with a mate when we were at uni.

We both went to different unis, so obviously had separate groups of friends while we were there. But during term time he was basically uncontactable (is that a word?)

Wouldn't answer texts or phonecalls. He got better once facebook got big, especially as he went to oxford so had facebook before the majority of other people so he sort of pioneered it in our group of friends.

But yeah, I know what you mean. it's no big deal, it's just mildly annoying that he wouldn't speak to you during term time.

Me and the Mrs need to get a train for 30 mins and then a 20 minute walk to the nearest eatable curry. There are some nice ones in Amsterdam but thats a long way from the coast.

The Dutch don't like Indian food, far too tasty and nice for them. They prefer to eat utter rubbish every day. Basically the whole country revolves around bread.

People with Tribal Tattoos.... so... chavtastic.

Has to be the lowest form of "art" ever...

LOLpinions

Depends what you class as tribal, imo.

Generic big tribal tattoos (see rumoured liverpool third kit sleeves) can (emphasis on CAN, not always) look crap.

But other tribal tattoos can look awesome. I would class The Rock's half sleeve/chest tattoo as tribal, and I think that looks amazing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â