Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Believe in these places, i.e Oxford/Gloucester they don't generally offer SACs, they just give you the 3 points, an whack the £100 fine straight on their budget, I'm evidence of it, that time I missed my turning and blatted it back up the road, to this day I'm not sure where the camera was, I reckon it was some dude jumping out the bushes.

My missus got done about six weeks back, coming out of Whitacre Heath into Coleshill where the limit drops to 30 from 50. She was clocked doing 47. No offer of a course, just a fine and points. 

Annoyingly the first time she's ever got a speeding ticket in nearly 40 years. 

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My missus got done about six weeks back, coming out of Whitacre Heath into Coleshill where the limit drops to 30 from 50. She was clocked doing 47. No offer of a course, just a fine and points. 

I think the SAC course can only be offered instead of points for a more minor breach of the limit.

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Her speed was too high to be offered the course, the course is only offered to people who are within 10mph or 15mph of the limit I think. I just scraped in last time they clocked me at 79mph (in a 70)

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I have a vision of it being like the staff training episode of The Office

“So let’s say you’ve gone from 0-60 in 6 seconds-“

”erm actually I think you’ll find a ford focus can only do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds”

”For example if you drive at 80mph in a straight line on the M1 for 25 miles”

”Erm I think you’ll find that there are no straight stretches of the M1 longer than 17.8 miles so that’s actually physically impossible”

”Excuse me you said this course would start at 9am and it’s currently 9:04 so I’d like my money back for that 4 minutes”

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How do you know, if you were out cold. 🤣

RAF Luton told me, they video'd the whole thing from a Canberra. I've subsequently informaed Sandford Police and they are investigating

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

“So let’s say you’ve gone from 0-60 in 6 seconds-“

”erm actually I think you’ll find a ford focus can only do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds”

”For example if you drive at 80mph in a straight line on the M1 for 25 miles”

”Erm I think you’ll find that there are no straight stretches of the M1 longer than 17.8 miles so that’s actually physically impossible”

”Excuse me you said this course would start at 9am and it’s currently 9:04 so I’d like my money back for that 4 minutes”

"I'll go and fetch my bagpipes"

• Haha 2

So we are having a baby. We have a small house.

I've said endlessly this house is full of crap that isn't needed.

Bags. Millions.

Shoes. Billions.

Books. Loads.

DVDs. Stacks.

CDs. Mountains.

Clothes. Giant wardrobe full and 2 storage bags.

Are most of them ever worn? No. Do we consume physical media? No.

I'm a simple man. I lived alone and my flat was spotless, no crap, if it wasn't of use it was gone. No I find myself really getting down and disheartened being surrounded by junk. Endlessly.

How many times of how do I express what is the point in holding onto this crap for another decade

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

As others have mentioned, there are maximum offending speeds that restrict the offer of a speed awareness course, assuming there's no previous offence within 3 years. They are:

• 30 mph - up to and including 42 mph
  • 40 mph - up to and including 53 mph
  • 50 mph - up to and including 64 mph
  • 60 mph - up to and including 75 mph
  • 70 mph - up to and including 86 mph.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So we are having a baby. We have a small house.

I've said endlessly this house is full of crap that isn't needed.

Bags. Millions.

Shoes. Billions.

Books. Loads.

DVDs. Stacks.

CDs. Mountains.

Clothes. Giant wardrobe full and 2 storage bags.

Are most of them ever worn? No. Do we consume physical media? No.

I'm a simple man. I lived alone and my flat was spotless, no crap, if it wasn't of use it was gone. No I find myself really getting down and disheartened being surrounded by junk. Endlessly.

How many times of how do I express what is the point in holding onto this crap for another decade

Some people are born like that.My mother-in-law collected everything you could think of,even newspapers.She had newspapers going back about 5/6 years.You have 2 choices,get used to it or get a divorce.

• Like 1

People who ask “how’s your day going?” At the beginning of the day… worse yet when they insert the actual day  and my name in to the question. “How’s your Monday going, Carry?”

cheers…….. KAREN, for for reminding me that I exist in Monday, the beginning of a hellish week and me, Carry had just woken up 45 minutes ago and got myself here. It’s been an event filled day Karen, how’s your Monday going?!?

yeah, I’m looking forward to going in to work tomorrow. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 hours ago, Xela said:

"I'll go and fetch my bagpipes"

He's getting worse. I actually recorded him yesterday. I don't understand how he can practice every day and deteriorate from awful to something far worse

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I bet you were an absolute **** nightmare on that course

Hmmm nah, that was the only thing I commented on I think. Object of the day was to get through it as painlessly as possible, truth be known, my fellow inmates were far more annoying than the instructors

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The sequence of these threads (yes, I know they will constantly shuffle as comments are added, but still, y'know, OCD...) 

Screenshot_2022-11-20-13-10-51-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I’m more annoyed by the fact I can’t edit the title of Match Day 1 to be the same as others 😬

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I actually recorded him yesterday.

Released on Monday, then? on the "Penny Lame" record label. Limited release, white vinyl. £15. You could make, literally pennies - as per the Label title. Why did you call your record label Penny Lame, btw? Beadles fan, I guess?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m more annoyed by the fact I can’t edit the title of Match Day 1 to be the same as others 😬

It’s good that you included the FIFA so people didn’t get it mixed up with the SIFF world cup

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â