Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Time for my annual raging against premature xmas crap in shops. Eff the eff off! It’s still October! 

Also, people just leaving their shopping trolleys in the middle of the car park because they’re too effing lazy to take it back to the bay. 

WHy does it take you a month to do this. Xmas shite has been in the shops for ages here.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

WHy does it take you a month to do this. Xmas shite has been in the shops for ages here.

We’re not as far down the slippery slope to full USA-style civilization break down as you are. Yet. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Also, people just leaving their shopping trolleys in the middle of the car park because they’re too effing lazy to take it back to the bay. 

Pet hate of mine. 

Its funny though as you can tell what type of area you are in over here by the abandoned trolleys. Posh/salubrious area - very few trolleys left out. More, shall we say, poorer areas, the trolleys are littered all over the place. Good indication of the mentality of the people who use that particular supermarket. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pet hate of mine. 

Its funny though as you can tell what type of area you are in over here by the abandoned trolleys. Posh/salubrious area - very few trolleys left out. More, shall we say, poorer areas, the trolleys are littered all over the place. Good indication of the mentality of the people who use that particular supermarket. 

Don't they have to unlock the trollies with a pound coin? Round here, the only supermarket that doesn't require that (and has 'free access' trollies) is... Waitrose. Which would seem to confirm your sociological analysis, 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't they have to unlock the trollies with a pound coin? Round here, the only supermarket that doesn't require that (and has 'free access' trollies) is... Waitrose. Which would seem to confirm your sociological analysis, 

The only supermarket I am aware of anywhere round by me, strangely, is the Morrisons right in he centre of Solihull. 

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pet hate of mine. 

Always say, that Tesco in Witton by VP a great example. Seems as much disabled parking as there is normal parking too, shockingly always full!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

@Mandy Lifeboats well, I found your story very funny*, thanks 😃 

* now awaiting other VTers Joe Pesci type replies as in "funny ? Funny how ? Like a clown...?" 🙄)

Thanks.  

I must remember to make sure I moderate my offensive storytelling in future.  

“A group of persons was in a restaurant. I had reasonable cause to conclude they were Vegans due to overhearing them order Vegan meals.  Whilst this is not conclusive proof of their lifestyle choice, I  respectfully ask you to join me in that assumption…………………”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I've already got a turkey crown, six bottles of wine, Desperados, cider, mixers, crisps and nuts etc.

makes the spend less nearer the time if you put a bit away in the run-up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Pet hate of mine. 

...here we effing go.....🙄....incoming snidey dress code comments....in 3....2....1....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Thanks.  

I must remember to make sure I moderate my offensive storytelling in future.  

Nobody said it was offensive, just questioned your stray descriptors that seemed irrelevant. You're hardly being persecuted.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nobody said it was offensive, just questioned your stray descriptors that seemed irrelevant. You're hardly being persecuted.

OK, no need to be so woke about it. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree it's not persecution.   But I thought it was pretty self evident that the descriptors were directly relevant to the story.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

...here we effing go.....🙄....incoming snidey dress code comments....in 3....2....1....

They typically wear.... 

:P 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The really bad people have done it again. FFS.

Spent 4 months putting together a strategy and plan for a large scale server migration project. Everything in place, test scripts written, then just like it that it ended. Thanks but we arent doing it now. Frustrating to say the least. Thankfully I am on a more traditional SDLC project as the uat lead so the frustrations will be lessened. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Spent 4 months putting together a strategy and plan for a large scale server migration project. Everything in place, test scripts written, then just like it that it ended. Thanks but we arent doing it now. Frustrating to say the least. Thankfully I am on a more traditional SDLC project as the uat lead so the frustrations will be lessened. 

I've spent the last 7 months whipping 5 scrum teams into shape (have you tried testing anything *other* than the example good input? No? Might be worth a try...) , building automation frameworks and other tooling for them, setting up half a dozen large scale test environments. All highly customised to the market we're now pulling out of, so some lessons learned along the way, but not a line of reusable implementation.

It is brutal when the hammer drops. Literally just got an invite to all 50-60 people working on it called "project status meeting" with 15 minutes notice, and sent a message to my boss "it's happening again isn't it...?".

This afternoon's job is deleting everything I've worked on since April. Yay.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â