Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Medium sliced bread is now thin, thick sliced bread is now medium. If I want thick sliced bread I have to buy toastie, which ends up either being what thick sliced loaf should be, or it's like eating half a loaf per slice.

I think your mouth has just got bigger. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Medium sliced bread is now thin, thick sliced bread is now medium. If I want thick sliced bread I have to buy toastie, which ends up either being what thick sliced loaf should be, or it's like eating half a loaf per slice.

I like thin bread so this sounds perfect!

As soon as you have been in contact with a company or any organisation they all want to know what you thought about it. I had no complaints until you started sending mails and texts about a survey you want me to answer.

• Like 3

Just now, NoelVilla said:

As soon as you have been in contact with a company or any organisation they all want to know what you thought about it. I had no complaints until you started sending mails and texts about a survey you want me to answer.

Yep and very usually in a timeframe where you've had absolutely no chance to use the product and form an opinion.

If I was ever arsed to do it, I'd review then as one out of whatever and blame the fishing for early compliments as my reason. But I really can't be bothered

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Or when you buy something from the likes of eBay or Amazon and they start emailing you “what about this?”.

I already bought one, and you know it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Or when you buy something from the likes of eBay or Amazon and they start emailing you “what about this?”.

Yep. When I've been reading magazines in Readly, I then tend to get adverts trying to sell me a Readly subscription that it should be obvious I already have. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

yep, how many new vacuum cleaners or air fryers do you think i need!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

yep, how many new vacuum cleaners or air fryers do you think i need!

You clearly haven't met my missus. Last count we had three vacuum cleaners in the house because she's bought new ones and I refuse to throw the perfectly good old ones out

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

You clearly haven't met my missus. Last count we had three vacuum cleaners in the house because she's bought new ones and I refuse to throw the perfectly good old ones out

funnily enough, we also somehow have 3 working vacuum cleaners in the house all of which have nothing wrong with them and seem to be used in rotation or for different parts of the house.

• Haha 1

On 25/10/2022 at 10:23, JoshVilla said:

Only on Sunday I was moaning about how thin medium sliced bread had become. Why do they do that? There's no advantage is there? 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Only on Sunday I was moaning about how thin medium sliced bread had become. Why do they do that? There's no advantage is there? 

Maybe if they advertise its calorie value per slice? 

On 26/10/2022 at 09:39, bickster said:

Yep and very usually in a timeframe where you've had absolutely no chance to use the product and form an opinion.

If I was ever arsed to do it, I'd review then as one out of whatever and blame the fishing for early compliments as my reason. But I really can't be bothered

Yeah this drives me mad. You go to a company website and the first thing that happens is a thing pops up asking you to take a survey about how you rate their website.

I haven't **** used it yet!

• Like 2

On 26/10/2022 at 10:05, mjmooney said:

Yep. When I've been reading magazines in Readly, I then tend to get adverts trying to sell me a Readly subscription that it should be obvious I already have. 

Yeah for me it used to be adverts for sky+ on a program I've downloaded from Sky+. I obviously already have this!

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this drives me mad. You go to a company website and the first thing that happens is a thing pops up asking you to take a survey about how you rate their website.

I haven't **** used it yet!

I have a Google mini smart speaker which they gave me for free. Decent sound from such a tiny thing. I almost always just control it with my phone. The other day was one of those times when I didn't have a free hand, so I used the voice activation thing  "OK Google, volume down" and it worked. 

It then stopped the music to ask me, via a written message on the screen of my phone, which I then had to tap, "How did we do?" 

Then I had to restart the music myself. 

• Haha 2

People that sell second hand stuff for much higher than they are worth because they paid a lot for it.

It’s usually sofa’s.

Selling this 2 seater for £1700, I paid £2500 for it 12 months ago.

It doesn’t work like that love. 

There was an ad on our local fb group the other day. Selling a TV unit, a table and a tall bookcase type unit. “paid £2000 for them, i’ll accept £1100”. Haha yeah, I bet you will. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Could it be due to the amount of added sugar? This might reduce them to below a certain per serving threshold.

• Like 1

I went to a restaurant after work.  Behind us was a stereotypical woke vegan middle class family.  One of the children (aged 10 ish)  was having a tantrum because her desired meal wasn't remotely the sort of food on the menu.  The father disciplined her by saying

"Your actions are making the other diners perceive you as having an inappropriately inflated sense of entitlement." 

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â