Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m more pissed off that I’ll have to actually go on LinkedIn and update my profile 🤣

Why bother? Most people I look up on there don't seem to bother updating it even after moving jobs.  I know you left there ages ago 🤔

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Cheers mate. That’s the plan, if I can find a better or similar role ready for November then I won’t have lost out financially and will be able to bank the redundancy cash for nice holidays next year (or the energy bills :o). 

I’m more pissed off that I’ll have to actually go on LinkedIn and update my profile 🤣

Good luck! Hope you end up at a good place and a nice salary-bump

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why bother? Most people I look up on there don't seem to bother updating it even after moving jobs.  I know you left there ages ago 🤔

I know that most recruiters or recruiting managers will check it in the early stages. I want to do everything I can to enhance my chances, even if I don’t agree with or like it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know that most recruiters or recruiting managers will check it in the early stages. I want to do everything I can to enhance my chances, even if I don’t agree with or like it. 

Exactly, it’s the way of the industry now. Make sure it’s nice and up to date. Someone who created a profile and doesn’t maintain it doesn’t exactly scream professional does it? 

Start liking some relevant content on LinkedIn too to show you’re active in the industry too. Maybe give some kudos to colleagues.

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Everybody called to a meeting later today by the boss.

"Hope you have time for a meeting today" with the subject Information. Meetings like that is never good news. Maybe we all need to update our LinkedIn.

Friday afternoon too, I’d be nervous. Good luck buddy. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Everybody called to a meeting later today by the boss.

"Hope you have time for a meeting today" with the subject Information. Meetings like that is never good news. Maybe we all need to update our LinkedIn.

That’s ominous. Hope it’s nothing terrible. 

• Like 1

Two new tyres 255 r17s - hankook- £250 !! 

I mean yeah, OK I could've gone for budget or even remoulds (if they still do em) but hankook ain't even premium brand. Pirelli, michelin and continental wanted £180+ per tyre !

Thatcher's Britain 😡

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I mean yeah, OK I could've gone for budget or even remoulds (if they still do em) but hankook ain't even premium brand. Pirelli, michelin and continental wanted £180+ per tyre !

Thatcher's Britain 😡

R19's for my Alfa were £250 each. A grand to kit the old girl out with new shoes! 

• Shocked 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Thatcher's Britain 😡

Bloody hell!

£90 each for Pirellis on mine. 225/45/R17 size. 

• Like 1

Having the car MOT in Bordesley, some unwashed looking **** with a can of beer asks if I've "got a light" 

If you can afford a beer at half ten in the morning you should be able to afford a box of matches you word removed. 

• Like 1

On 21/09/2022 at 17:23, Davkaus said:

One to add to Rob and KV's experiences,  I've spent most of the last 96 hours in hospital, sleeping next to my daughter, feeling scared to even go for a piss because the ward is so understaffed. At one point the ward manager, after I'd given her a bollocking (which in hindsight was a bit unfair on her and I've apologised and said I was angry at the situation all of us were in, not her), encouraged me to go home and get some sleep. I outright told her I wanted to go, but I couldn't because the ward was unsafely staffed and I didn't trust them to keep her alive overnight. The only response I got was awkward silence. It's like it throughout the entire hospital; the midwives I know are now told they're not allowed to leave the ward or have a nap on their breaks on night shifts because it leaves a single member of staff working and it's too dangerous.

At one point I went out for 5 minutes to nip to the toilet and grab a drink. I heard her start to cry, but there were nurses around, so I just made myself keep going because it'd been a long day with no respite and I was going mental. Came back a few minutes later, she's ripped out her cannula, is screaming so loud I can hear her through 3 sets of doors, blood everywhere, alarms going off, not a nurse in sight, and it took 25 minutes for someone to finally come and help.

Last night, 9 patients, all kids, all post-surgery. 2 nurses on duty, no HCAs. My daughter is on meds that mean that two nurses are needed to prepare it, so they both just have to leave the ward for about 15 minutes to prepare it together, leaving the patients (reminder, all children) completely unattended, most had their parents there, but not all. More than enough time for someone to die without a member of staff even being there to hear the alarms, these aren't particularly well patients, my daughter had been out of intensive care for a few hours. They should ideally have had on 3 nurses and a couple of HCAs.

We're at the point of expecting she'll be in there for months and knowing that we don't have the option of one of us being there 24/7 because she isn't safe without us there, so the only time we'll see each other this side of Christmas is in the hospital

I don't blame the individual staff, they're doing what they can, but the NHS is on its knees. There's hundreds of vacancies in the maternity and children's hospital alone they can't fill because people are waking up to the realities of taking on student debt for not particularly well paying jobs with awful hours and atrocious conditions. 

I can't even begin to comprehend how awful that must be. I don't think I'd be able to handle it. My daughter was in overnight in the children's hospital last week and its just utter chaos. 

With a wife in the NHS and her close friends in there also, I've been saying for a while that the NHS is ****. It's absolutely broken and people don't realise until they or a loved one are seriously ill. 

This should be the major talking point for the media. I can't believe how overlooked it is. The NHS should be the envy of the world and we are allowing it to be destroyed. 

I worry it will never be fixed

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Having the car MOT in Bordesley, some unwashed looking **** with a can of beer asks if I've "got a light" 

If you can afford a beer at half ten in the morning you should be able to afford a box of matches you word removed. 

More to the point, what were you doing in sha territory ? At least he proved he belonged there by drinking in his "town" but you.....don't you have MOT stations in the Shires ?

Mate.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

More to the point, what were you doing in sha territory ? At least he proved he belonged there by drinking in his "town" but you.....don't you have MOT stations in the Shires ?

Mate.

Heh heh.

I have been using the same place for 13 years, they are quite lenient with me ;)

Also it was time for a spice stock-up - see "things that cheer you up" thread :)

• Haha 1

A fifteen minute drive across the city to the hospital is taken me an hour and a half this morning, because of a half marathon. All major cross city routes closed off, funnelling thousands of cars, buses and emergency services vehicles off suitable multi lane roads, down unsuitable residential streets. Bravo.

I'd ban this shit if I were in charge

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A fifteen minute drive across the city to the hospital is taken me an hour and a half this morning, because of a half marathon. All major cross city routes closed off, funnelling thousands of cars, buses and emergency services vehicles off suitable multi lane roads, down unsuitable residential streets. Bravo.

We have a marathon and two half marathons a year, it's 'kin ridiculous because they try to make the routes take in as many of the tourist attractions as they can. some people who live just outside the city centre are literally trapped where they live for the best part of 8 hours

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As a former runner in the Birmingham 'Half', I have mixed feelings. 

• Like 1

But on the subject of closing roads, Liverpool city council played an absolute blinder this week. They decided to have a Car Free Day and closed the main road through the waterfront and had stalls and events going on the closed road, yeah on a schoolday (all powered by diesel generators). They didn't really advertise it in advance apart from a few yellow signs on the road itself in the week leading up to it. It caused absolute chaos and undoubtedly caused far more pollution that the normal traffic flow would ever have caused.

Now some people are going to say, car feee day sounds good. Let me explain. Most cities have an outer ring road, we do to its called Queens Drive, except its only a semi-circle because of the river so what connects the two ends of the semi-circle is the main north south road that runs parrallel to the river, and it goes throught the city centre, it is the main road that connects North to South. The copuncil have already dicked about with this road, reducing the number lanes to improve the traffic flow (yes, lets not go there) and make the pavements wider (they were very wide in the first place) to help with tourism (the appear to have neglected the fact its a natural wind tunnel and people don't use it and never will use it to just stroll about as they imagine it in their heads)

Essentially what they did was the equivalent of holding hold an impromptu street party on the North Circular Road in London, just to give you an idea of how monumentally stupid and crippling this idea was.

10,000 vehicles an hour use this route and due to other council roads decisions is the only real North South Route (Lime Street used to be a secondary route but they've now chopped the city centre in half with that and it's impassible)

LCC, the idiots Labour Council. In times when we appear to be heading for another Labour Government, I think we're only a few years away from the LibDems running Liverpool again. There's history for this, Liverpool often does the opposite of the country politically

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â