Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have one of these to store my outdoor cushions and other garden stuff in. 

7ff4238d711048bc803a8ec0efbd5675.jpg

£20 and 2 minutes to assemble 😀

I have one of those, thing is I would need at least 4 of them to store the amount of cushions we have, and they do leak I am afraid.  And as I said, we didn't want plastic, we wanted wood.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I have one of those, thing is I would need at least 4 of them to store the amount of cushions we have, and they do leak I am afraid.  And as I said, we didn't want plastic, we wanted wood.

How many cushions can you possibly want for a sodding patio? Do you live in Buckingham Palace? Are some of the cushions for Corgis?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Fair enough on the size but mine doesn’t leak… did you put it together crooked and twisted? 👀 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

How many cushions can you possibly want for a sodding patio? Do you live in Buckingham Palace? Are some of the cushions for Corgis?

Enough cushions to fill a 3ft x 3ft shed.

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm now wondering if you are Doctor Who

Funny you should say that.  Mrs Sidcow did suggest painting it to look like The Tardis for a joke.  We went with charcoal grey though.   it's basically this.

image.jpeg.e3520b94d44a9e7ae76eb77e37673108.jpeg

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Funny you should say that.  Mrs Sidcow did suggest painting it to look like The Tardis for a joke.  We went with charcoal grey though.   it's basically this.

image.jpeg.e3520b94d44a9e7ae76eb77e37673108.jpeg

How the other half lives. A goddamn cushion shed!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Reminds me of my pal, who has another car just to take the dog out. Too much money some people.

I know a couple of people with 'station' cars. Just a run-a-round to drive to the train station and back and not have to worry about it being damaged/stolen or left there overnight. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 12:42, mjmooney said:

Ho ho, KW bait. 32" (Ooh-err...) 

Sure, I've seen these super duper tellies in shops, that look spectacular, but tbh, I think it's more that I don't care. It's like with audio, I've never really been interested in hi fi - I just listen to songs, not sounds. Not particularly bothered if it's mp3, FLAC, CD, vinyl, transitor radio, jukebox, whatever. Same with telly - once I'm watching a programme, I'm engaged with the plot, not the clarity of the pixels. 

I was watching football at a mate's house recently, and he was raving about the HD quality, so we did an A-B comparison, flicking between the SD and HD channels. OK, I could detect a slight difference, but it was just that - a difference. I didn't think the HD was especially better than the SD. 

I rarely access the HD channels on our TV, for the simple reason that ICBA to scroll that far down the listings (or learn the numbers, or edit the guide). 

Good Enough is good enough. 

Update: I've just bought a new telly. Now 43", rather than 32". And I'm sitting here right now, switching back and forth between BBC1 and BBC1 HD. 

Honestly, I can't see any difference. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â