Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Nah I like that. It reminds us what's really important in VT-land :) We're here for Villa and Villa is a team in need. We're all very concerned and the main forum has taken an upturn recently.

The main board is actually quite civilised with people having decent discussions.... I see a number of the worst offenders on VT seem to be taking a break from the website... were they banned? :suspect:

Nah I like that. It reminds us what's really important in VT-land :) We're here for Villa and Villa is a team in need. We're all very concerned and the main forum has taken an upturn recently.

Thats true to be fair Bri, but mainly because OT has been quiet recently. As Stevo says, there is only so much proper work my body can handle in a day. :)

^ Good shout.

Even posters (piss-artists) like Gareth and Wiggy are popping up with meaningful comments in the VT section.

Not possible! :shock:

Your right Ad, a selection of my last 5 posts in the VT section...

Im in full acceptance of being relegated now.

What a complete **** up this all is!?!?!

Martinez has a rolling contract! Whelan himself said it, but Whelan thinks he'll end up an Man Utd from Wigan.

Well that shows you how full of shit Whelan is then! Martinez at Man Utd...no chance!

If anyone says 'yes' that want **** with a shitty stick!!!

Not very meanigful at all! :lol:

^ Good shout.

Even posters (piss-artists) like Gareth and Wiggy are popping up with meaningful comments in the VT section.

Not possible! :shock:

Your right Ad, a selection of my last 5 posts in the VT section...

Im in full acceptance of being relegated now.

What a complete **** up this all is!?!?!

Martinez has a rolling contract! Whelan himself said it, but Whelan thinks he'll end up an Man Utd from Wigan.

Well that shows you how full of shit Whelan is then! Martinez at Man Utd...no chance!

If anyone says 'yes' that want **** with a shitty stick!!!

Not very meanigful at all! :lol:

But, relatively speaking...

The fact that Waterstones want to charge people £19 for Iain Banks latest.

I didn't really want to give Amazon my money for once, but at that money, Amazon can take it.

Have you tried Waterstones website? Not as cheap as Amazon in some cases but cheaper than their shops.

Waterstones are doomed.

I hope not as it is my favourite shop. However, I fear you are right!

The smell of books......mmmmmmmm

You are a freak! :lol:

Then I'm a freak too. Books have so many different - and evocative - smells. The shiny glossy ones, the cheap ones, the foreign ones, the dusty old 1960s paperbacks... Sniffing a book is part of the ritual of reading it, much like getting the aroma of wine before tasting.

The fact that Waterstones want to charge people £19 for Iain Banks latest.

I didn't really want to give Amazon my money for once, but at that money, Amazon can take it.

Have you tried Waterstones website? Not as cheap as Amazon in some cases but cheaper than their shops.

Ended up going with Amazon - best part of £11 cheaper, I don't like using Amazon as much as I do and have done but at that kind of difference I can't be too picky.

Waterstones are doomed.

I hope not as it is my favourite shop. However, I fear you are right!

The smell of books......mmmmmmmm

You are a freak! :lol:

Then I'm a freak too. Books have so many different - and evocative - smells. The shiny glossy ones, the cheap ones, the foreign ones, the dusty old 1960s paperbacks... Sniffing a book is part of the ritual of reading it, much like getting the aroma of wine before tasting.

Yep, the smell of a book is part of enjoyment. Even the quality of the paper can make me feel more into reading a book, it makes it feel like you've got something well made and substantial.

Theres a similar thing with games - I loved the smell and reading of a freshly opened game's manual. Unfortunately the days of proper manuals in games are behind us, you just get a slip of paper with Legalese on it now. Another downside of that when I was employed at Gamestation was that it made filing 'guts' of display copies a pain in the arse, you couldn't at a glance pick them out of the drawers.

paper, font, setting out

the whole printer's art is sublime

I've got a copy of Rape of the Fair Country that's one of my fave books partly because of the strange semi gloss paper I've never seen in any other cheapo pulp paperback.

Another fave is 'The Contemporary Print' by Susan Tallman, I've got a first edition hardback and as befits the title, the whole book compliments its subject matter, including the smell.

i always wanted to work in waterstones. my plan after my undergrad was to work there for a year whilst I considered what to do, never happened sadly. With borders closing a couple of years ago, there's fewer bookstores in cardiff to peruse now sadly. A couple of small independent stores but meh, online stores can compete - and I'm as guilty as the next man for going with the cheaper price sadly.

More of a US thing I guess but - something that really irritates me is waiting until the traffic clears to turn right on a red light, then some f*cker drives up on the left of you in their sh*tty CAN HAUL 3472349 POUNDS BUT I'VE NEVER EVEN GOT CLOSE TO A TENTH OF THAT THAT truck with complete disregard for the cross-walk lines, or you trying to turn right. You have generally already inched as close to the line as you can at this point, but as a result of the tard on your port side you have to basically have to drive half of your car over the lines, almost into the traffic just so you can see when it stops and you can go.

Bastards.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â